Thread: Hot flushes

Playboy girl at heart Bunny Girl Zoe's Avatar

Hot flushes

Been on hrt around 7 months and get hot flushes anyone else get this.
    Come join me on facebook

I did the first month but not since then.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Yes, I had one the first month but not since then, but then I am only in my third month on hormones.

I had them the first month, then very sporadically after. My endo says it's just a long series of reactions to your body thinking it's being invaded by estrogen.

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    The very first time I put on a patch I had a big rush. Then, one other time about 2 years later, after I had not used any patches for more than 3 weeks, I got a fairly small rush. That's the closest I have had to hot flashes.

Unlike most people, from day to day (or even week to week), I barely notice if I have a patch on or not.

I have been on HRT for almost two weeks and so far I have had two hot flushes. I was warned that these could be bad for the first month or so as the body gets use to the estrogen.

Young Senior Citizen Elsa Larson's Avatar
    I'm not yet on estrogen but hot flushes started about 2 months after my orchiectomy.
    What's between your legs and what you like to do with it is your business, not mine. Please give me the same courtesy.
    Everyone who refers to sexuality as a preference reveals their own bisexuality.
    I hope to live long enough to see a time when one's sexuality or gender identity is no more important than one's religion or politics.
    DO link up with your local support group. It's an easy way to meet similar people, help others, educate the public and be part of the political process.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tallelsa/

Mine started in the first week and lasted about a month.
    Always remimber life is what you make it.
    So make it Beautiful.

Love Ashley Dawn
    http://m.facebook.com/?_rdr#!/ashley...00004093583692

i never really had this problem but I've heard of others who have so I don't think it's abnormal. I did experience them once right after I had FFS. I believe it was the change in E not the E it's self.

I have also been on hormones for 7 months but have not experienced any hot flashed, thank heavens....

Silver Member
    The first few months after starting hrt after I would take my shot I would get them - they could be pretty intense

none after that though
    Last edited by arbon; 08-25-2013 at 10:23 PM.

Hmmmm..... Not sure. A little over a month. And there are times when I'm simply uncomfortable. Not sure if it's hot flashes and stuff. I'm just uncomfortable. I know my boobs ache. They don't really hurt, just ache... especially the nipples. My BF was fondeling them and THAT hurt. I am getting very emotional, too. I'm thinking it's all in my mind. Maybe, maybe not.
    Change is inevitable...

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny CD View Post
    Not sure if it's hot flashes and stuff. I'm just uncomfortable..
    If you have a hot flash you will know.

They can also come from andropause, as well as Niacin in large doses (as an anti-cholesterol med). There are probably others, which I'll rely on other members to supply.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Amazing Member
    Natal women get hot flashes after menopause, but they usually go away after a while. My friend's mom gets them still though, and she is 97.

Woman and loving it Jennifer Marie P.'s Avatar
    The first two months but after that it calmed down.
    Pinkessence Transliving Urnotalone

A little after a mounth I got one. I was setting on the couch with my wife and I said I think I'm having a hot flash, she just leaned over and touched my sweaty arm and said yes you are and started laughing. Since then I get really worm all over but stop short of breaking out in a sweat.
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom" Anais Nin.

Live, Laugh, and Love Yourself!