Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Overheard at Nordstrom Rack

Reine, About all I can say is you are one incredible woman. I appreciate all the wisdom you bring in your posts, you are patientt, thoughtful, loving and kind, you truly try to love and understand . I appreciate you!
    Michelle
    Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    If I had been that mother, I would have bought my little boy the shoes of his choice. But I would have cautioned him that the world is not prepared to see little boys wear little girls' things and there is always a risk of being teased by others. But, I live in a small town with a small town mentality. Maybe public schools in larger cities have student bodies that are more accepting of gender variance.

My feet fit better in women's shoes. Among other pairs, I wear a pair of black and pink running shoes everyday for my morning job. I dont feel any discomfort in them. They're wonderful.
    Fairy for Life!

Quote Originally Posted by DonnaWanna View Post
    ...I was in drab wearing large hoop earrings. We were in the next aisle over from where we found them and heard another couple talking. The husband said " Here are the ones you are looking for." The wife commented back "Yes, but that lady there just got the last pair in my size," (referring to me).
    We laughed all the way home.
    There are certain cues that people that immediately tip an observer's gender indicator to "female." Dangling earrings seem to be one of these along with color on the nails. Since a lot of us tend to wear borderline-femme clothes it is no surprise that others misidentify us from behind or afar.

Unfortunately, I have a rather strong masculine cue, my height.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimi View Post
    "Look at all the pretty shoes the girls get to wear! How come the boys don't have all these shoes?" Didn't get a chance to hear the mother's reply.
    I would be super interested to know what that mother said to her little boy! .. assuming she did answer him. I guess we'll never know.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!