Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Age appropriate dressing

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    Thank Gawd I am not 40 then And people wonder why women lie about heir age? Because some idiot made a "rule" that when you reach X you can't do something anymore. Wouldn't it be great if there was a rule about men not wearing certain things after a certain age????
    Actually, wouldn't it be great if men didn't wear their pants around thighs? Showing their undies to everyone? Yeah, that would be great. Idiots. Don't they know that wearing pants like that is a prison sign? For OPEN? Jeez.
    Change is inevitable...

Quote Originally Posted by daviolin View Post
    When out in public, I think dress for the occasion and appropriate for you age. When at home, you can wear anything your little heart desires. Daviolin
    I agree with Daviolin on this. Also for posting pictures on here or elsewhere, if you have nice legs show them. Jaymee
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    Thank Gawd I am not 40 then And people wonder why women lie about heir age? Because some idiot made a "rule" that when you reach X you can't do something anymore. Wouldn't it be great if there was a rule about men not wearing certain things after a certain age????
    I don't know that it's about rules so much, as someone's poor attempt at defining the line between what most people find attractive, and what most people are turned off with.

For example, there are the People of Walmart pics (that I despise) because they make fun of individuals who dress or appear a certain way. No one deserves to be judged for presenting how they choose to present. But, at the same time, most people will not think that someone who weighs 250 lbs and who wears a mini dress with cutout sides, is presenting in a way to emphasize his or her strong points. There's a difference between saying, as Zylia suggests, that a person is sub-par because they look a certain way and not finding this person's appearance appealing based on having too much body showing if the person is not young and svelte.

So, how does one go about describing this, without a series of pictures? The best way is to come up with a set of general guidelines while at the same time acknowledging they are just general guidelines and not "rules". And then let each individual picture speak for itself.
    Reine

GG
    I like seeing people dressed creatively and am all for wearing a tutu to Dress Barn. (Although I’m not sure which is less likely: me owning a tutu or me shopping at Dress Barn.) Head over to Advanced Style to see some older women rocking some amazing outfits. The young and svelte do not have a monopoly on creative style.

At the same time, people wearing very sexy clothes in public make me a little squeamish. It’s not the length of the skirt vs the attractiveness of the legs, it’s the message of apparently wanting to be seen as a sexual object. If it’s a gg, I feel sorry for her. If it’s a crossdresser, I feel a little embarrassed.

What do you think? At 73 I am not going to dress my age when I can pull off a great looking 60 with a good wig, good clothes, a great pair of heels and a smile. Ruby

I just Love being a Gurl! bobbimo's Avatar
    Actually I really hate this question.
    I have never been this age before, and why would I want to look like all the old Farts anyway.
    And then I have never been a girl this age before either.
    And I enjoy wearing what I want, shorts, mini's, maxis.
    Its all great stuff!
    I do tend to stay away from the **** clothes tho
    Bobbi
    Aint nothin gonna happen that aint supposed too!

I try to wear what is "me appropriate". I think I know what a woman might wear in a certain situation and apply that knowledge to my (ugh) body type, age, etc. I'm not about to wear a mini or super tight anything. My choice. But if someone can carry the look, more power to them. If they look goofy, that's their business. I won't criticize, and I won't compliment either in that case.

Banned Read only
    I've seen many many women who dress in the same manner- yuck! Nothing like seeing a woman with a Body Mass Index of 40 spilling drooping breasts all over the sales counter! Cracks of their asses displayed.

I've seen many pre-teen girls dressed like ****s. I have no idea where they got their sense of style or lack of it.

As to the cross dressers you viewed, maybe they see themselves that way or they are trying to shock the world or maybe they are doing a psychology research study on human behavior.

Sure, those of the general public who want to demonize cross dressers will paint all with the same brush. As a mature person (age wise) I prefer my dresses one or two inches above the knee or mid calf length. I always wear a slip for modesty. And, I always wear clean panties, just in case I get in an accident.

Well I'm bemused by the difference in answers ,I thought this might would set the cat amongst the pidgeons ...the intention of the question posed was not whether to wear a micro mini is acceptable or not but where to wear it
    I am not judging what one wears as we all have a very wide variance of tastes ,if we were all the same it would be a boring old world but more what is acceptable in the public domain

Come on ....bite me

I dress age and situation appropriate. That doesn't mean that I dress frumpily.

For mainstream outings I wear what GGs wear, leaning toward the feminine side. Lately I've been wearing maxi T-shirt dresses, body conscious Capris, modest wedges, etc.

Now, when I go to a TG venue like Hamburger Mary's all the rules go out the window. Hemlines and heels go up!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Banned Read only
    For some reason, when I joined this site, I never received my copy of THE CrossDresser's Handbook. If you got one, [or anyone else can find theirs] what does IT say? ? Where ARE the places it is acceptable to wear one? Anything about the correct hours of the day? Are ALL days of the week OK... or just weekends? Correct length... should be measured... from the crotch down or the knees up? Or both? Is pink allowed on Sunday? OK to match pink with red? Can/should miniskirts be worn with cowboy boots? Or running shoes?

Just seems to me that being concerned about dressing "the right way" could very easily take all the fun out of it?
    Last edited by Wildaboutheels; 08-14-2013 at 01:30 AM.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I do wear minis sometimes but mostly keep it a bit longer.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Aspiring Member
    In America you can wear whatever you want as long as your doodahs are not exposed. People also have a right to comment negatively or positively. However in the USA there is no such thing as a right to not be offended by how people dress just as there is no such thing as a right to not be offended by people making negative comments about how you dress.
    The fact is that most people don't give a @@@@ how you dress or what you think of their wardrobe.
    Having said that I think it is appropriate to put this link here.
    http://www.harpersbazaar.com/fashion...-your-age-0513

How you dress is a totally personal choice. Not just CDers have to consider how they look in what they wear. We have all seen GG who are past their prime wear clothes more suited to much younger girls, but really it is no one business but their own. This is the same for CDers.
    On a personal note I do have feelings of conflict about the type of clothes I like which is designed almost exclusively for very young women or girls for that matter, so I would be a hypocrite to even consider criticizing a person for the style of clothing that makes them feel best.

I am 64 years old.
    My wife says I dress like an androgynous Iowa farm wife.

I am ok with that. At least I get to dress!

did I tell you what happened to me yesterday while I was buying Olga panties at the VF outlet store in Branson yesterday?

Ah, that's for another post!

I am so fortunate to have a partner who accepts me as I am.