Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CD stripper?

CD stripper?

So, I've had this overwhelming desire for only a short time now, but it consists of me 'dressed' on stage for everyone to see. I truly wish to do burlesque, as it feels the most clean-cut and exciting of any variation of performing on stage.. However, the few places that would be looking for a burlesque dancer all require at least SOME form of history in showbiz, or a fully completed burlesque course which I do intend to take eventually..

SO SO, my big thought on the matter is this: There aren't many burlesque clubs, but several LGBT strip clubs and lounges available nearby.. and I wanted to get a foot in stripping on stage if at all possible...

I've only ever seen GG's and Big Powerful Men working a pole.. so my question to all of you is this: Have you ever heard of a passable CD stripping before? And if not, what would you think about the ability for this to work?

Please try not to extend your own preference of comfort level into the answer, I'm asking very seriously with the intent of making this my life profession ;O!
    (My point is not to trick the audience, but find a place that would love to have someone like me working there..)
    Last edited by Kathinja Galaxy; 08-29-2013 at 06:18 PM.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathinja Galaxy View Post
    ...Have you ever heard of a passable CD stripping before?
    Kind of hard to pass with your junk hanging out. There is zero chance a male cross dresser would fool anyone.

There is, in all likelihood, a subculture into cross dressers who strip and therefore there must be such a place. Certainly Thailand is known for "Ladyboy" clubs. Did you see Hangover 2? The men who go to such places KNOW what they are going to see.

Aspiring Member
    If there is a club for crossdressing strippers, I suspect it would be a gay club, but you never know, there maybe straight clubs that would give a Cd a shot. It seems I read about a transsexual who was some sort of a stripper but I could be wrong, maybe a Playboy model?? Amanda Lapore???

You wont find out if there is a damand for your services until you offer them. I don't want to endorse or condemn that segment of the entertainment industry. I think everyone is free to choose what they want to do.

Break a leg!!!!
    Last edited by Seana Summer; 08-29-2013 at 06:48 PM.

Sounds fun, but I would be concerned for your safety. No telling how a drunk guy might act if he were turned on by you only to find out you were a guy...

Good points all around, and thankyou for the concern thinks I have thought about as well, and also had a feeling about the whole "not known till ya show up" kinda thing.. Just wanted so see if my thought process was on the right track or not

Kat, if you don't me calling you that, with enough research in the right areas I would suspect there have been more than a few men make it in that line of work. I don't care how specialized something sounds there is an audience; and lets face it, theres not much new under the sun. I think with hard work, developing your talent and perserverance you could do it. Good Luck.
    Regina

Used to be one in New Jersey, I think. It was called D.I.X. Seriously. It was predominantly gay. The dancers were CD's. Some were pretty dang good, too.

Leah
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.

Well, I don't "strip" per se but deliberately wear items I can take off when I go to the club dancing. Always have something to take off. Not only because as the night wears on, I get warmer but also for the "tease" effect. I usually see people looking to see if I'm going to remove anything else. All in fun though, which is what it's all about for myself.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

My place--hehe-sorry could not resist

Banned Read only
    they have a TS strip club in Pacoima here in Los angeles near burbank.

its a TOPLESS place
    Last edited by vanitysumers; 09-02-2013 at 03:37 PM.

I have seen a Web site of a club in New York that featured transexual strippers. These girls were not just crossdressers but had full boob jobs. Despite all the amateur stuff I've done on adult tube sites, from the looks of this club's web site, it looked way too raunchy even for me. I'd definitely be afraid I'd catch something if I set foot in there. There is/was also a place outside Chicago that was supposedly crossdresser "friendly" which had a stage where people could go up on and perform. I have only read accounts of the place and seen some pictures because when I got to the place to check it out for myself, I couldn't even bring myself to drive into the parking lot.

Be sure to check possible places out as a spectator before you even think about applying to perform in one. From the couple of places I know about, they sure are about as far from glamorous as it gets. I would think most of these places are pretty sleazy and you might not be comfortable even setting foot in them let alone performing for their typical audience (think, tranny chasers that are fat, smelly, hairy men over 50). Still, if sleazy floats your boat, go for it.
    Last edited by AllyCDTV; 08-30-2013 at 12:35 AM.
    "We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think." - The Buddha

so my question to all of you is this: Have you ever heard of a passable CD stripping before?
    I know TS's who made a living doing that. It isn't new.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Finnocio's in San Francisco has been doing this for over 50 years, not so much strip-tease, but "female impersonators".
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

That would make you a crossundresser, wouldn't it?
    Add it to the glossary. haha

LOL, crossundresser xD I like that. Thank you all, I'm happy to hear these things.. it makes me feel like I'm right where I should be If even ONE other person was able to do what I want, than I know I have the determination to make it a reality.. I'm going to storm the gates of portland if they don't have anything like me, but I'm pretty sure I'll fit right in.. I'm already beginning my workout routines and practicing how to swing my hips too and fro xD I always had a feeling there would be a market in that in any case.. You know what they say - "If you can think it, there's a fetish for it!"
    And I don't mind people being overweight or anything like that.. I wont be wearing a sign that says "Only good-looking rich men" hah. I can't afford to be picky about other peoples bodies, I AM a man in a dress after all xD!

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Does the profession of "stripping" have much of a retirement plan? Like maybe a 401K account.

Lynn, the tips can be very good and most of that is usually not reported to the IRS. Get it while they can, because the skin deep beauty only lasts so long, and then it is off to search for the next exciting job with or without benefits.

This is an interesting scenario. Your 'problem' or rather the audience's problem, is that if you are very good then they might feel cheated or embarrassed when there is a conflict of you being an attractive CD rather than a woman.
    SO! Here is the genius part!...
    You make it a totally UNIQUE act where everyone can appreciate your ability to play burlesque (assuming you can do it VERY well) but without feeling cheated or embarrassed because they KNOw you are a CD.
    (You can use this idea but have to pay me staggering amounts of money when you get to being a millionaire....)
    You go out on stage as a MAN...wearing a long coat and trousers.
    You set up a music stand and put a big (very big) book on it called TEACH YOURSELF BURLESQUE (that will get a laugh anyway). You put on a wig to the music..rip off your trousers...and toss aside the coat....to reveal a sexy burlesque outfit. And then check the book and do a move..then go back and turn a page and do another move...then speed read it. Then go into your routine.
    At the end you remove your wig and bow. (Very Cabaret tradition)
    Everyone has been entertained. Everyone can get into the spirit of you lampooning some of the more cliché moves or falling off something etc.

What a star!
    Good luck.

There are a couple of clubs in New Orleans that are cross dressing strippers. To this day, one of the most beautiful "women" I ever saw was stripping on that stage.
    (they did not strip their bottoms).
    I never new how masculine I was until I tried to be a woman

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by EllieOPKS View Post
    (they did not strip their bottoms).
    I am never going there then!

Kathinja,
    You would have to have outstanding elegance, beauty, personality and charisma to carry it off.
    If you could do it consider yourself someone special.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

As far as making a career out of it, I wouldn't limit myself to just being a stripper. Take acting classes and look for all opportunities in female impersonation. Burlesque may turn out to be your niche, but be open to other things. Stripping will be in gay clubs for the most part. Female strippers that I've known often got into a drug habit, so beware of that too.

Kathinja,
    Like any profession, if you create a portfolio of yourself and show it to the local clubs, maybe they will create a new venue with just crossdressers as the girls for the night. That way nobody would expect to see anything other than a crossdresser. No unexpected surprises or violence.

You are pretty,so you should have a very good opportunity for a new career. Have fun and be safe.

So, I've had this overwhelming desire for only a short time now, but it consists of me 'dressed' on stage for everyone to see. I truly wish to do burlesque, as it feels the most clean-cut and exciting of any variation of performing on stage.. However, the few places that would be looking for a burlesque dancer all require at least SOME form of history in showbiz, or a fully completed burlesque course which I do intend to take eventually..

SO SO, my big thought on the matter is this: There aren't many burlesque clubs, but several LGBT strip clubs and lounges available nearby.. and I wanted to get a foot in stripping on stage if at all possible...

I've only ever seen GG's and Big Powerful Men working a pole.. so my question to all of you is this: Have you ever heard of a passable CD stripping before? And if not, what would you think about the ability for this to work?

Please try not to extend your own preference of comfort level into the answer, I'm asking very seriously with the intent of making this my life profession ;O!
    (My point is not to trick the audience, but find a place that would love to have someone like me working there..)
    Kathinja, guess what I had the same idea and did take Burlesque lessons here in Dallas and the girls(GGs) have been sooo cool with it. I finished the 5 week course and I am hopping to get a gig with some of the local Burlesque troups. So, yes it can be done!

GG, SO of one lovely CDer Shae Baby's Avatar
    HECK YES BABY!!!! let's go be strippers together and dance the night away! XOXO love you!
    I don't need a masculine man in order to validate myself as a woman.