Thread: Oh Boy! Only a few more days till school starts.

Oh Boy! Only a few more days till school starts.

I see by my calendar that the start of school is only about ten days off – school starts here on August 26th. I feel a bit like I did as a kid when Christmas was getting close. It’s getting more difficult with each passing day to not shed my male persona and get into my female mode. I go to the closet to get a shirt and what do I see, my pretty blouses hanging there. Go to the dresser drawer for a pair of boxer shorts and there are my panties all folded nicely and my bras. Open one side of the bathroom cabinet and there sits all my makeup – I sure do miss wearing lipstick.

Now I love my two granddaughters but I will be more than glad to see them start back to school, I’ll be ecstatic! Never thought that I’d be playing ersatz dad at my age but here I am as the predominant male in their lives. Their Father restricts his fatherly duties to a Skype call once or twice a month and a couple visits per year. He is $75,000.00+ behind in child support and the State revoked his driver’s license, not that that stopped him from driving.

I think next week I might go shopping and pick up a few clothing items for Babs, at the very least some new makeup and a new pair of earrings.

I sure never looked forward like this to the start of school when I was young, I always wanted summer to never end.
    Babs

Platinum Member
    wow, life does throw some curves at us. Your granddaughters are lucky to have you in their lives, regardless of how you choose to dress. But that's your choice to make. As for the deadbeat dad, its a shame he doesn't realize how much he's missing and what a senseless hole he's put in these girls lives.

Well it will probably be with mixed feelings.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

As a school employee, I hate the beginning of school. It signals another 10 months before I can lounge in my "pj's".

Gee Marlana, can’t you lounge after school and on weekends? I know a high school history teacher who manages to find time to indulge in dressing during the school year. For me the summer has meant that I had a seven and an eight year old around the house literally whenever I was also home. There were very few respites and the few there were didn’t afford an opportunity to dress.
    Babs

Platinum Member
    Hi Barb, That's what is great about grandkids you can give them back.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

You’re a really good person to step up like that for your grandchildren. Enjoy your free time when you get it.

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    Hi Barb.
    First off good for you for stepping up and providing a male role model for your granddaughters.

Second I feel your pain. I have been divorced for almost 14 yrs. When we seperated I thought, great now it is my time to explore. Wrong. I had my children every weekend and most all summers. Dont get me wrong I love my kids but it is very difficult to have to hide my life from them. So after my daughter graduated high school she decided to move in by me. Well there went any little personal time I had left. So, today is the day. Its 5am, the trailer is packed and in the driveway and in an hour we will be leaving to move her 4 hrs away for college. Mixed feelings. Sad to see her move, hard to see your little girl grow up and move away, but its that sigh of relief that maybe its time for me to be me a little bit again.
    Anyone else feel this way?
    Erica