Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: is it just me , or do of us girls share alot of the same hobbies ?

Used to race small 100 mph outboard boats won 3rd in 250 cch hydro in 88 at the world championship in Germany, kind of good for a middle class guy from Chicago. now just so addicted to arguing on line in political forums. going to change that addiction into being the perfect crossdesser. I think.

Ballroom dancing, yoga, and playing with makeup...
    Life is an endless struggle full of frustrations and challenges, but eventually you find a hairstylist you like.

Well lets see. I collect diecast model trucks (1500 so far), collect minolta film cameras, have an extensive boot collection, have a good sized raincoat collection, have a vast collection of over 600 music cd's, collect ho scale model trains, and I have a decent selection of womens rubber, leather, and pvc clothes.

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Hobby? What's that? I spend my waking time learning or teaching what I know. If I get fed up with computers, I read books.

Is sleeping a hobby? Is shopping for clothes?

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Sandra sleeping is something I can do well LOL It should be a hobby maybe an Olympic sport!!
    Last edited by Tracii G; 08-15-2013 at 01:11 AM.

I have my own recording studio at my house but work always gets in the way and I do not get to spend as much time there as I used to. I also used to build guitars but have not been able to for a couple of years. I still do repair work for my friends on a guitar....or just about anything that needs to be fixed. There is not much that uses electricity I cannot figure out.
    Last edited by Angela Campbell; 08-15-2013 at 01:29 AM.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

WOW,great thread.I remember posting about hobbies a few years ago too.I like reading about the full spectrum of peoples personality and lives,It gives us a better understanding of each other.

My indoor hobbies are acoustic guitar building(lutherie),holistic health research,healthful eating and all general household repair.I like to go on 48 hour long repairing binges..it's really a lot of fun and a challenge.If people spent more time trying to fix the old junk they had....they'ed learn how not to buy new junk.

Alas some of my hobbies have had to take a backseat to school but they include medieval armor, sword fighting, video games, and reading. Reading is the only one that hasn't taken a backseat. Love to read a wide variety of genres but my favorite is stuff that messes with my head and challenges my perceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Janine cd View Post
    Hi,Markeena!
    We could be sisters. I, too, love restoring old ham radios and trying anything electronic. I,m currently working with a Raspberry Pi computer.
    Well we could be sisters from another mother.lol. Cool stuff I haven't built a computer in awhile. I taught my son to build them and he took some computer courses. So I'm good for now. Ran out of money too and the old radios are getting hard to find for a good price. I have a Hallicrafters TW 500 to do a little work on , it was their answer to the Zenith Transoceanic.

Great thread and talented people here.

Model railways, railroad restoration, photography including aerial filming from quadcopters, blues harp, electronics, music and skiing. It's amazing how many CDers are into some sort of modelling (scale not posing!). As for that water color by Phylis...wow!

Gloria M.

What a fun thread thx Courtney.

I am an old gamer. I remember when my dad brought home my very first game system. Pong! /chuckle. If I'm going to sit down in front of the tube for a couple hours I would much prefer a video game to watching a show.

My real obsession these days is sailing. I'm studying and learning the ways of the sea. I bought a 1965 Islander Bahama 24. Some assembly required. While refitting her has occupied a great deal of time over the past months, I'm not really a do it yourselfer. I understand why so many project boats get sold repeatedly without ever going into the water. It's hard to stay focused. But a few more months of hard work, or maybe nine months at my current pace and we should be ready for a denaming/renaming ceremony

I could use many of you and your skills. I saw woodworkers, mechanics, I bet a couple of you understand 12 volt wiring. I bet there is even a few who could help me rig her. /chuckle. Boat building party at my house your all invited. *thinks she will be shopping for a new swim suit in no time*

Hug
    Rita
    Last edited by Princess Grandpa; 08-15-2013 at 10:04 AM.
    A person should wear what he likes to. And not just what other folks say. A person should be who she likes to. A person's a person that way!
    ~Marlo Thomas~

I guess it shouldn't be surprising how much we have in common. I love woodworking, building anything from wood or metal, love working on old cars ( I've build serveral, currently have a 60 Chevy wagon). I just bought a concrete mixer from Lowes and I'm just as excited about it as any girl thing I've ever got.
    Hugs , Nikki Rich

Dressing up like a girl; board games; dressing up like a girl; Magic: the Gathering; dressing up like.. oh, you got that... ; motorcycling, bicycling, reading (Science fiction and fantasy), movies (SF & F again and action).
    Mina Lost aka Lynda

Wow, what an interesting grouping of hobbies and talents!

I have been very active in historical reenacting for over 35 years. I have done Civil War, and still do WW I and WW II. I have even restored a WW II Jeep. Being on the lees active side now, I am getting back to model railroading. I am an avid walker, reader and traveler and I have hiked and camped in over 40 of our states. Right now, travel has become a yearly adventure with many foreign countries being checked off the list.

OH, did I say my femme side!
    Sarah Adams, mature girl from NH. My photos are on Flickr under vintage4sarah !

Interest and hobbies, not in order:
    ham radio
    electric heli
    computers
    ancestry research, my family
    oh, sleeping is something I do too and not just at night
    Margo

Banned Spammer
    Love the reenactment themes I go to a few Civil War reenactments each year and its fun to watch.
    Went to my first Ren Faire this year and I'm deff going to dress up for the next one.
    Reliving times in history is very exciting.

Tracii, love the guitars. I've never built one but would love to build me a Rosewood Tele with a humbucker in the rhythm pos. And dressing up for the Ren. Fair....oh my, that would be a treat. Perhaps a busty tavern winch. So many talented folks replying to this cool thread.
    Regina

Platinum Member
    [QUOTE=Princess Grandpa;

I could use many of you and your skills. I saw woodworkers, mechanics, I bet a couple of you understand 12 volt wiring.

Hug
    Rita[/QUOTE]

Hi Rita, In my past life I was an automotive electrician and I've held a master electricians license for over forty years.
    maybe I could answer a question or two for you.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Thanks Orchid. When I'm ready to attack that portion I will hit you up. I have a book to try and get some basics under my belt. Right at the moment i am prepping the deck. Then we paint the non skid and start putting her back together. * he says optomistically *

Hug
    Rita
    A person should wear what he likes to. And not just what other folks say. A person should be who she likes to. A person's a person that way!
    ~Marlo Thomas~

Gold Member
    Wood working, sailing an Inland Scow, Railroads and dressing
    Rader

Banned Read only
    I love playing my guitar and singing, I do that about every other day it is so stress relieving. Plus I love to do oil paintings on canvas of landscapes, and animals. I love to see one of my paintings unfold as I use no model to go by, just what I see in my head. I used to like to go fishing, but nowadays I don't think I could stand to touch those icky worms. But back to the paintings, a lot of them hang on the walls in our house.
    Last edited by Tara D. Rose; 08-17-2013 at 07:14 AM.

Banned Spammer
    Painting on canvas is fun just getting an idea is the hard part.
    I do some airbrush work from time to time but its soo easy to mess up and hard to cover up the mess.
    Photography is something I would like to get into sometime down the road.

I was really surprised to see how many "girls" here are into cars. I am also a "car person". I love high-performance Mustangs. I've always had one. Ever since I was 16 years old (about 30 consecutive years), there hasn't been one day that I DIDN'T own a high-performance Mustang.

I also love science-fiction.

I love progressive rock and heavy metal music.

For many years, I've always known that crossdressers were into science-fiction and heavy metal music. Those interests seem to be (genetically?) linked to crossdressing. But the interest in cars was a surprise.

Im into online beauty shopping at Victoria Secret

Heavy Metal for me isn't so much a hobby as a whole way of life \m/ I'm mainly into Thrash Metal, Black Metal and Doom Metal but I love pretty much all of it as well as most similar forms of rock and some other genres such as Drum n Bass, Industrial, Aggrotech and some experimental music. As a result I also play bass and 'sing' in a Black Metal band and have dabbled in guitar and keyboards before. I'm also really into art and am studying Illustration at University, my main interest being a combination of fine art painting and comic books. Sci-fi and particularly Horror stories and films are also things I'm really into
    Bi-Gendered, Goth/Metal Fan, Atheist, Artist and British