Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Question for "mature" members...

Quote Originally Posted by Barbra P View Post
    When I was much younger I don’t think I thought the urge would just go away although I did go through a purge that lasted a number of years. But then the urge resurfaced and it became really intense – I mean the Pink Fog was thick enough to cut with a knife. My Wife was already retired when I retired and she is only somewhat supportive; I can dress around the house provided it doesn’t get out of hand – in this case out of hand is more than once a week. She does not like me going out and most of the time it is a waste of time to ask her how something looks on me or if she thinks this or that would look good on me.

In 2011 my Daughter asked my Wife what to get me for Father’s Day and I was surprised to learn later that she suggested a pedicure. I walked out of that salon with painted nails and they remained pretty up until a month or so ago, and during this whole time I wore sandals. I have arthritis and I have a tough time reaching my toes so it was just easier to take the polish off rather than try and reapply it. My Wife surprised and gave two gift certificates to a local nail salon for my Birth Day so I could get a pedicure.

My Daughter and her two daughters live with us and it has been a long dry summer but tomorrow my grandkids go back to school and I can go on record and say that my urge to dress is still strong – I’m thinking Wednesday would be a good day. Bought a pair of white Capris for the occasion and I might see if I can find something else too – I’ve been wanted to try a Maxi Dress or Skirt, just haven’t found one in my size that I like that is also affordable. Oh, and some new eye-makeup and maybe a new lipstick, and maybe a new pair of earrings (had my ears pierced a week after my Daughter took me for that pedicure).

So Arianna (or is it Renee) I’d say you can look forward to decades of being in touch with your feminine side. As my Therapist told me, it’s not going away, so accept it, embrace it, but most of all enjoy it and have fun.

BTW: I turned seventy this month.
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!!!

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

I will turn 60 in a few weeks and first tried on my sisters underthings when I was about 12. It was an off and on thing during my first marriage. I was busy with kids and jobs and would only dress on occasion after my first wife put on some weight and I found that some of her clothes would fit. I always thought that the urge to dress would lessen with age but just like many here I found it only gets stronger. I am remarried and my second wife was at first rather restrictive about it and we were a DADT situation. She now accepts and I spend more time dressed. I am just an old guy in a dress who is happy and healthy and very relaxed. I don't care what other people think anymore. Age has it's advantages.
    Somtimes the light's all shining on me, Other times I can barely see.
    Lately it's occured to me.....What a long strange trip it has been.
    Truckin by the Grateful Dead

Banned Read only
    Gosh, you all are OLD!

56 here - I quit trying to "pass" about 20 years ago when the effort wasn't worth the outcome. Still "dress" everyday tho, just do it in a manner pleasing and comfortable to me. Haven't worn a dress in years although when working in the home office I will occasionally don a nice skirt. Heck, I mowed the yard this past weekend in a miniskirt. After years of steroids (medications - nothing else), my days of passing are waaay over.
    But this wasn't about passing was it?...its about "dressing" and that is a desire /nea need as strong as ever...

Im 58, have been dressing on and off since I was a teen. I have always had the urge and I think that the internet has just made this so much easier and supportive. I probably will never stop, and do enjoy my duel roles!

It doesn't stop, In fact it gets more and more desirable to dress.
    I am 70 and think about it all the time. When in my 40's it was a few
    days a month.

I do have to agree over the years i have tried everthing to stop .Here i am 49 and i started when i was 11 and like more than ever
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

At 72 I think I get better looking every year. Well, in my mind anyway. perhaps it is because I am more confidant and daring. I'll do things dressed and in drab that I never would have dared to do years ago.

Mature Dresser

The urge to dress has never been absent. I haven't dressed that much the past few years due to work family and other events. However in the past few months the urge to dress has been getting stronger. I still enjoy it very much and still window shop online. Dear Wife was accepting but for some reason has.backed off the past couple years. So yes the urge is still there at 62 years yong. I do try to dress age appropriate though not as a granny.

Okay, at 88 I guess I'm living proof --- the profile picture is a new outfit and the hair is my own. Two major downsides with maturity:
    One is that even though the sexual component is still there, in actuality it's considerably diminished, but since I now live alone not really sure whether it would have been that reduced if my spouse was still alive. Second are the damn health issues that keep getting in the way.
    Shouldn't complain as the other option will catch up with me sooner or later (hope it's later).
    Question of what to wear at burial as there I have a problem, for the arrangements are to be with a full military funeral in Washington state with the ocean at my feet at the mountains above. A missing-plane-flyover is also planned. So call me foolish if you will but I think that the reaction to me being en femme at that time just doesn't seem appropriate to me.
    Julie

I recall reading a chapter in Everything you wanted to know about sex.... back in the sixties about tv. It said that the desire/urge increases with age. I started at 9 and will be 65 in sept. The author was right.

Quote Originally Posted by Julie Gaum View Post
    Okay, at 88 I guess I'm living proof ---
    Bless your heart Julie.

I've told this before - I'm 66 now and didn't start dressing until I was 61. I never knew what I would have looked like as a young lady. I know that I enjoy dressing (age appropriately) and don't see myself quitting any time soon. I really don't have a "history" of any length from which I can compare then to now feelings.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Hugs,

Carla

http://flickr.com/photos/carla4guage/

I am always attracted to sexy older GG's, and really enjoy dressing up, and wearing my gray wig, and looking like an attractive mature lady.

No waning of desire for me. When I hit 50 a few years back it seemed to grow even stronger.

Well, I guess that settles it! Good for you Julie - you are an inspiration.
    Last edited by Tamara Croft; 10-06-2013 at 12:34 PM. Reason: quote removed, next time it's deleted

With out reading any other responses I have to say. "It never quits" I used to think like you surely when I hit 30 or 40 or 50 it would stop. Now I am 55 and seriously thinking about going the full route. I have been soul searching over the last 4 years and have come to the conclusion that I should have been born with a female body. I feel I suffer from gender dysphoria. It consumes a lot of my time that I should be productive in other areas. I plan my days around dressing and it pains me to have to change to run downtown to get something needed. I have no real friends except my wife that knows my struggles and I wish that I did. I sometimes feel that my life is on hold and I just exist, doing what needs to be done. What a waste of life. I wish I could put this aside and just be a male but I am afraid that I am not strong enough. On the other hand I wish I could transition and finish my life like I was supposed to. The pickets on the fence are starting to hurt from me sitting on the fence for so long.

So I guess will this go away for you? Only you will know. I have heard some have been able to conquer it. But I doubt it. I used to think that I could do anything that I put my mind to. I used to think I was an uncaring tough s.o.b. I have walled myself off from children, wife, family as I used to think; A. they would never understand, B. If they really knew what was going through my mind. OR C. KEEPING THEM AT ARMS LENGTH MENT I NEVER HAD TO FACE THE TRUTH. And (potential friends as fear of them finding out). Well the truth of the matter is I should have been born a girl. I should have lived my life as a female. If I could find a way to transition I would. It is just eating my up inside, and the decision is do I throw away a 30 year marriage to the woman that has taught me how to feel again, how to cry, how to care for people, what LOVE really means!!!! just so I can become a woman!

I sorry I digress. My answer is in a short, IT NEVER WENT AWAY FOR ME AND I DON'T SEE IT EVER GOING AWAY!
    Last edited by Anne Elizabeth; 08-27-2013 at 12:53 PM. Reason: SPELLING

I first dressed at age 12, and it was an "on and off" thing, always in private, generally underthings only. I went out for the first time in January of this year at age 55! During that time, there have been periods of several years where I haven't dressed. Since January, I think the longest I've gone is two weeks.
    Knowing yourself is so much more, Take one step forward and you open up the door. T'pau - Secret Garden.

Check out my blog - You Can't Do That With People

I have been married for 38 years, with four kids. In my case, no it hasn't stopped. In fact, I would say the desire to have a night out, to "pass" is stronger than ever,

I've been crossdressing for more than half a century. At first it was only occasional as I lived with my parents. It became more regular when I moved out on my own. But I still had to go to work and could dress only afterwards. But then, living in an apartment you must consider that a maintenance people may drop in to check water, heating, etc. You must be prepared to change very quickly. It was only a year ago that I bought my own house and can dress almost full time. I'm semi-retired now but still operate my bookstore about 3 hours in the evening when I have to be in drab, sometimes underdressing. I have staff running the store at other times. I dress as soon as I get up in the morning until I have to go to the store.
    As I said in my previous posts I'm a GIS (guy in a skirt). This evolved over a period of time, as in the beginning I thought that I'm dressing as a woman. But soon realised that I have no desire to even look like a woman. I'm just a man who likes to dress differently than most other men. I do not have what is referred to as "pink fog". I have no feminine traits in me. I'm all male, though definitely not "macho" but rather gentle and intellectual person. And that feeling intensified as I'm getting older. And that should answer the original poster's query.
    Last edited by GeorgeA; 10-06-2013 at 12:35 PM. Reason: typos

Banned Read only
    I had to "giggle" a little by your definition of "mature." I'm "mature" at age 66. I guess as my grandchild said, "Daddy, says you're old grandpa." One of her friends, when answering the knock on the door, said, "There's an old man outside!" Ah, the perspective of youth. My mother is old (92). Me, I consider myself "mature." At your age (41) I probably considered myself as "youthful," not a youth. Anyway, to consider your question.

At age 21 when I married I had not cross dressed for several years. I was in the military and had no thoughts of wearing women's clothing at all. Yes, I did reflect upon the period of time of my teens that maybe I was gay. There was a more inappropriate term used back then. I knew I was not that. I drooled over young women, and, I was dating my future wife who was definitely hot and sensuous. I was the classic stud. Virile. Six foot two and 175 pounds of military sinuous muscle. I never back then I would backslide into wearing a nightie to bed under the guise of bedroom play. Stockings too!

Thirty sneaked in upon me. Still as described above. However, I was draw to buying slip, then panties, then a bra or two.

By your age of 41 I started adding a dress or two or more and shoes and makeup. "What's up doc?" I sure the heck did not know. Why?

So, why would you think the urge or necessity to wear women's clothing would diminish or disappear into a distant memory?

Yes, the body does change. The natural hair is gone for many of us. The wigs will take care of that. The choice of clothing will change for most of us. I read many entries on this site of girls stuck in their youth. That's OK. There are many guys who are old and sloppy who are stuck in their earlier years too!

I'd say as we age many of us grow more comfortable with who were are. There may be an acknowledgment we may need to temper our cross dressing for the benefit of family and the job, but, we realize cross dressing is not going to go away.

We cannot fight time. We can only do what GG's do to try to minimize the aging process.

Well, I guess this thread answers some questions for me as well. I am in my early 40's as well. I have admitted to myself the fact that I like to wear feminine clothing only in the last few years, but the desire has always been there. It started as a kid. I too, thought the desire would get less as I have aged, gotten married, had children of my owne, etc. It has only gotten stronger. Good to hear from the other ladies that I am not alone in having these desires increase over time.

M

I've told this story before, but for what it's worth. I enjoy dressing, don't think I'll ever get to the point I will want to stop dressing, but unlike so many here I only started dressing at age 59. I'm getting better at it (I think) and have been dressing for 7 years now!
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Hugs,

Carla

http://flickr.com/photos/carla4guage/

60+ and only getting a stronger desire. Can't wait until I retire and have more time to dress. So Arianna, be prepared for a long time of dressing and enjoyment.

64 next month. I have more time and more money for this "hobby" at my age than I've ever had before. It's fun!!