Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Question for "mature" members...

Married 20 years here, been dressin off and on for 40 years, now at 53 years old
    I am finally coming to the point where I can dress the way I want. Dressing more and more.
    Finally after 40 years, I can just be myself.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

I'll be 45 in November and I feel more into my crossdressing than ever. I'm more open with it and have the money to indulge compared to when I was younger and broke. So for me, it has only gotten stronger and better.

Cheers,

Kalista

I'm a TGirl, yes it's true! I'm a TGirl, through and through.
    I love nylons and high heels, mini-skirts and shopping deals!
    I don't care what others say, life's too short, it's time to play.
    I'm a TGirl, yes it's true! I'm a TGirl, how 'bout you?

Ha!!!! ALL I CAN TELL YA IS THAT I'M "AS OLD AS DIRT" AND THE FACT THAT I DRESS IS STRONGER EVERY YEAR!!!!!!

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I started at 55 so at 63 now there is so much yet to experience!

This is a good question really. I never thought about it seriously, but I guess I've unconsciously planned my life out so that I could dress more than I did when I was younger. After losing a gf 30 years ago I remember thinking I just wanted to be alone so I could CD whenever I wanted to. Of course, it didn't turn out that way for a while. But that's where I am now; alone with an ever increasing wardrobe.

Platinum Member
    Not in the least. I do wish I had the skin and body fat content of my 20 year old body, but what I've lost to time, I've gained in experience. Enjoy the road ahead.

At 50 I believe the last few years were Maria's best years, just all around more complete. The joining of this site has a lot to do with it. All those years never owned a wig or make up and accessories like jewelry.

Like others, at the age of 66 the desire (and need) is greater than ever since i first started at the age of around 11. Wife accepts and helps and I am more or less full time except for going out. Make up, wig and jewelry are relatively recent additions but now accepted and I've got this 'thing' about varnished toe nails. Like Georgina, I have stopped worrying about being discovered and though my wife often says that she wishes I would come out fully, I haven't quite got the nerve to do that... not sure I ever will! More than anything else for me this is a hobby for life.
    Gloria K

Quote Originally Posted by AriannaRenee View Post
    Question for "mature" members...
    I have a question for crossdressers here that are over, say 35 (arbitrary cutoff!):

I'm 41 years old. ........
    35 is "mature"? That makes me "ancient". FDR (look it up, it's not "cell phone" spelling) was President when I was born!

My desire to dress goes along with my opportunity to dress and now that my wife is on board with it and there's no fear of her catching me dressed, I dress nearly every day. I change into "male" if I'm doing dirty work or if I'm going outside, but other than that, I'm usually outfitted in female clothing, boobs, and often a wig. The desire is not going away although when necessary, I can not dress for weeks at a time.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

I guess I had the same thoughts when I was 25. I thought marriage would decrease the opportunity and eventually this would all fade away.
    How wrong I was!
    The desire...no the need has always been there and after coming out to my wife completely 10 years ago it's only grown. She's fully accepted me and I dress when I please (which is every day whether completely or not) and it's made me more comfortable in my own skin in all ways. I can't ever see myself stopping and sometimes worry about what will happen if the day comes that I can't care for myself and someone else must. Will I struggle with not being able to express this, will I be able to still dress??
    It's been almost 60 years now for me and though it took a long time I know that this is who I am and it's not just something that I do. It's never been a "hobby" for me, but it's also never been so strong that I felt the need to transition though I have thought about it a lot.
    My style has changed, but never my focus.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I don't know about the mature girls, but I know when I grow up, I will stop cross dressing and act like a man. All it takes is finding the right girl and the desire to wear a dress will go away. At least that's what I told myself at 16 to 20, of course I got married, and it did go away for a while, but then it came back, I dressed, told wife, wife left with kids, I stopped dressing again. In time I got married again, and after a few years the need to dress came back, so I told second wife, she said OK, so what, and I've dressed ever since, but I still say this is something I'll out grow, after all I'm only 69 years old, there is plenty of time to out grow this silly little habit, right?
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

mature

I am 76 and the feeling is as strong as ever.

Nope, never stops for me. Accepted as an integral part of who I am. Has it's moments though as it's harder over time to retain the youthful look so acceptance of aging is also important, yet fun. Never really gave it much thought when younger, just dressed when the opportunity arose if the desire to dress was there at the same time. Not surprised at all, in fact, it has become so much a part of who I am, the feelings of being feminine are just as strong and regular as being male. Being out also makes life so much easier as I come and go dressed appearing in either gender just depending on how I feel that day. It does present problems sometimes as I will often forget I am wearing something from one gender while appearing in the opposite gender, i.e., earrings, or makeup, lingerie, etc. lol

Board-Certified Shaman LaSirenaBella's Avatar
    No, it's still there. I'm right smack in my mid-40s. I thought my first marriage would cure it. That didn't happen. I see my crossdressing differently, though. I see it as a means to an end. I identify more as a "middle-pather" or "dual-role transgender," if you will. I've come to terms with it, too, and it helps the woman I'm married to now is accepting.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    It seems that the thoughts of it going away after marriage fooled many of us. I dressed mostly for sexual reasons as a teen and really believed that marriage would change everything. It changed nothing, in fact with womens clothes in the closet and a dresser full of lingerie, it only made things worse. Guess what I was doing every time the SO was out and with us working different shifts at work, I had alot of time alone. Coming out to the SO about 20 years ago helped her to understand some of my strange behaviors and changed nothing in my dressing habits. Fortunately she is accepting which helps me not let the desires run to rampant, as I found that the less often I dressed, the worse the "pink fog" could over take me at times.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Well being in that official mature ladies age ( which I try to base myself in an attractive mature like actresses Vanessa Williams, Lynn Whitfield, Lela Rachon), my original plan of being being married with kids, all male no dressing, female side imploded along time time ago. Basically my resistance to it crumbled and collapsed underneath it's own weight. It's now just a part of me which is here forever, and will not go away. I guess the only issues on the horizon is if and when certain medications I'm on start making more noticeable changes to me.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

I'm in the same boat as the other old broads around here -- at 67 my wardrobe is vast and still growing, and I've got more time and opportunity ... Along with a collaborating wife. Not so easy to wear high heels any more, however.

Banned Read only
    I have found as I "mature", my desires to be Gina have increased. With more resources and information at my fingertips than when I was younger, I have been able to refine my look as Gina, though not as "young and pretty" as I perceived myself in the beginning. With breast forms, clothes, make up and wigs now so easily accessible, it has become even more exciting to modify my look and presentation to meet whatever mood I am in. Will it ever stop? I don't think so. I think it has become a part of me that will never go away. I have taken this path so many different ways that the only thing left would be full transition from male to female. That is the only path I haven't seriously explored yet. It has been painful, scary, and humiliating at different times, but also fulfilling, peaceful, and exciting. This life choice has taken me through the entire rollercoaster of emotions over the years but still remains a part of me. What happens next is anyone's guess.

Well I know I'm Mature and I never thought that there was so many "mature" cross dressers like myself. I have gone through stages of cross dressing and really never stopped for a long period of time . I have changed my types of dressing though through the years. In my early years it was just underwear panties, bra slips etc .but now its more complete as I have more time .

DDee
    DDee

DDee, We "mature" ladies spent a lot of our lives before the Internet made it possible to realize that we are not alone in our crossdressing and that we are not as wierd as we might have thought.

Internet forums like this one let us realize that we are not alone and they allow us to share information and hints on crossdressing. Without the Internet, I would never be where I am today.
    Last edited by linda allen; 08-25-2013 at 11:01 AM.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Quote Originally Posted by daarleane View Post
    I am 76 and the feeling is as strong as ever.
    daarleane darling don't scare us like that! It sounds like the desire just keeps increasing as we age.

Aspiring Member
    At 48, I'm finding that the more I couldn't do it, the more desire to do it. It seems as I started to get out and about with others in the community by way of support groups, etc, the actual need to express it started to diminish significantly. Kind of took the edge off so to say. It's like now I have way more control over it as opposed to the other way around.

But now it is more than just clothes, I find myself longing to be an actual female out in the world. But that's just dreams, it can only be fantasy.

AriannaRenee, this amusement ***never*** ends! I made peace with myself on this several years back after decades of angst, and in recent years have really enjoyed extending the hobby/craft aspect of all of this (putting more money into it, broadening my experience base, learning from the internet, becoming more active on this forum, that sort of thing).

If you fight it, it will eat you up. If you make your peace with it, it will be a plus side of your life. Hugs, Michelle.

I'm 52, and still enjoy it! It's somewhat dormant at this time due to free time, and people hanging around.
    I always wear panties, sometimes a bra, and sleep in nightgowns.

Linda ,
    Well said !!!!! Hugs
    DDee
    DDee