Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Question for "mature" members...

Aspiring Member
    63 today and married 41 years tomorrow...Started dressing at 7ish and going strong. As the others, my styles had to change with age, but the need is always there. Hoping my retired clothing is on younger dressers and they are enjoying them as I.

Just turned 70, work as a woman 5 days a week in a public office and am femme most other time when I can. Been dressing since I was 10 and don't plan to stop. I enjoy it more than ever and working every day with GG's who accept me, well it doesn't get any better than that.

At 61 the feeling to dress up every chance I can is still there and know now that it will never go away. I now go out dressed more every chance that I can and feel wonderfull when I do. I find that I don't feel as nervous as the first time I went out in public.

Hmm good question. I wondered even since finding the online world how long it may last. Like that pink fog freedom comes on so fast, but does it go away in time? Fading into oblivion? If you try to leave it all behind you and box it away, does it disappear? Can you come out of the closet and just go right back in, or repress it totally? And if you're like me, after discovering your TG heart, can you ever ever put her back inside behind the accumulation of foreign natured programing of male defined characteristics? Can a snake live within it's shedded skin only?

Does it ever stop?
    No

Did you feel the same way when you were younger?
    Much better now thank you

Is anyone else still find themselves somewhat surprised that this is still something you do?
    Nope

Can I borrow your shoes Ally?
    NO! (okiez soz I threw in that last part)

Aspiring Member
    Started when I was young, about 12 or 13. At that time I had only my mother's clothes to wear and did whenever I had the chance. She never mentioned that she might suspect so I'm not sure if she did or not. After I got married it slowed because of children around to much. When they were gone I started to buy some of my own clothes. To start with I guess I thought a woman had to dress ****ty to attract attention, now I'm much more comfortable wearing clothes that look nice and actually look like a lady instead of a lady of the evening. Retired but don't get to dress as much as I would like.

Aspiring Member
    65, have enjoyed dressing for most of my life, since teens. The older I get the more I dress, not to pass, can't do that, but I spend a lot of time with something under dressed or almost fully dressed. Desire is as strong or stronger than ever.

Sherrii

I like the classy look phyllis47's Avatar

Smile Most likely never

Quote Originally Posted by AriannaRenee View Post
    I have a question for crossdressers here that are over, say 35 (arbitrary cutoff!):

I'm 41 years old. I used to think, back probably in my late-teens, early-20s, that there's absolutely no way I'd still be wearing women's clothes this far into middle age. I guess I always figured:
    a) I'd be married, with kids, and have to stop, or
    b) just be too damn old and not convincing (at least not as much as I perceived I could've been when I was younger).

However, here I am married with children and 41, and the desire to dress, if anything, has only increased in the last 6 or 7 years. I'm not sure if I look any better or worse then I did back then, but I also never had the benefit of makeup or wigs, and I think adopting those two items into my crossdressing has been part of my deepening interest. The more feminine I appear to myself in the mirror, the more fun it is.

What about you more "Mature" girls? Does it ever stop? Did you feel the same way when you were younger? Is anyone else still find themselves somewhat surprised that this is still something you do?
    No hun it is probably not going to change but get stronger; especially when the kids leave.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dressing as a women is the most fun.

Love: Phyllis

At 68 ,The older I get the stronger the desire and the more I am confortable am when out in public .

There have been a few periods when I have not dressed. But each time I returned to Cding, the desire was stronger than before.

At 52, I have to say it will only get stronger yet.

As far as being mature goes, What's that all about? I'm still as youthful in outlook as I ever was. (in my mind anyways, my body is starting to creak and moan sometimes)
    Last edited by Dalva; 10-07-2013 at 12:05 AM.
    I sometimes think I'm such a fairy

If I knew then what I know now! I've passed fifty now (OMG! how did that happen?) and my 'need' has just gotten stronger, deeper and more profound as the years have gone by. I wish I'd sorted myself out at 30 to be honest, but it is what it is and life is great!!
    Amanda x
    So far in the closet, I've got one foot in Narnia!

Never do anything that seemed a good idea at the time!

Today I am the youngest I'm ever going to be!

add me and message amanda.shaft@hotmail.co.uk

http://amandashaft.hi5.com

Started at age 4-5 and just turned 55 last week. I have more feminine clothes, shoes, jewelery now than at any other time, 50 years of dressing and I love it more now than at any other time in my life.

Started at 13 now 60. Like a lot of others I thought it would go away with getting married. No it didn't, and as I've got older the desire has become stronger. In the early days I did my best to supress the feelings as I thought I was abnormal, but now I just enjoy it. I am what I am and I've learned that being me is just fine.

I too have been dressing for over 50 years intermittently and the last 10 years essentially daily. And yes, the desire continues and grows, as does the 'comfort" that comes with it. Acceptance is the key.

Has anyone seen/read any theories as to this process?

Kate

I think as you get older your testosterone levels begin to drop so any feminine side you have only gets stronger. On top of that maturity puts perspective on it in a way that your younger self could not. Also you simply get better at it with practise.

I crossdressed intensively over the years until I got married. I purged at that point. I could cry thinking about it now. One very expensive wig went into the garbage. Plus all my favourite clothes. But of course I never actually stopped even though I had nothing of my own. Just opportunities were less. The problem was that I replaced it with drink. Say what you like about CDing, it won't kill you. Drink will.

So I'm off the drink and back shopping and dressing and I feel happier already. The only thing that would make me happier is my wife's acceptance of it. But I don't want to impose it on her.

So yes it doesn't go away and why would it? Think of how much happier we would all be if CDing was just another 'man's' hobby where people giggle at the silliness of it but there was no need to hide. Sigh!

Platinum Member
    Hi Wendy here at 50 something years still very much alive and at it.... i tryed a few times to kill off my fem side ... not good this is who i am kinda a blended mix of "HIM" and "HER".... well more "HER"... look it's not the same for every one ... just can't work that way ... for some it's a sexual thing get gressed and well make a mess... some it's a fanatsy what if i was a girl..... for some they clame all kinds of ways to say the like or want to dress in fem clouthing ..... for me i found out that i am truly Wendy female wheather in panties or boxers ... i am me i rather be fem than male for sure in a lot of ways i am i have a nice set of boobs .....long hair and a few outher stand outs that put me in between....

let it be .... be you .... enjoy don't fight it or look for a reason why ..... it is what it is..............

East of Seattle somewhere between the pass and Idaho
    Being 63, almost 64, I can say the need to cross dress has never diminished. Being about half retired and now with the kids out of the house the real change is I have more time and money for dressing up.

Well i guess you could say i am mature, i am 55, started dressing when i was a kid mostly my mothers stuff. i have gone years with out the need or feeling to dress, but it is always there. in the last 4 years it has come back stronger then ever. I know have a full wardrobe and make kit, forms shoes you name it i proably have it and it is never enough LOL. I am lucky my wife is aware and supportive, the children are all grown (only the youngest still living at home till she finishes school). I doubt it will ever end, i know now that is a part of me a part i dont want to loose anymore.

I'm amazed that this thread is still going! I have to say, I'm not surprised. You've all basically confirmed what I was thinking would be the case.

Then again, this forum isn't ex-crossdressers.com!

Quote Originally Posted by AriannaRenee View Post
    I'm amazed that this thread is still going! I have to say, I'm not surprised. You've all basically confirmed what I was thinking would be the case.

Then again, this forum isn't ex-crossdressers.com!
    Like she said, I am surprised that this thread is still active, but it tells a lot about our self. If we didn't have this forum we would would more than likely just be alone with our feelings and wondering why am I different? What is wrong with me? All of the other men are satisfied wearing just male clothes, but this forum tells me that I am not alone. That I am just one of many who feel that way, and unlike the lemmings I will continue to go on my own way.

i too started at early age, (11) and im 40 now. I never imagined id be dressing still. (course ive purged and stopped for a few months in between, last time for 1 1/2 yrs while i married. I thought i could give up fr her and be the "man.")

But like u other girls said, crossdressing urges are forever.. and they grow even more......

melissa

Aspiring Member
    It'll wax and wane but it's still there. Now with young child in house there is stress and pressure about not being able to do it. But I love my family & will try to deal with it. I seem to be changing though as I approach the half century mark in a couple of years.
    Lately I've been like, this is so wrong on the moral end. I'm just sick of being sick of it. I have not felt this way in a while. Like fighting against the world and I am finally ready to throw in the towel, you win, ok enough is enough. In all probability that won't happen. So I'm sad, angry at most of the situation.

I dunno about this lower testosterone leading to more femme urges, I thinks it's just the opposite and it's the testosterone that is fueling it in the first place.
    Last edited by bimini1; 10-10-2013 at 03:29 PM.

I certainly enjoy it more, I started in my late teen and now my early 40's.

I'm 71 and did not start until I was 64. Yes the desire gets stronger, amy accessories grow and does my closet, but I work hard to keep in in perspective. I do not worry about how I used to look, just how I present for myself when I dress. It is not necessary to worry about how others see me, but how I feel about myself, as that is all that is really important.

From my earliest recollection I wanted to be a girl. I will be 63 soon and the feeling is as strong as it ever has been.

In my case it is just as strong or stronger after over 43 years. The difference is that now it has a very stress relieving factor that is addictive even with out the excitement factor. I don't think it will ever be completely gone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!