Thread: Slips, Slips, and More Slips Questions!

Bra Lover

Slips, Slips, and More Slips Questions!

I have a slip question. Should slips be the entire length of your dress or can they be shorter? What exactly is the purpose of a slip? Do you need a bra if wearing one of those full body slips with the straps?

Sarah

Muffles

Red face A hesitant reply ................

from a guy guy (Gawd I hate that handle) and I've got no doubt I'll be shot down in flames by the ladies ......but to me a slip should be the same length as the dress.....I think there is nothing worse than seeing a full length dress worn with a knee length slip.......*waits to be taken out*

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah38b
    I have a slip question. Should slips be the entire length of your dress or can they be shorter? What exactly is the purpose of a slip? Do you need a bra if wearing one of those full body slips with the straps?

Sarah

Aspiring Member

The slip

The slip is to be shorter then the dress it is underwaer to be worn instead of the bra it should have this already mmost of them will have this and it is very pretty and feels very nice underneath your dress and or skirts males should be able to wear theses as well it sure does beat male t shirts etc et all. I vote for them myself I have wron them on occasion and trhey feel very nice much better then any male underwear ever could!.

Quote Originally Posted by eleventhdr
    The slip is to be shorter then the dress it is underwaer to be worn instead of the bra it should have this already mmost of them will have this and it is very pretty and feels very nice underneath your dress and or skirts males should be able to wear theses as well it sure does beat male t shirts etc et all. I vote for them myself I have wron them on occasion and trhey feel very nice much better then any male underwear ever could!.
    I agree. The slip should be 4-6 inches shorter than the dress. This ensures that the slip won't show benaeth the dress hemline.

I also agree that males should be able to wear them. I like to wear a half slip or camisole under my guy shirts. They feel so much better that t-shirts.

LoL, Lawren

Thumbs up Full Slips ! ! !

[size=3]Finally... a discussion on slips!!! [/size]

Being a slip "fanatic" (not fetish!)... having over 20 full slips and countless half-slips and camisoles... I may be able to bring some light to this topic.

The original purpose of a slip was to keep the outer material from touching your skin, being that it is easier to launder the slip than to clean the outer garment. This is true today, as well, but the slip also functions as a liner for dresses or skirts that are more transparent... to avoid "see-thru". Slips with a slick finish, such as silk, nylon or satin, are used to keep the dress or skirt from bunching up and ensuring that it drapes properly on the body.

A full slip can be worn with or without a bra. When my breast forms are attached, I usually don't wear a bra and it looks wonderful. After all, lingerie is designed to be seen by one's significant other as well as to make the wearer feel attractive. If you do wear a bra, it should match the slip or be a little darker or a neutral color.

As a side note, try to avoid buying white slips and white lingerie in general. Buy neutral colors if possible as they are less noticeable under your outfit. Even if you want your bra or slip to show under a thin blouse, match the color or go slightly lighter or a bit darker... not black or white. Black lingerie should be used with very dark colors only.

My feeling about the length of the slip is that it should be two inches shorter then the dress or skirt so that it doesn't show and should be the same color or darker. If it does show for some reason, it will be less noticeable. Sometimes, it is acceptable for the slip to show, usually at the back vent but the slip should also have a back slit that is lined up with the skirt. If you do not have a slip that matches your skirt, it is better to be a little shorter and above any walking vents.

There are always exceptions to the above but these are the basic rules.

Nothing makes me feel more wonderful than when I am wearing a beautiful, fitted, full slip ! ! !
    [size=3]---Jen---------[/size]

carolynhcd

Jen, you are bang on girl. A wonderful, succinct and accurate dissertation on the function and wearing of slips. I thought I perceived a misconception in an earlier post. A half slip is worn from the waist down. A camisole is in effect the upper half of a slip, complemented by a half slip. A chemise is a longer camisole and can function as a slip with particularly short skirts and dresses. Jen, do you agree?

Slips, Slips, and more Slips questions!

Why wear an expensive slip, with beautiful deep lace hem, and not reveal a little? Seems silly to me! I know it should not show when erect (Oops, didn't mean THAT!) but when sitting even the most elegant lady may reveal a little.

I always delighted in getting a glimpse of a lady's slip, even in my most hetero days - now I delight in showing a hint when I sit. It emphasises the feminine picture ... my SO agrees - and that's a definite come-on to me!

Oops!

I got my underwear in the wrong place there, didn't I? How foolish can a girl feel?

LoL, Lawren

Quote Originally Posted by carolynhcd
    A half slip is worn from the waist down. A camisole is in effect the upper half of a slip, complemented by a half slip. A chemise is a longer camisole and can function as a slip with particularly short skirts and dresses. Jen, do you agree?
    [size=3]Carolyn...[/size]
    [size=3][/size]
    [size=3]Absolutely!!! You get an A+ in Lingerie! [/size]
    [size=3]---Jen--------[/size]

Thumbs up Your slip is showing!

Quote Originally Posted by flicka
    Why wear an expensive slip, with beautiful deep lace hem, and not reveal a little? Seems silly to me! I know it should not show when erect (Oops, didn't mean THAT!) but when sitting even the most elegant lady may reveal a little.
    [size=3]Flicka...[/size]
    You are a funny girl ! ! !

I agree that a fine slip should not be hidden and a hint of lace is as erotic as anything. Women have finally gotten wise to that and show more of the top lace, also. But, last week I saw a woman wearing a calf-length skirt and two inches of her white slip was hanging out the bottom... like the elastic had given out! Not attractive!!! I was tempted to say, Your slip is showing... but I didn't. But I really, really wanted too!!!

Exclamation Re: Oops !

Quote Originally Posted by Lawren
    I got my underwear in the wrong place there, didn't I? How foolish can a girl feel?

LoL, Lawren
    [size=3]Lawren...[/size]
    <Laughing...> It took me a while to figure out how you got your underwear in the wrong place... ("I like to wear a half slip or camisole under my guy shirts.") ...but finally got it! Now, having said that, in the summer, when it's too hot to dress completely or when I get out of the shower, I have worn a half slip up under my arms... sort of like a sarong or a modified Muumuu! A new use for those slips with the stretched out elastic!

Recycling is a good thing!!!

Conservative Crossdresser Felicity's Avatar
    The purpose of wearing a sexi slip vs. a plain one is like why wear a teddy? Wouldn't you rather be undressed by someone on an enexpected encounter and be wearing something sexi already?

At least thats part of the reason real women do. Another reason is just knowing you are wearing something sexi, weather ever seen or not.

Jen

Quote Originally Posted by Jen_TGCD
    [size=3]Lawren...[/size]
    <Laughing...> It took me a while to figure out how you got your underwear in the wrong place... ("I like to wear a half slip or camisole under my guy shirts.") ...but finally got it! Now, having said that, in the summer, when it's too hot to dress completely or when I get out of the shower, I have worn a half slip up under my arms... sort of like a sarong or a modified Muumuu! A new use for those slips with the stretched out elastic!

Recycling is a good thing!!!
    I'm laughing too. I must have been thinking one thing and typing another. I'll admit that there are things about ladies clothes that I don't know yet but I'm not quite that ignorant. I'll just be the laughing stock of the forum for a while so "I'll laugh with the best and ignore the rest".

LoL, Lawren

If we can't laugh at ourselves we shouldn't laugh at others.