Thread: Loving Life as a Woman

Loving Life as a Woman

Oh don't get me wrong. I've got many challenges and obstacles to overcome. They are a daily occurrence. Whether a man, woman, child, transsexual, homosexual, heterosexual, or anything not mentioned - we all have to deal with unwanted situations that cause us grief, pain, anxiety.... Up until a couple of years ago, I loved my life as a man. I accepted challenges and succeeded. Once my marriage failed, I was lost...a failure... wanted to die. I struggled to find a purpose. As much as I tried, I could not find fulfillment, until I decided not to fight myself any longer. I decided to embrace the woman inside and let her out. Little did I know, how much of a woman I would become - and so fast. That was October 30th, 2012. By February, 2013 I knew what I had to do.

I've been on HRT for over 4 months. May 2nd was my last day as a man. However, I presented as a man one last time for a few hours on July 7th for my grandson's 5th birthday. I really was happy to be there, but was saddened that I couldn't be the real me. I cried for an hour before I had to dress as the father, grandfather, son, brother and uncle my family expected to see. I put on a good facade during the party, but most could see that I wasn't quite right. Other than seeing the joy on my grandson's face enjoying his birthday, the one highlight was when my mom greeted me with a hug and whispered in my ear, "I still see Anne." After the party I said my goodbyes and went to my sister-in-law's house to get out of that man suit. I had to drive 200 miles back home and cried most of the way. I felt like I betrayed myself. Even though I told my family I would present whichever way they felt most comfortable, I can't do it again.

Now for my work. Work challenges don't appear to be because I'm transitioning. They are because I work with idiots. Now that I'm more comfortable at work, I'm able to stand up for what's right. But, that comes with a cost. It puts a bigger target on my back. I already had a target on my back because I'm a 6'4" transsexual woman. Now that I'm challenging supervisors' stupid decisions, I'm being looked at under a microscope. I have to account for minute of work and report it to my supervisor daily. I can't be even a minute late from lunch or I get talked to. Even though I had a pre-existing irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), I received an official counseling that my bathroom visits are "excessive" even though "they don't appear to be negatively affecting my work performance." The reason I'm not crying "discrimination" is because they are creating a stressful work environment for everyone, not just me. As a matter of fact, a co-worker and friend died last week at home due to unknown causes. We believe it was stress induced. Autopsy results will not be known for a while because there is no sign of foul play or suicide. Supervision did little to help us cope with the loss (no grief counseling). I'm too angry to grieve right now anyway. Nevertheless, I and other co-workers believe I'm getting the brunt of the heat. So, we're compiling notes and going to report it to the Union.

These are some pretty big challenges, and could cause anxiety and depression. And yes, I feel anxious and depressed at times. But then I realize all the good things happening. I'm finally living the life I've only dreamed possible. I have more friends than I have ever had before. I'm comfortable in my own skin (although there are many modifications needed to be where I really want to be). I'm emotionally stronger than I have been in years. And I'm being treated like a woman everywhere and go. Most everyone I meet truly believes I'm a tall, somewhat masculine woman.

I thank God every day for giving me these blessings and stay strong in the belief that these challenges are there to make me stronger, build character, and be a positive testimony to others that may one day face similar challenges. So, as a man, I was a good strong person. But as a woman, I'm stronger, more likeable, and.....prettier...at least I feel prettier
    Living and Loving in God's Grace,
    Anne

Sounds like you're doing everything right! Except maybe that "confronting supervisors" part .
    Ali Edwards

Transgender Science ~ Blogging with WrodPress ~ Tweeting on Twitter

"I am half-sick of shadows," said / The Lady of Shalott.

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Anne, I am glad you have your own internal peace with your brave decision to be true to yourself. Yes, grandsons will make us do things that would never get a thought about for others. This was just a big bump on your road, there will be others, but I see a resolve in your writing that tells me you will get over them just fine.

And every day as a woman you get prettier and prettier.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

You make all of us proud to be what and who we are. Seeing a success really makes my day!
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by AnneB1nderful View Post
    But as a woman, I'm stronger, more likeable, and.....prettier...at least I feel prettier
    I'm very happy for you Anne. Kudos to you Kiddo.

Every day I face obstacles, but every day I know I would rather face them as a woman than my former self. Just comes with the territory. Despite WTF moments, I would never go back.
    You sound like you've got your head right. Congrats. Your birthday story brought tears, cause I've done just that, for my own birthday! Guy mode sucks.

Aspiring Member

These are some pretty big challenges, and could cause anxiety and depression. And yes, I feel anxious and depressed at times. But then I realize all the good things happening. I'm finally living the life I've only dreamed possible. I have more friends than I have ever had before. I'm comfortable in my own skin (although there are many modifications needed to be where I really want to be). I'm emotionally stronger than I have been in years. And I'm being treated like a woman everywhere and go. Most everyone I meet truly believes I'm a tall, somewhat masculine woman.
    Your whole post was great to read (despite the birthday and work challenges) but this paragraph stood out the most and gives me hope. It makes me happy to hear about the positive changes in your life and I hope they continue!

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    So happy for you, Anne, that you've found the real you. As for that work garbage - don't let the ba$tard$ get you down. I'm all too familiar with employers on power trips who choose to worry themselves with BS that they chase away the people responsible for their success. Companies run by morons don't deserve to have talented employees and it will be their loss when you move on to bigger and better things

Anne
    good to hear from you girl, your living our dream!
    Carpe Noctem

Cheyenne Hyde

"You may never exceed, your own expectations, of yourself"

http://s46.photobucket.com/user/MsHyde2u/library/
    (the password is feminine)

HOPE.. That is what Dream_girl called it. I couldn't agree more. As I am just beginning this journey to outward appearances of womanhood I need all the hope I can get. By your post today you have helped with that. I really want to thank you for posting this as my struggles will be with me wife, children and grandchildren. I love them more than anything and I know as I progress this will be the hardest struggle of all. But.. you give me HOPE.

As to the work environment those challenges never seem to go away, whether you are male or female, transsexual, gay or whatever those are there and you are right in compiling your notes and taking it that route. Go get em girl!!!

I am going to follow your posts and hope to hear more about your life as it is changing to your true self. I intend to use your example as my strength through all of this trials that come ahead for me.
    Sara

Platinum Member
    You've come a long way in a short time. And you seem to have a pretty good sense of yourself.

Sorry bout the last obligatory outing as a male. At least you got another smile from your grandson. And sorry you have what's becoming a hostile work environment. Not something anyone cares to b subjected to.

Thanks for all your kind posts. Wish I had more time to be on this site. But, I've got lots going on: work; home; open myself up for dating, and volunteering in the community.
    Anne

Aspiring Member
    at least I feel prettier
    Anne,
    I barely recognized your avatar picture, you have indeed turned into a beautiful lady. Congrats on a wonderful transition.

My first reaction was that girl looks like Stana Katic.
    Last edited by Sheren Kelly; 09-09-2013 at 08:05 PM.
    Warmly,
    Sheren Kelly

Doesn't it feel awesome! You are blossoming and becoming a very pretty lady. 6'4" is tall! I thought I had it bad at 5'11". You give me courage. I too have been in full-time transition, but it's been 16 months for me. I can't believe it's been that long! OMG! Anyway; look forward to watching your body change as you continue to progress on HRT. It's soooooo cool! I had a wonderful transition on my job (Thank God) and then made mistakes that cost me and I lost it. However; I have been able to be be hired as a woman working for a temp agency (that was cool although the job only lasted two weeks). I was proud of the fact that I was able to aquire a job after being interviewed three times (twice by men, once by a woman in a group interview situation). That gave me confidence that I will find something else again, someday (I hope for my sake it's soon). I've met someone and have a new love in my life, which is really cool (although he is a CD so I sort of get the "best of both worlds" with him). So my transition has gone well too! I can relate to everything you've written (except for the one day as a guy thing, I could never do that and would highly suggest you take steps so that doesn't have to happen to you again). Isn't life as a woman, wonderful!

No matter what life circumstances fall my way, positive or negative; pleasant or unpleasant; good or bad; easy or hard; at the end of the day I get to tell myself (and you now can too) "I'm still a woman!" I experience it all as a woman. That's what counts. Now if I could just get SRS and complete this journey. I'm wondering. Do you want that, too??

Good luck as your transition continues to progress. Hope to read more positive posts. God Bless You!

Paulette

Now for my work. Work challenges don't appear to be because I'm transitioning. They are because I work with idiots. Now that I'm more comfortable at work, I'm able to stand up for what's right. But, that comes with a cost. It puts a bigger target on my back.
    Anne, I have great respect and admiration for your transition and wish you nothing but the best! Your profile pic looks lovely BTW! I also want to say that I have even greater respect for you for standing up for yourself at work. Costly, but sometimes you just HAVE to do it to maintain your self-respect. Better to have a "target on your back" than to be a crawling stooge, IMHO!

Best of luck to you at work, and more importantly, in the REAL world!

Debby
    Debby

congrads anne, as I know what you are saying has been three weeks post for me and I know that I enjoy life as a total woman so much already. I did not think I could feel more womanly than I did just being on hormones and living as a woman but wow what a change. I know the work thing has been pretty good for me but still wonder what is in front when I return after surgery. I hope that you can soon be yourself with all your family soon also. love marianne

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, support and love

Quote Originally Posted by CapHill Kelly View Post
    My first reaction was that girl looks like Stana Katic.
    What a compliment to even be compared to such a beautiful woman. I love Castle

Quote Originally Posted by FurPus63 View Post
    Isn't life as a woman, wonderful!.......No matter what life circumstances fall my way, positive or negative; pleasant or unpleasant; good or bad; easy or hard; at the end of the day I get to tell myself (and you now can too) "I'm still a woman!" I experience it all as a woman. That's what counts.
    I say that to myself every day!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Debglam View Post
    ...I have even greater respect for you for standing up for yourself at work. Costly, but sometimes you just HAVE to do it to maintain your self-respect. Better to have a "target on your back" than to be a crawling stooge, IMHO!
    Well put.

Quote Originally Posted by groove67 View Post
    I hope that you can soon be yourself with all your family soon also.
    I believe it will. Need need to continually show love and have patience.
    Anne