Thread: Curious

Curious

I saw this someplace but do not remember where - I read that it was recommended that CDs use French nails. If this is so,why? I would like to use other nail styles but I also want to listen to other ideals that make sense. I have been using French nails exclusively just based on "what I heard" - So is the French style THE recommended style? Is there something about them that works better for us?

Thanks and Hugs...

Kayse

I don't know why that recommendation should only apply to CD's. I always have clear polish (actually a combination of a nail strengthening routine and a clear top coat) for a few years now. I do that because I can justify it to others, and yes, many notice and few ask about it. French nails are almost close to clear nails with naturally whitish tips where the nails extends past the skin and nail contact line. In real life out there, most women have plain no polish nails, or clear nail polish. Colored nail polishes are used a lot, but not by all. Maybe the recommender's think that it is less noticeable than colored nails and I think that is correct. But well done French nails are easily recognized by most women and a lot of men as just another way of polishing one's nails. I will be interested in what others think here. Thanks for asking, now I am curious too.

My SO discovered that wearing bright nail polish (while dressed) drew attention to her hands. Even though he has small hands for a male, s/he felt that her hands still look more male than female, and so s/he decided to wear more neutral nail polish, if any. He does not wear any polish when he is in guy mode.
    Reine

My hands are far from delicate, but I think that colored polish definitely adds a feminine cue to my presentation. Sometimes I'll not have time for polish and I'll go out with just clear on and I do OK htat way too, but heck, I just love the look of polish
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Platinum Member
    It was probably written in an earlier edition of the CD handbook. Later versions have allowed greater flexibility in nail fashions!

I've taken advantage of that. I generally wear oval nails. I have fairly large hands and I feel that the nails add a bit of length to my fingers. I vacillate on color. Today, I picked a color I can best describe as salmon...like a pinkish coral...to go with an outfit.
    Last edited by kimdl93; 08-13-2013 at 07:19 AM.

French nails where a recommendation, not a rule, There are no rules as to what to do with your nails, the shape of your hands and the condition of your nails should be the only gauge you need to go by. Then do what makes you feel good.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

I never received my CD handbook.... so I don't know
    Sometimes I like to dress as Linda Leigh

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

There's a CD handbook?
    Live and let dress.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda Leigh View Post
    I never received my CD handbook.... so I don't know
    Your CD handbook is now in the mail. If it does not arrive in 3 -5 years, please contact us and we will send it again.

Could be the french nails are mentioned because a press-on nail company only seems to make them in that style.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Sounds like pecuniary interests are in operation here.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    It was probably written in an earlier edition of the CD handbook. Later versions have allowed greater flexibility in nail fashions!
    Yep, I recall the 90s edition of the handbook, saying that French nails were "it". Not anymore. Go with what you like, Kayse.