Thread: Discussing the Unmentionables - No Not My Underwear

Aspiring Member

Discussing the Unmentionables - No Not My Underwear

I recently posted a rather self-deprecating thread that was quickly deleted by the powers that be for being political. As I had no intention of discussing politics, especially of the U.S. variety, (I am Canadian after all), I at first wondered whether those powers that be were attempting to save me from myself. That was unlikely, however, because I was invited to repost my thread after removing all the political stuff. This would be a bit difficult for the following reasons:

-Since the post was removed and I do not save my ramblings anywhere it would require starting over from scratch and I am far too lazy to do that.
    -Even if I had a copy, I am not sure exactly what was political about it other than mentioning some names and some of their more memorable quotes.
    -The issue I was addressing was dependent in large part upon contrasting a crossdressing issue with those quotes.
    -Without the witty utterences that I quoted, my point would fall flat and sound like another of my whiny grumbles about TG and so on.

So what point was I making, you ask? You didn't? Well I'll try to tell you anyway. One of those quotes contained a word that must remain unmentioned as to do so would immediately disclose to most who, when and about what was involved. That word has undergone a gradual metamorphosis over the centuries taking it from meaning a portion of the group to usually the entirety of the group. Doesn't that sound a lot like what has happened in a much shorter period of time to the word transgender? But that was not my point. I was using this comparison, and my reactions to show that I was pedantic.

Perhaps the powers that be confused it with that other despicable group whose name also begins with the letters P E D. However I discussed how and why I had become such a pedant and was quite proud of it. I ended my post with a rather witty comparison of the quotes of two other related notables. One of those quotes was about the most pedantic thing I have ever heard, while the other one was the complete opposite.

Alas and alak, the dear readers of this forum must be deprived of my whimsical musings.

Veronica

There are other orientations that are still abhorrent these days.
    Cross dressing is still in there somewhere.

I have written long diatribes and really have got wound up in what I was writing, only to have it go "poof" into the ether of cyber space.
    To recover it, as it did take half an hour to write, I have then responded by saying.

Good job, well written post and you go for it girl.
    When in doubt, use a smiley.
    Last edited by Beverley Sims; 08-11-2013 at 03:36 PM.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Aspiring Member
    Whimsical: subject to erratic behavior or unpredictable change.

Remember that typed context can often be seen in another light.

Obviously if you had a post deleted it was because it was breaking the rules, no matter how pedantic you think the mods may be, they are going to do their job.

So instead of rambling on about how your feelings were hurt, say what you need to say in a context that doesn't break the rules.

So what exactly is your problem with TG?

-Donni-

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    Veronica;

I've always felt that posting criticisms even as obliquity as this one is bad form. The moderators or "powers that be" provide a free service called www.crossdressers.com. Everyone here will from time to time have a post deleted or modified because it does not meet forum rules or guidelines. It does not mean you are being censored, it mean you have to repackage what you are saying to meet the guidelines.

It's really no issue if you post or you do not, you need to get over the 'sting' of having your post removed, and get on with life. Too times people think they are being singled out, when in fact the moderators do a wonderful job and for free. This is one board that is relatively 'flame' free and has a great atmosphere for the exchange of ideas and opinions, all because of the diligence and quality of the moderators work.

And then to sulk and pack your toys and leave because of one post, it makes me wonder how you handle life ?
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly DeWinter View Post
    I've always felt that posting criticisms even as obliquity as this one is bad form.
    True. It's their house, if you want to come in and play, then you have to abide by the house rules, regardless of how you feel about those rules.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

And this thread has absolutely NOTHING to do with CD'ing, thread closed. Next time you have an issue with something deleted, take it up via PM with the mod who deleted it.

I've just read some of that deleted thread... and you say it wasn't political... I will PM it back to you and re-read what you wrote

AND fyi, I've had my posts moderated, do I spit the dummy.... no...
    Last edited by Tamara Croft; 08-11-2013 at 06:39 PM.
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn