Thread: Bummed out...

Hose & Heel Loving Divia. Lee Andrews's Avatar

Bummed out...

This getting old stuff sucks. Dressing fully these days is not fun. Years of working outside have turned my face into shoe leather, at least thats what I see. Looking back at pictures less than 10 years old and trying to capture that "Look" again seems to be impossible unless I'm in the shadows. LOL
    I used to take pictures all the time while dressed, now hardly ever think about breaking the camera out for a session. I'm sure I'm not the only one...
    Trying to come to grips with this lovely thing called Crossdressing.

Thankful there is a place to ask for help.

I have the same problem Lee I stayed out side most of the time and never thought about all the sun protection they now have back then. I now work hard on my face and arms trying to keep every thing moisturized and getting all the skin dark spots cut off. Weathered skin is not fun but on the bright side I do get to wear a lot more makeup to cover it up I am 63 and when I dress in full hard core makeup I look many years younger. I don't look at old age sucking so much as just making me find new ways to keep on keeping on. Beside inside I feel like a teen ager and with enough concealer, foundation and the rest of the coverup I look in the magical reflecting glass and wonder if that is really me in the reflection. Women are lucky in that they can choose how old are weather beaten they want to appear in real life. Most of us in guy mode still have to accept what we have done to ourselves from choosing an outside at the mercy of the weather careers. Just let age be a number only and experiment and break that camera back out.

There's only one alternative to getting old.

I worked in and outdoors but I spend a lot of time outdoors now that I'm retired. It's true, outdoors takes its toll on your skin, but age takes its toll as well. I look at some of the photos posted by younger members here and I get jealous because they (some of them) look so good.

I still take pictures because I use them to see how I can improve my presentation.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

You do have to do a work around when your looks start to fade.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    I was always pretty skinny and I smoked. Looked pretty bad. Quit smoking 15 years ago, gained around 20 pounds, and gave up stress. Last evening I was out with the girls and this sweet young thing guessed I was 43. Okay it was dimly lit and I'd just refreshed my makeup, but she really made this 70 year old feel fabulous.

My advice? No smoking, no stress, stay active, eat well, lots of moisturizer, and trowel on the makeup! I wonder if maybe "Old CDs never die, they just get too old to look good in a dress!

Small town in western Kansas middle of nowhere
    I've got that same been too long in the sun look, and have really started working on improving that and trying to do what I can to overcome some of the ageing look. We all get critical of how we look, but I look at the pics of us older gals and I still see the beauty there. I don't think we have to look like models, to still be attractive, we just need to age gracefully.
    "It takes all kinds of kinds" Miranda Lambert
    Now some point a finger and let ignorance linger
    If they'd look in the mirror they'd find.
    That ever since the beginning to keep the world spinning
    It takes all kinds of kinds.

I just went back and looked at your previous picture posts and I think you present as well as any of us. I do agree that the yearning for the beauty of youth is stronger and stronger the older we get. That's what keeps plastic surgeons in business.
    Live and let dress.

I'm grinning from ear to ear, thanks for the replies.
    Smoking is another big one I forgot about. Construction takes it's toll on the old body, inside and out. Heat, sweat, dust and grease. Somedays this 44 year old body feels like 74. Oh well going through some rough times lately so I guess that doesn't help but in the past, a full dress-up session would do the trick to cheer me up. Not this year. I get too critical about the way I look so it just backfires on me. I need to get myself motovated to quit smoking and lose about 50lbs. Funny how being down on yourself amplifies the things you are not happy about, eat more and smoke more and so on. Being away from home through the week all summer sucks when you are a home body and all you have to look forward to at night is a small hotel room and take out food.
    Anyway I see I'm starting to ramble on, thanks again.

You are 44 years old and are complaining about feeling old? Wait a few (several) more years and think about it then. Except for the fact that I would have less money and have to go back to working, I would love to be 44 again.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

My dear, you have no idea what a 74 year old feels like. Enjoy your young 44 while you can. Granted, I'm only 68, but I would give my right arm to look and feel as I did at 44. At 44 I was still able to run the marathon distance and thrive doing it.

Be happy and enjoy what youth and health that you have. In simpler words, kwit yer bitchin!

Jodi

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Andrews View Post
    I'm grinning from ear to ear, thanks for the replies.
    Smoking is another big one I forgot about. Construction takes it's toll on the old body, inside and out. Heat, sweat, dust and grease. Somedays this 44 year old body feels like 74. Oh well going through some rough times lately so I guess that doesn't help but in the past, a full dress-up session would do the trick to cheer me up. Not this year. I get too critical about the way I look so it just backfires on me. I need to get myself motovated to quit smoking and lose about 50lbs. Funny how being down on yourself amplifies the things you are not happy about, eat more and smoke more and so on. Being away from home through the week all summer sucks when you are a home body and all you have to look forward to at night is a small hotel room and take out food.
    Anyway I see I'm starting to ramble on, thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by linda allen View Post
    You are 44 years old and are complaining about feeling old? Wait a few (several) more years and think about it then. Except for the fact that I would have less money and have to go back to working, I would love to be 44 again.
    You are right Linda, 44 ain't bad but 25+ years of slugging it in and above the trenches does take its toll on the old bod.
    Jodi I wish I could do half the stuff you discribed at your 44. LOL Just reinforces the fact I haven't been taking care of myself lately.... Time to get to work.

Platinum Member
    Hi Lee, Just be glad that you are still on the GREEN side of the GRASS and not the BROWN side.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

My advice is to see a dermatologist and explain you need help. There are a lot of things they can do.

Queen of the Faery Realms Bethany_Anne_Fae's Avatar
    Last I knew, GGs work out of doors, age and get wrinkles etc too. All you can do is maybe not worry so much about the "pretty" aspects of who you are, but rather where you are going. Enjoy what you have cause girl... NONE of us are getting away from the old age years

*hugs*

Bethany
    (Formerly known everywhere as Lady Zarabeth

I live in the Portland, Oregon area, with my (now) 18-yr-old daughter.
    There you go... we have to keep on doing what we do so we can keep on doing what we do... At least that's my philosophy. I back it up with spin classes at the gym, 100-mile bike rides... Yesterday a friend of mine challenged me with an 11.4 mile hike - definitely a challenge, including painful calves today...

Be well,
    Lee

BTW, and sorry to brag... my spin class friends requested that I start looking older, if I want to claim a 63rd birthday... Stay active, in whatever form...
    Last edited by Lorileah; 08-26-2013 at 11:31 AM. Reason: merged consecutive posts. try and merge posts with edit when you post so close together thanks

Don't worry - by the time you get to my age, your eyes will be bad enough that it won't matter.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Banned Read only
    BooHoo, BooHoo I'm getting old. BooHoo, BooHoo I work in construction, working outside has turned my face into shoe leather. Girl you have more excuses than some of these girls here have panties. Are you looking for a pity party? You won't find one here. Do some reading and internet searching, learn how to take care of yourself and your skin. If you are so unhappy with your look, go find a plastic surgeon to give you a new look. Do anything but sit there and cry about how bad you have it. Understand, you could be physically disfigured from being set on fire or a physical beating that happens to our kind every day.

Thanks everyone for the funny and informative replies, except Jorja. Stick your paragragh where the sun don't shine, there always has to be one in a crowd..... No pity party here sister.
    Last edited by Lee Andrews; 08-26-2013 at 08:10 PM.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Lee, Jorja's not joking! I'm 70 and look at me! Ok, NOT my face! My figure and what I'm able to still do.

I think you're a kid! But, whatever. I KNOW if u don't start taking care of yourself ASAP? When you're my age you're really going to feel old!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Oil of Olay, sun screen, and skin firming cream at night. So many good products out there to help improve skin condition. I have a set routine and stick to it, no, will never bring back that youthful beautiful skin but I do what I can to help what I've got. That along with quality makeup and makeup skills and at least I don't feel like I'm ready to toss in the towel yet and I'm 61. There's always the plastic surgeon but I'm saving that for when I'm really old, ha ha...... lol
    Link to my flickr photostream:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/kandybarr

Gold Member
    I don't think it is so much about "getting old" for our age peers (I am 38) but we start to realize we are not kids anymore.
    Now is the time to start to fight aging. Well actually the time to start is long ago but we still have a GOOD change.

I think the realization of a youth passed by hits us in many forms during our mid-life crisis. For me, I still look decent but have a deep longing for the past.

The most important lesson we can learn at our age is it is time to LIVE instead of worrying what the world might think.
    We are still young enough to pull off "late 20's/early 30's" (yeah it is OK to fib a bit) and old enough to not put up with people telling us how to live. This might be the prime of our lives.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Gettin' older is part of life!!

Lets see...spacle..you know the latex good stuff does wonders!! Just remember to use a little water on your fingers to smooth out the finnish before it dries!
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]