Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Didn't know what to say.

Didn't know what to say.

Last week my wife and I went to a outlet mall and I bought a polka dot skirt, when I came home to try it on it was to big so I told my wife that I was going to throw it out and after all we only paid it five dollars. Tonight she came home from work, she walked in with her dry cleaning in her hand, she reached in the dry cleaning bag and she threw the polka dot skirt at me. I asked her what she was still doing with this skirt. She told me she had it taken in and to try it on and see if it fits. I stood there stunned didn't know what to say, it was almost like it was the best thing anyone has ever did for me. I asked why she did it, she told me she seen how disappointed I was when it didn't fit so she had it fixed for me. I was still standing there with the skirt in my hand almost like a feeling to cry, and looking at her like I don't deserve to have this thoughtful women in my life, and thinking back about thirty years and how impossible i thought this moment would ever had been. I looked at her and to her it was like she didn't do anything and kept asking me to try it on. I tried it on and it fit perfect, I thanked her again and she said I don't know why I was making a big deal she only paid five dollars to get it fixed. I told her it's not that is was only five dollars, it was the thought that she did this for me. I don't know why but as I am sitting here wearing my new skirt and writing this and I feel so emotional, and still in a little disbelief that she would do something so kind like this for me. I don't know why I am feeling this way I should be feeling so happy. I had to share this with my friends here, thanks for listening.

Small town in western Kansas middle of nowhere
    What a wonderful sweet gesture on your wifes part. You should fell happy, I hope that you are because that is just a wonderful moment of validation in your relationship. We need to savor those.
    "It takes all kinds of kinds" Miranda Lambert
    Now some point a finger and let ignorance linger
    If they'd look in the mirror they'd find.
    That ever since the beginning to keep the world spinning
    It takes all kinds of kinds.

Awwwww that's one of the most beautiful things I've heard. I'm so happy for you two. You're the perfect couple ^.^ I really hope to have a wife one day who can be as supportive of me as that. You treat her well, and return the favour when you can!

Awesome! These are the kind of stories I love to hear!

What a sweet woman your wife must be.

Such an awesome story! Gives me hope that perhaps I'll find a girl that amazing one day!
    Finally decided on a name! Lindsey

"Let us step into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure."
    J.K. Rowling

Such a nice story

DDee

Spouse's are the nicest people. Your wife shows why.
    Marcia (LOVES) Blue

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    She sure sounds like a wonderful wife. Lucky you sweetie.

wow, great story!! sounds like the true definition of love to me...
    you are very lucky to have such a wonderful partner in your life!
    paula

Queen of the Faery Realms Bethany_Anne_Fae's Avatar
    I LOVE it when posts like this one hit our boards The positive stuff is out there and it feels good to read about it

*hugs*
    Bethany
    (Formerly known everywhere as Lady Zarabeth

Platinum Member
    Spyware that feeling with her.

What a beautiful thing! Brought a tear to my eye. Thank you for sharing his with us!

Hug
    Rita
    A person should wear what he likes to. And not just what other folks say. A person should be who she likes to. A person's a person that way!
    ~Marlo Thomas~

Maria, you have a wonderful wife! Please give her a kiss for me!

Maria, Your wife is super awesome
    !! Please treat her super nicely!
    Beth
    Oh, how I wish....

What a beautiful wife!

Very nice gesture

What a wonderful wife. You need to make sure she understands how wonderful she is.

You have a great wife. My wife buys me clothes but im not sure she would get something altered for me.

So sweet! I have had those kind of moments with my wife. I find myself more touched than I have ever been in my life. Your story is so encouraging!
    Suzanne

What a lovely gesture! And she knew your size and shape - what a darling. Please show her just how much you love her.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

GG
    Funny, and I'm here thinking 'what a sweet husband for making such a big deal over something so small.'

I struggle endlessly with this CD issue, largely because I can't find a good side to my H's 'hobby', and then I read here and realise he too is an incredibly grateful, appreciate partner. All day, everyday my friends complain about husbands who are hardly home, never engage the kids, indulge their own hobbies (sports, drinking, cars), and are generally useless, self-centred partners. I currently have two friends leaving marriages to men exactly like this. They bend and twist their lives to accommodate their husband's needs and this still isn't enough. (One literally used to take her children to visit family overseas so hubby would have more time to do his thing!)

And here a husband cries because his wife has a skirt altered?

Maybe there's more positives to this CD issue than I realized.

I think share these emotions with your wife and show that you really care.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Maria, you owe her one!

Deedee
    It's not wrong... but it is forbidden!

You have a great wife. Be sure and tell and show her how much you love her.

My wife and I shop together and she will pick out things for me. Yesterday we were shopping and I noticed a cute dress. I pointed it out to her and she liked it as well. When we got home, she tried it on, then I tried it on. It fit both of us. I left it on the bed and she hung it up on my side of the closet. I love her.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda