Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Someone commented on my legs and not in a good way

I shave whole body except eyebrows, have never received a negative comment yet. Maybe the occasional I see you shave your legs, or why do you save you legs. Mind you, I don't even get many negative comments on my tattoos, that are in very girly locations...

Great comeback - It never ceases to amaze me how someone can be so rude and verbalise something that flashes into their head.

There are sportsmans who shave. These people should STFU and mind their own business instead of being so gossipy/outspoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Beth View Post
    It doesn't really matter what his motivation for the comment was, it was still rude. A lot of people don't seem to have manners anymore, and are not teaching their children manners either. To me there is not excuse for rude behaior. So you did the right thing and put him in his place.
    The rude homophobes here take pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennialy View Post
    Agreed with a lot of replies to OP, I do find it odd though that he would ask that at a gym, ESP since at least two or three of the guys at my gym at any given time are shaved for sports reasons.
    The intention to shame is clear.

There are worse things than getting into a fight, so I thought the instant comeback was spot on. Besides, if some guy attacks a naked dude in a locker room, he'd have his own set of troubles and questions to be answered. =)

I most likely would have answered the same way without even thinking about it.

Cheers,

Kalista

I'm a TGirl, yes it's true! I'm a TGirl, through and through.
    I love nylons and high heels, mini-skirts and shopping deals!
    I don't care what others say, life's too short, it's time to play.
    I'm a TGirl, yes it's true! I'm a TGirl, how 'bout you?

Hi,

Well Well , that was pretty good,

...noeleena...

That was a cute comeback.I hope he was embarrased

I had a stress test yesterday, and the GG tech that was hooking me up looked, but didn't say anything. So, I said that last year, I told the tech that it hurt pulling all those contacts off, so I was going to shave my chest next time. This tech burst out laughing. It was good.

Still, love your comeback.

Leah
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by michelleddg View Post
    Sorry, Sweetie, but I think you outed yourself with your response. Not sure somebody who shaves strictly for swimming/cycling would go on the attack like that. Hugs, Michelle
    I like Michelle's comment. I prefer a more gentle response to awkward questions. Then again I'm not always prepared for a witty and gracious response either.

I tell people that satin panties feel better on shaved skin. That gets good responces! And I actually do ride a bike.
    "Boys can be Brides too!"

My legs are always shaved. I had one comment from a friend of mine when we were on vacation with our wives. He asked if I shaved my legs. I looked at him and just said yes. End of conversation.
    Two weeks later, I noticed his were shaved as well. Nothing said.

Quote Originally Posted by dawn03 View Post
    My standard response to unwanted questions is: "Why do you ask?" Yours was pretty good, but possibly dangerous depending on the psyche of the guy who asked the question.
    I realize that it was dangerous, but given his tone or decibel level, I realized being meek was only going to encourage him further. I decided to fight fire with fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn Marie View Post
    I like Michelle's comment. I prefer a more gentle response to awkward questions. Then again I'm not always prepared for a witty and gracious response either.
    While I am normally afflicted with L'esprit de l'escalier, I just had the words at that moment.

That is a nice comeback though

Great comeback
    I shave when i know no one is going to notice,i love the feeling of shaved legs and chest but as none knows about my dressing have to do it when i know shorts are a no no.
    My wife did once comment on my legs and as i am quite a hairy person i told her i hadn't shaved them just gave them a number 1
    I have seen plenty of men with shaved legs and just admire quietly .
    In the garden of life another flower blossoms is that really me

Quote Originally Posted by michelleddg View Post
    Sorry, Sweetie, but I think you outed yourself with your response. Not sure somebody who shaves strictly for swimming/cycling would go on the attack like that. Hugs, Michelle
    I may have outed myself, but I don't really care. I was more upset that someone was purposely trying to embarrass me and just fought back.

You could reply....Makes my legs look better with heels! Or Why the interest in my legs? That will stop them. Ruby

Platinum Member
    I's like I've said before, "Never let someone else take control" Always keep the upper hand as you did this time.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I would have said "No they are not shaved but they are strong enough to kick your ***".

Nothing like being with your woman in bed. Both with buttery smooth legs!
    "Boys can be Brides too!"

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dawn03 View Post
    My standard response to unwanted questions is: "Why do you ask?"
    I like the OP's response but I usually go with a similar one to the I quoted above. I have only had to use it once in 15 years.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Nice response! You didn't out yourself, that's not even in most people's consciousness. En femme yes, play it cool. You were in full guy mode and being a wise ass was called for!
    "I want you all to call me Loretta." - The Life of Brian

Quote Originally Posted by alwayshave View Post
    So I am pretty much hairless, chest, arms, torso and legs. I went to the gym at an odd time for me today. I got out of the shower and was getting dressed when a guy behind me says in a louder than casual conversation voice, "are your legs shaved?"

I swim everyday, so its not like I don't have an excuse other than my little hobby, but I was taken off guard. I turned around and stated, "that's no one's business but, my own. What are you doing looking at men in the locker room? You should really find another place to try to pick up men." His jaw dropped, he stood there dumb founded for a second and then turned and walked away. The guy across from me just laughed and said good come back.

I hated accusing him of being gay, but I know guys like this and turning it back on them always messes with their head.

Anyways, I'm going back to my normal schedule to avoid any future issues.

that`s fricken awesome! great comeback!

Been shaving arms.legs everything but my head for more than ten years plus Two reasons. Don't want that much hair and the body hair is all white. My head is still brown. Go figure!
    regent,

I would have said a version of what you said. "That's my business buddy, but if you must know, my gf/wifes likes me shaved" So, before you start gawking men in the lockerroom, try to remember lockerroom are for changing clothes and showering. If you want a date, be a man and approach me like someone worth dating."

Just a Brazilian Girl :) natalialimapoa's Avatar
    "You should really find another place to try to pick up men."

nice reframe of the situation.
    Just another brazilian girl.