Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Morals

Karren, You have high morals, also, as a hockey player! I believe most al morals, go all the way back to ten laws, long ago. Everyone has modified them, to suit cuture and personal behaviors.

I believe that crossdressing is an immoral thing I falter in and that it greatly hurts my social life. But God doesn't help me enough in my career or money situation so I can attract a pretty enough wife. The pretty asian women I want are too demanding they're hot and know they can get a quality man which I'm not.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    I don't think men in womens clothes per se is morally wrong but it can be difficult to accept as a societal norm. Trying to look like a women when one is not can be considered digising or deceptive. I guess for me that's why I tend toward more looking less fem in clothes that are considerd female styles.

Gone to live my life
    Ah morality . . . good question. Is what we do immoral? Well that will depend on the person who is doing the judging. I went out the other day and was at WalMart and the girl at the only cash open (it was early morn) refused to serve me because she was a good Christian and what I was doing was immoral and an abomination in the eyes of God. I asked her where it says that in the bible (chapter and verse) she couldn't provide only that she knows it is wrong. Can't fault her as that is her belief . . . However as a paying customer her manager took a different spin and fired her on the spot morals and all.

For me I cannot change who I am and as I grow and explore, I don't think I would want to. We are only immoral to those who think we are. Some may be rude others may choose to think bad thoughts in their mind.

Hugs

Isha

Yeah, I don't pay much attention to the whole Deuteronomy 22:5 thing from the Old Testament of the Bible. I think people make this stuff up. It's that ridiculous. I've already eaten lots of clams and crabs, and worn clothes of mixed fabrics, so I'm already going to be judged for that, lol!

We make this stuff up.

Actually as far a the Old Testament law is concerned is not one of us can keep the law, we are imperfect humans, that is why God sent His son for our sins. So Natallia you are right in we do break those laws everyday. To this activity it is difficult to understand from the Bibles perspective and I struggle with it everyday as to exactly what is right or wrong about it. As most here say we don't hurt anyone while doing it but I dare say many marriages have been upset by it just as those who drink to much or do drugs. So it's difficult for me to just put it aside as complelty harmless.

Isha, people are so inconsistent its maddening... if that clerk thought you were straying so far from the path isn't the bible thing to do to try and save you? i don't remember did Jesus scoff at "sinners" (not saying i think you are one for cding) and tell them to get lost? i thought he had a different approach... also, its been a while since i went to church, but the crap about "what you do to the least of my people that you do until me" notion is something that kinda sticks with me--if Jesus showed up at walmart in a flowing robe, long hair, and gladiator sandals would she refuse to serve this probably dirty, crossdressing weirdo? i doubt that would go over to well at the pearly gates when they were doing her review to see if she makes it into partytown... ugh i guess i am ranting... anyway i am really proud of all you ladies who are getting out in the world and not letting people's illogical and close-minded reactions to your appearance stop you from going where you want as you want... honestly its this sort of stuff that keeps me closeted, but when i read about your adventures it really motivates me (if only inch by inch) closer to the door =)

Taking the heart of the majority of these posts, I had actually posted something similar on another site at one time; More or less that no matter what your background or religion, that crossdressing was ultimately harmless and you shouldn't feel guilt over it. I was promptly lambasted! I was told in no uncertain terms how crossdressing is an abomination against god and I just could not possibly understand. It got turned around so quickly that I somehow became the bad guy!? I just didn't want anyone to consider suicide as an alternative to getting these feelings out of their heads! (This was my actual reason for posting, after reading some scary thoughts on another thread!) So...
    Like most of you are saying here, it is wise to consider whether we are deliberately harming others by our actions first. After 35 plus years of crossdressing, I have yet to think of how I might be deliberately harming anyone? Then we need to do what is right for us, so we do ourselves no deliberate harm. (consider eating bacon, we can always run some stairs or eat a bunch of carrots later!) Thats really all there is to the moral dilemma.
    Yet it does deliberate harm to others when someone tries or demands to impose their morality onto them! I have not written to that other forum site since that incident because I felt betrayed, and that my morals were being so harshly judged as wrong!

I received a couple private messages from sisters in response to every ones comments; I had thought this thread had died out in the first day or two of September so was most gratified to read the additional thoughts. Much additional information for me to consider.

I was reminded of paper I read some time ago, sorry, can't remember the author.

It went something to the effect that society (or a group such as a church congregation) has a set of rules that everyone says they ascribe too and there is a second unacknowledged set of rules that everyone actually lives. As an example, I don't drink alcohol because I am a member of "X", but on Saturday night, I go out and party but that is ok because on Sunday, I pray for forgiveness.

I guess the key is "judge not less ye be judged", what is the greater sin me wearing a skirt or some self-righteous person judging me (and my taste or lack thereof). Morality seems to be judged based on sin.

Then there is the realization that there are so many things that are considered wrong (sin) but have you ever noticed that no religious work that I've every seen includes a weighted list of sin. Is drinking on Saturday night a greater, equal or lesser sin than me wearing a skirt? Wearing a skirt on Sunday?

Sorry, about stirring the pot. This is very confusing and, of course, interesting topic.

People quote the Old Testament when they say CDing is a sin. Well there's a bunch of stuff the old testament says to do or not do that people follow anymore and think it's ok (keeping the sabath and not eating certain meats to name a couple). Now I will say that there are circumstances that most CDs are put in that causes them to lie and do other thinks considered sinful (I'm trying to do better in this department).

Emogene what I know and understand about what the Bible teaches is yes there are many sins and we have all sinned and fallen short of the glory of God, all things that God teaches us is sin is sin and my understanding is there is just one unforgivable sin and that is rejection of Christ as the only way to heaven. So how does this work for me as a Bible believing Christian and dealing with my CDing, it's been difficult and I may yet still be wrong in doing it. I've studied the verse in Det. And it is very confusing but I have come to the conclusion it speaks mostly about the leadership of the man within the society. Gods intensional is we as men should not hide ourselves or decieve those into who we are. We are to lead spritully as well. So how I see this is if we are doing this as say like a hobby or just to be a way to relax I feel it's fine but I do see how it tends to go beyond that for many and I'm not sure how to address their situations. All of us must decide on where our priorities are withing our relationships and especially our relationship with God . This is my 2 cents worth

Thread went religious, so I have to close it.