Thread: Mother and son?

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar

Mother and son?

Has anyone here ever heard of mothers who support and help their sons cross dress? I dont mean the mothers of TG fiction who FORCE their sons to cd out of "sickness" or for "punishment", but mothers who are supportive and may even go out and do girly things (socializing shopping) with their boys. What about a mother and son Look Alike contest?

My mother is very supportive. We have never gone on shoping trips or stuff like that but we have been out in public together with me dressed up. She has no problem with it. Some times she buys me make-up that she thinks would look good on me and has even borrowed some of mine. The way she looks at dosen't change no matter what I am wearing. At least that is what she told me. As a matter of fact we became closer after I "came-out" to her that I was a crossdresser.
    The key to my heart is a sexy pair of heels.

"She is everything to me
    The unrequited dream
    A song that no one sings
    The unattainable
    Shes a myth that I have to believe in
    All I need to make it real is one more reason"...SlipKnot

My Mom knows pretty much all about me. She says that it makes no difference to her. We have never gone shopping or anything though. I am not sure if I would like it or not. May seem a little wierd at first.
    Sarah

"So Often times it happens, that we live our lives in chains, and we never even know we have the key" The Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Marina Twelve
    Has anyone here ever heard of mothers who support and help their sons cross dress? I dont mean the mothers of TG fiction who FORCE their sons to cd out of "sickness" or for "punishment", but mothers who are supportive and may even go out and do girly things (socializing shopping) with their boys. What about a mother and son Look Alike contest?
    Geeeesh, Marina...
    You're really into this whole "dressing young boys" thing, aren't you? You're the one who posted that fantasy about the boys being dressed up as flower girls, etc.
    What next?

Well my mum is more accepting of my dressing than my dad is... But they don't encourage me in any way.

I just need to get out of the house!! Dear god!

[size=3]Hugs xx[/size]

[size=2]"You don't have to be fat to be a lady", Sophie 2006[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Hey, those are nice shoes, but they'd look better in my pants! ... I mean..." Robot Chicken, 2006[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"He's just said a word we don't understand! And he's won at scrabble with it!" - Eddie Izzard 1998[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Head over heels is fine, unless you're in stilettos." -The Beautiful South, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"Forgive me. Let live, me." - Antony and the Johnsons 2005[/size]
    [SIZE="1"]"We walk amoung you..." TransAmerica, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=3]THREAD SUCCESSFULLY HIJACKED[/size]

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KathrynW
    Geeeesh, Marina...
    You're really into this whole "dressing young boys" thing, aren't you? You're the one who posted that fantasy about the boys being dressed up as flower girls, etc.
    What next?
    I didnt mention "young boys", nor did I mean it--The question was inspired by Father/son CDers that were mentioned and suggested on another thread.
    It occured to me that the dynamic would be very interesting with a mother/ son situation--something I hadnt heard of.

BTW, I Did find the bridesmaid (Not flower girls) thing an interesting fluke. likely only a boy could have pulled it off, rather than a grown man. That it actually MIGHT have happened is intriguing---one of those odd events that generate many questions.--this event happened to be CD related.

BTW, I Did find the bridesmaid (Not flower girls) thing an interesting fluke. likely only a boy could have pulled it off, rather than a grown man. That it actually MIGHT have happened is intriguing---one of those odd events that generate many questions.--this event happened to be CD related.
    Well yeah, I admit it is intriguing...
    I can recall a number of "mother turns unruly son into well behaved daughter" scenarios but they've all been stories from fictionmania or storysite or from that petticoat discipline site. I just don't think this kind of thing happens in real life nowadays, forced or un-forced feminization of sons by Mothers. Or, if it does...it's not something that ever gets talked about.

Hi Marina,

I am a member of the Denver Tri-Ess chapter and we have a mother that supports her son by coming to the meetings with him.
    Kayla Horn

When I was a young teen i got into trouble for stealing my mom's lingerie. I got one heck of a spanking for it, but then my mom sat down with me and we had a talk. She didn't exactly support me to the extent of dressing me up and taking me shopping for lingerie and dresses, but we did come to an understanding where she allowed me to give her some of my paper route money to buy me lingerie, and a couple of skirts. I was allowed to wear them after school and on weekends.
    Last edited by Jeri; 12-23-2005 at 12:00 AM.

Banned Read only
    Whilst my Mother neither encouraged nor discouraged my crossdressing she accepted it.
    When I was a child she was fine with me wearing my sisters skirts and dresses.
    I can remember being in tears as she tried to explain why I couldn't wear a dress to school.
    The only female item I can remember her buying me was panties. I kept a large wardrobe of clothes at her house for years, and I've fond memories of many wonderful weekends we spent as "Mother and daughter".

Love Angela XX
    Last edited by Angela Burke; 12-23-2005 at 02:48 AM.

I have chatted with a mother in Ontario who got her son into crossdressing to solve some sort of sexual disfunction? And she does support him.

As far as look alike contests, great idea and sign me up. I look so much like my mother did when she was younger its scarry!! Or maybe it's just in my genes! or jeans? Always get those two confused. hehehe

love Karren

mother and "son" relationship

Currently I am getting out of the military. My mom just bought me a new dress, panties, and bra set this christmas. She knows I what to be a women and tells me to go on ahead and start hormones and she calls me the perfect little girl. For years I dressed in womens clothes and mom has been supportive. She has always wanted a daughter. The fact is she never show me as male. During the holidays I would help mom in the kitchen while the other male watch sports. As far as I remember I would stay there and gasp with the women. (I was not forced) My closet had almost nothing but dresses in it growing up (mothers). She thought it was cute I wanted to be a mother and not a father.

Read a case histore

Saw a case history in an academic publication where a young boy's aunt, she had always wanted a girl, had him live as a girl during the summers she stayed with her. She is now a TS. Sounded like something straight out of fictionmania but it was true. I found it in a college library when I was eighteen and I have dreamed of being that kid many times.
    Hugs, Christine
    Just the Girl Next Door
    my ad V
    V

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrissiej

Smile mother-son

My story is a lot like trisha_anne's in that my mom and I became closer after I came out than before.Now when she comes out to visit I can be myself, totally comfortable in whatever i may be wearing and she is also quite comfortable with me.
    She is a bit more cautious when I travel to her province where I grew up as she doesn't want to have to deal with the repercusions from her friends and neighbour's if they should find out.
    I understand that and respect her wishes.

Supportive Moms

I can't say for certain that my Mother was ever supportive of my need to dress as a girl/woman..,But I just recieved a most curious,if not ambiguous Christmas package. Inside were knee high stockings and a girly type knit stocking cap. Now,make of it what you will.., but it seems as though things have been falling into place lately. And I mean all kinds of acceptance and forebearance on the part of family/friends/public. I think our day has finally dawned for us GIRLS. Oh, Marina, please contact me when you can. I still want to know how things are progressing there in `Ol Miss. I miss Mississippi! Love & kisses,
    [SIZE=4]Darlena
    [/SIZE]

my mom knows all of it.... she's even given me a few girly items in private..... we have never really sat down and talked face to face but yeah she knows
    [SIZE="4"]Body of a man, mind of a woman...strength and intelligence...not good enough though[/SIZE]

*~Girl At Heart~*

Hi to all.. I am 23 and have been dressing up in womens clothes for a couple years now.. My mother doesn't have a clue about this and I really wouldn't want to put that stress on my mom.. my g/f knows i like to wear panties, nylons and stuff but doesn't know that I really enjoy getting fully dressed with makeup and that.

Aspiring Member
    My own mother prefers to ignore such matters and since we are half a planet apart that's quite easy to do. I'm not even sure exactly what or how much she knows about my TGism - though my partner fervently believes she knows quite a lot. My sister discovered me wearing lipstick as a teen and I made a half hearted effort to run away from home. In my early 20s I was silly enough to send a photo of myself dressed though I didn't say it was me.

On supportive mothers, I have corresponded with an English TV whose mother was very supportive even during her formative years.

Fiona xx

My mom knows all about me. We go shopping all the time, she washes both sets of my clothes ( I help out sometimes ) and she let me get a pink bed with lots of cute pillows on it. I would really say it has made us closer. There is a certain resemblance between us, although I look alot more like my step sister than my mother . It's because of her why i'm a lucky girl

my mother was supportive

I have written about this subject several times already. My mother was very supportive and accepting from the time I was 12 going on 13 through my teen years into college, when I went through my first purge and got away from CDing quite so often.
    Through my teen years I was allowed to dress around the house quite often, and by the time I was 15 or 16 I was going out en femme with my mother for shopping/dinner, etc. My mother bought me my own girl clothes, from lingerie and heels to dresses, skirt outfits and accessories. I even had padding and a wig and my own makeup. Most of this was to keep me from wearing and/or wrinkling mom's clothes, I'm sure, and to sort of monitor my dressing to make sure things didn't get out of hand or too far.
    My mother was very similar to Bree on "Desperate Housewives" -- I mean she dressed impeccably, kept a really nice house and cooked amazing meals, but she also worked a full-time job as an office manager for a financial planner. When I was dressed, she expected me to be a proper young lady in both dress and behavior. For me, crossdressing was sort of an escape from being teased for being smart and nerdy in junior high school.
    Nothing was ever forced, everything I did and wore, I did because I wanted to and I liked it. My mother had some rules -- if I wanted to dress it had to be completely from the skin out in girls clothes, and I had to do my makeup, sometimes my nails and I had to style my hair (or wig before my hair got really long)... and I had to act 100 percent female (as much as practical) and she would treat me like her daughter.
    There was a very small circle of GG friends who knew about my "hobby", including my mother's hairdresser, who did many transformations on me as a teenager. I had quite a few "girls-only" experiences as a teenager...
    As far as a mother-son lookalike contest, I know I looked quite like her when she was younger, and now when I dress, I look like she did when she was my age, back when she was letting me dress up.
    There were several things that worked in my favor -- I'm an only child, mom was divorced and it was just the two of us, and I believe my mother missed having a daughter. She had a couple of miscarriages after I was born, so that may have been a factor.
    By the way, my mother would have been a great mom regardless of my crossdressing -- she is just a fantastic person.

Karen
    "Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes..."

My mother has never taken' me out shopping or anything, but that's partly due to me still having a slight male ego. Yet she doesn't care if I dress at all. I came out to her once, layed down the facts, told her cosmic arguments... And she believed me and supported me just fine. If not, you know, whatever? I dont do it to feel good or anything, I just feel it is a part of me and I wear it on and off.

My mother is supportive.

There have been a few mothers on the various TG forums that wanted to be supportive.
    DonnaT

My mom knows I wear panties. She caught me when I was a teen and after a talk, began buying me panties. I branched out into the full wardrobe after I was older andmoved out.

Aspiring Member Christina Nicole's Avatar
    My mother died when I was very young, so our father raised us with some help from our grandparents. I sure wish I grew up in a situation like Karen’s. Of course, with that kind of support and help from an early age, I might have transitioned. ...another interesting idea.

I could not find any scholarly articles as Christine mentioned, probably because I don't have enough information to find the specific item with Google. I don't know how much stuff Google's "Search scholarly papers" has indexed. I did find some stuff about John Money. He was the quack who said that gender is fluid up to 18 months of age and that any boy or girl could be raised as the opposite sex up to 18 months of age. The David Reimer story is probably the most well known refutation of that now discredited theory. I remember when Mr. Reimer went public with his story. It's pretty sad. There is a detailed account on the web somewhere. I didn't know until now that he committed suicide last spring. God rest his soul. The only good thing to come from this is that intersexed people are no longer surgically altered at birth.

There is one other article I found. The NEJM published an article about 16 boys who had a birth defect that was typically "fixed" by neonatally assigning them to female. 14 were reassigned. Only five of those 14 are still living as females. Testing indicates that all 16 have interests and attitudes that are male.

Warm regards,
    Christina Nicole