Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Neighbors have gone from nosey to very unfreindly

Neighbors have gone from nosey to very unfreindly

Hmm, where to start. I have been dressing for quite a while now and live alone. When I moved into this house my neighbor was always checking to see what I was doing when I would go out the door. One day he started talking about his religious belief and I promptly told him that I do not talk religion with anyone. Anyway, after being in this place for about 1.5 years now, I was going into the garage and I was made by the neighbor. Yes I was dressed, forms wig, skirt, tank top the works and feeling really good. He called my name, I turned around and the look on his face was priceless, Well that was about a month ago now and he still has not said hello again and has made a beeline for his house or garage if I happen to come outside when he is around. Doesn't matter if I am in drab now. Oh well, I guess I will continue live with his intolerance and live my own life.

In real life, you may or may not like your neighbors (and vice versa). It's great if you can be friends with them, you get each others mail when they are on vacation, feed the cat, watch the house, mow the lawn, etc.

Unfortunately, this isn't always the case. We are friends with the neighbors on both sides, pretty good friends with the ones directly across the street (but wouldn't trust them with a key, etc.), but not real friendly with the guy and his kids diagonally across the street who backed into my wife's car, whose son shot his brother inside the house while "playing" with his father's gun, and who, along with his juvenile delinquent son, got arrested for drug possesion. We were friends with his wife before she left him and moved away.

Don't worry about your neighbor. Smile and wave at him when you see him and go on about your business. He is entitled to his beliefs as long as he doesn't demand that you believe the same.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

All my neighbors know about me now. We are neighbors but we are certainly not neighborly. I am well aware of the talk behind my back and really don't give a shit. Most will wave or nod when I drive by and for the most part are cordial, but i doubt I will be invited for tea anytime soon. Ahh we are planning on moving within the next 6 months anyway.
    I believe therefore I can [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It's amazing to have that kind of power, isn't it Hon?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Gold Member
    There are a few idiots on my street also. I do not associate with my neighbors, I have no desire to.

Unless you are in a small town with few options, there isn't much need to deal with neighbors. Too many other people to be friends with out there.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    You took him to a place he is scared to go or he is still trying to comprehend what he saw.
    Just be nice and wave maybe and he'll get over it.
    The old man next to me was kind of the same way when he saw me dressed for the first time.
    He told me later he didn't know what to say.If he sees me enfemme now he just waves and says hello ma'am with a smile on his face.

Did you smile? If you smiled he may have taken that as an invitation, you Jezebel. You didn't smile? Well then he took it as you are devil spawn. My direct neighbors on either side don't talk, smile,wave, flip me off... They act like I don't exist. Now if I could just do the same with their dog
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

It's really none of his business how you dress and none of your concern how he may feel about you. Just go about your business and hope that he can mind his. As Linda said, it's nice to have friendly relations with neighbors, but that isn't always the way things work out.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Go on over and ask him to tell you more about his religion!

Frankly as long as he doesn't go around preaching at you, it should make no difference to you. You dont feel the need for his approval do you? If not then dont worry either. Life is just too short for that.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Mark Twain

Personally, I feel bad when people avoid me. Except, I'm a shy person and keep to myself, so that's probably what they feel towards me. But, anyway...what really bugs me the most is not knowing how to respond. So, its almost better to just confront this guy (because he was friendly in the past) and bluntly ask him if that's why he doesn't say hi anymore. If he says he doesn't believe in it, just politely say you respect his view and tell him you are sorry about shocking him. At least you have a chance to educate him a little and show him otherwise you are the same as before. Could be he just doesn't know what to do...
    Chickie

Oh well his loss.

Kelley
    The minute you think of giving up think of the reason you held on for so long

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn Marie View Post
    Or invite him over for a lingerie party! lol
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Sounds like your presentation enfemme trumped his zeal to discuss religion. I must remember this for the next time the front porch preachers come a calling here.

Stay strong remembering we rock girl.

Hugs, Robin

My sister in-law was mad at me for years, not even my fault, one day she told my wife ( her sister) that she was not mad at me any more, her reason it does not do any good to be mad at someone that does not care. So indifference trumps intolerance, live your life as it they are not even there.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by robindee36 View Post
    Sounds like your presentation enfemme trumped his zeal to discuss religion. I must remember this for the next time the front porch preachers come a calling here.

Stay strong remembering we rock girl.

Hugs, Robin

I am going to remember this the next time the recruiters come a calling,
    might even invite them in for a beer?

Loni, we could be on to something here. I suppose the strategy could be extended to door to door solicitors and a wealth of troublesome bell ringers. On your side of the equation, if they're cute and interested, an invitation in might be just the thing.

Finally, a thread we can have a bit of fun with. No serious, heady issues. No snarking. We need to have more of these, or I need to search through a lot more threads to find the light hearted ones.

Hugs, Robin

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn Marie View Post
    Kind of a reverse mission. "Hi I'm ___________ can you tell me about_______?"
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Doesn't sound like you are losing much by not associating with the neighbor. I have 2 that watch EVERYTHING I do. I have not been caught be either of them while I am dressed, at least they don't act like it. I walked out the back door with a skirt on to check my rain gauge and didn't realize what I had done until I headed for the house. No one has spoken of this atrocity, we will all 3 carry it to our graves.
    I never new how masculine I was until I tried to be a woman

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    You took him to a place he is scared to go or he is still trying to comprehend what he saw.
    Just be nice and wave maybe and he'll get over it.
    The old man next to me was kind of the same way when he saw me dressed for the first time.
    He told me later he didn't know what to say.If he sees me enfemme now he just waves and says hello ma'am with a smile on his face.
    Now there's a good neighbor!

Quote Originally Posted by andreanna View Post
    Hmm, where to start. I have been dressing for quite a while now and live alone. When I moved into this house my neighbor was always checking to see what I was doing when I would go out the door. One day he started talking about his religious belief and I promptly told him that I do not talk religion with anyone. Anyway, after being in this place for about 1.5 years now, I was going into the garage and I was made by the neighbor. Yes I was dressed, forms wig, skirt, tank top the works and feeling really good. He called my name, I turned around and the look on his face was priceless, Well that was about a month ago now and he still has not said hello again and has made a beeline for his house or garage if I happen to come outside when he is around. Doesn't matter if I am in drab now. Oh well, I guess I will continue live with his intolerance and live my own life.
    Perfect! I say fences make the best neighbours anyway. Try dressing as a nun some day and take him over some cookies. lol

I'm rather glad that my neighbors aren't terribly familiar. The less familiarity I have with them the less likely it will be that my CDing will cause a problem. If we were friends and I backed out of my driveway dressed, they'd be looking at me closely and perhaps even wanting me to stop and chat. As it is, they may glance in my direction, but if they see long brown hair they will dismiss it as my spouse.

Here in SoCal it is more common to choose friends who have common interests than friends who live next door. I like it that way.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

hell, I really don't care to much about him or his thoughts. Just a curious observation of those that think they are just a bit better than you. It is in a small town, and he and his wife kind of think they own the neighborhood since they had been here for a length of time and just cannot get it thru their head that I grew up here and have moved back into the neighbor hood and house that I grew up in. Nosy neighbors, who needs them, but I like the idea of the lingerie party. haha

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Count yourself lucky, Andreanna.

I used to have a neighbor next door across a 3' fence. (Not allowed to build any higher there!) Whenever I came out on my patio, she'd corral me and start some godawful monologue about anything and everything under the sun. Soon, my mind wished to die! I quite going outside for fear of her seeing me.

One day, my painters pissed her off! She was mad at me for months and turned away whenever she saw me. Those were some of my BEST TIMES out in the patio! Unfortunately, she forgave me and I had to move! Sigh!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    I remember a while back when I had someone trying to find out what I was upto.

they would always try to discover the secret.

I once just let someone find out the secret because we almost came to blows and I wanted them to know that a guy who wears dresses,looks good in them and is over 6' 1"

is no push over.

I know some don't aprove but I don't care and if they are going to try that kiddie stuff with me we are gonna have some problems and I am not smiling