Thread: New Study: Females Prefer Crossdressers!

New Study: Females Prefer Crossdressers!

Cuttlefish that is.

Sitting with the family watching Nova (science show here in the US) about the cuttlefish. Yes, my life IS that glamorous and exciting! Anyway, they get to the discussion of mating and how a single female cuttlefish will draw about ten or more large males that hover over her and basically fight with each other in order to mate with her. But(!!!) here is where it gets interesting.

There is a smaller male that changes its exterior appearance to that of a female. “She” glides past the typical male idiots fighting with each other, sidles up to the female, and l’amour! The best part is that the scientists have tested cuttlefish DNA and determined that the females mate more often with the crossdressers and seem to actually prefer them! Hypothesis is that female cuttlefish figure the crossdressing males are way smarter and trickier than the larger idiots.

I’ve been saying that for years. . .
    Debby

Thanks for the info. Now, I just wish that I could hold my breath long enough to ....... Hmmmmm????

Now we just need to find a way to work that into a typical conversation without sounding as weird as Cliff Clayvin

The next time while diving and I see a cuttlefish, got it made!

Platinum Member
    Hey, I love Nova! And I saw that episode. Cuttlefish are remarkably advance, aren't they!

LOL!

There are other examples like this in the animal kingdom, can't think of them right now? ( Some wild dogs?? )

It's a tactic that confers an advantage to the "crossdressing" male cuttlefish, so it tends to be selected for. I don't think it means the female "prefers" the feminine looking one, but it gets him more chances to get close, so...

Of course, there are more than a few members on here who have found the same thing, and had success with a female because she let him close, and then, "Wow! You're a guy!?"
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

Gold Member
    That is Great News; Now lets make a new Law..... Like we need more Laws,
    that all women should date a cross dressed first, then realize how much better it
    is than dating a non dresser.
    Rader

And I go for the survey that says chocolate is not fattening.
    Eat more chocolate and cuttlefish.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

It happens elsewhere, inferior males who sneak in while the other males are fighting each other. It's "make love not war" for them. Monkeys and deer, and I'm sure there are others.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    It happens elsewhere, inferior males who sneak in while the other males are fighting each other. It's "make love not war" for them. Monkeys and deer, and I'm sure there are others.
    I'm not inferior! I'm just different!
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

Oh that is so cool. I've also heard the sea dragon can change its sex entirely.Between the two you have mans cdtg link to nature.

Too bad it has to be such an, uh, unattractive animal. Lipstick and high heels wouldn't be enough to make that thing sexually desirable.

- Diane

Please pick up a copy of "Evolution's Rainbow: Diversity, Gender, and Sexuality in Nature and People", by Joan Roughgarden. You will be floored by how many species "change sex", "crossdress" or exhibit more than 2 genders in nature. Fascinating reading.
    When the answers escape us when we start to fade
    Remember who loved you and the ones who have stayed
    Cause my body will fail, but my soul will go on
    So don't you get lonely I'm right where you are

You mean I wasn't born the wrong gender, I was born the wrong species?
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.