Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Neighbors have gone from nosey to very unfreindly

Xmas is coming up, buy a small gift IE: 6-pack of beer, and leave it at his doorstep (to the side not so someone trips over), and a note IE: rough piece of paper NOT card that says Merry Xmas - <Insert name here>

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Its been a while back but I had some people from a local church canvasing the neighborhood and I answered the door wearing pink PJ's.
    The pastor and his wife just stood there in shock, never said a word and just turned around and went on their way.

Some of the situations mentioned so far on this thread may appear to be hopeless, but most of the others appear to be opportunities. How many more people would be on "our side" in social acceptance and in legislative support if each of us managed to "convert" just two people?

Instead of talk about ignoring them or bluster about how we could beat them physically, why not sit them down over a cuppa tea and have a chat with them, explaining what transgender is all about?

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    Last edited by Persephone; 08-31-2013 at 01:43 AM.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Small town in western Kansas middle of nowhere
    I wish I lived out somewhere where I had no neighbors. Even the ones who don't live right next door here are so nosey it's just down right annoying. Then they get angry of the least little thing, like one day I came home and UPS had left a package for me and a neighbor was there looking it over. The best one was once while I was gone for the day working an old friend of my wife and I stopped by the house as he was passing through town. She called me and told me he was there but I was 15 miles away and no way to get there to see him. As soon as I got home the neighbor lady from across the street rushed over to tell me some strange man had spent over two hours inside my house while I was gone. When I told her to mind her own business she told me she was just looking out for my best interests.

If you have neighbors you just have to put up with the nonsense and try to be pleasant. The rest is up to them.
    "It takes all kinds of kinds" Miranda Lambert
    Now some point a finger and let ignorance linger
    If they'd look in the mirror they'd find.
    That ever since the beginning to keep the world spinning
    It takes all kinds of kinds.

Andreanna, love the name. Having neighbors is like having family, sometimes we don't see eye-to-eye. I had a neighbor once who was quite a crotchety old sort. Once during a three year drought we got into a disagreement over water rights, it became quite heated even after I offered for him to allow his horses onto my property to water as many times a day as he needed to. Anyway he would not talk to, or acknowledge me in any way. I would wave to him, talk to him, even left a couple of gifts for him, all to no avail. Finally I was coming down the road one day very close to Christmas and there he was coming up the road leading a couple of horses. Knowing he could not retreat, I parked my car in the middle of the road, got out and began to walk along side of him. I greeted him and made small talk, he was so sour faced, but I persisted (something I am good at, ask my wife) finally he broke like a twig his face softened and he began to take part in our exchange. Later that week I left a tin of homemade cookies and roasted pecans on his porch for Christmas. We remained true neighbors, even after I moved to a larger farm, until he passed about ten years a ago. There is always hope.
    Good Luck,
    Regina

Good for you girl. I hate nosy neighbors. Looks like you solved the problem. Daviolin
    [SIZE="6"]
    [/SIZE]
    A CD AND HIS WARDROBE, ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING.

Hey thanks for the tip on how to get religious people to leave me alone.

Silver Member
    Don't worry about it, life without him will be better. I would quit trying to be inconspicuous. Wait till he is out and go get your mail. Better yet take some cookies over while he is at work and make friends with his wife. Wear a cute dress when you do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    Some of the situations mentioned so far on this thread may appear to be hopeless, but most of the others appear to be opportunities. How many more people would be on "our side" in social acceptance and in legislative support if each of us managed to "convert" just two people?

Instead of talk about ignoring them or bluster about how we could beat them physically, why not sit them down over a cuppa tea and have a chat with them, explaining what transgender is all about?

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    No. Never. Not in a million years. These people need to be avoided at all costs to the point that they are practically invisible to you. You can never change the mind of a bigoted moron. But you can beat them senseless if they try to physically attack you.

I cant wait to move into the country. I am a very private sort of person. Personally, there is no reason I can see to spend time on neighbors, if they cant be nice and open minded then they can stay away.

Quote Originally Posted by dragdoll View Post
    ............... You can never change the mind of a bigoted moron. ............
    That's not true. Many of the people who were dead set against racial integration eventually came to realize that it was wrong and that all people should be treated equally. Some didn't of course, but many did.

I don't understand all this negativity towards one's neighbors. Life is too short to spend it hating people unless you have a really good reason.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Quote Originally Posted by linda allen View Post
    That's not true. Many of the people who were dead set against racial integration eventually came to realize that it was wrong and that all people should be treated equally. Some didn't of course, but many did.

I don't understand all this negativity towards one's neighbors. Life is too short to spend it hating people unless you have a really good reason.
    Right, but remember the people who changed their mind about racial integration were obviously intelligent, whereas the ones that didn't are forever ignorant and should be rejected.

Some people do have a really good reason to hate their neighbors. The scum that live 4 houses down from me turned a decent rental property into a drug house.

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    ........................ Instead of talk about ignoring them or bluster about how we could beat them physically, why not sit them down over a cuppa tea and have a chat with them, explaining what transgender is all about?

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    Love the response, sounds like the proper way to talk.

In addition , at least you now have a meeting home for you other TG/CD friends.
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Platinum Member
    Hi Andreanna, He may still be shell shocked and will probably need counseling now.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    Every time I read a thread about neighbors, it tempts me to go out to check the mail in my most feminine dress. My neighbors are political refugees from a country in the Middle East that likes to call America the "Great Satan", and yet the lady of that family still talks to me the same after seeing me mow my yard in a skirt, even down here in the Bible Belt.

I can relate to that, my boyfriend and I live together as a couple, we have been together for 2 years now. I'm sure all the neighbors wonder, they see us going to work, me dressed drab during the workweek, then on the weekend, I "magically"turn into a woman and they see us going out for a night. We are beyond that now, they can think whatever they want, as long as they leave us alone.

Quote Originally Posted by dragdoll View Post
    ......... Some people do have a really good reason to hate their neighbors. The scum that live 4 houses down from me turned a decent rental property into a drug house.
    OK, that's a good enough reason, but why not resolve it by calling the police every time you see any drug activity? If the home is in a community with restrictive covenants, that would be another avenue. Report them to the HOA or whatever group enforces the covenants. Do both.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

I think that you should just ignore him. Don't pay him any mind, and just go about your way. They weren't great neighbors by what you describe anyways after a year and a half.

Quote Originally Posted by Allison Chaynes View Post
    My neighbors are political refugees from a country in the Middle East that likes to call America the "Great Satan", and yet the lady of that family still talks to me the same after seeing me mow my yard in a skirt, even down here in the Bible Belt.
    I'm not sure which country you mean, but if you're referring to Iran, I am not surprised. Persians historically are among the most cultured and tolerant people in the Middle East; the current reign of terror by theocrats in their country is not a reflection on the Iranian people in general.

Silver Member
    I just think that it is fun to yank peoples chains from time to time. Today most people don't know their neighbors. So they see someone come and go and can't figure out what they are up to. You might want to get some religious signs for your front yard.

You probably did yourself a favour.
    Let it be known that you come from Mars next.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by lingerieLiz View Post
    ..... Today most people don't know their neighbors. ............
    My former neighbors on one side used to come over and sit on the porch and drink with us in the evenings. Same for the woman diagonally across the street until she left her husband and moved away. I help the one on the other side with home repairs and fixing up his trailer for his yard work. He gets my mail when we are away and we get his. He mows our lawn if we're away and it needs it.

You don't have to know your neighbors if you don't want to, but in many ways it's a nicer neighborhood if you do. Good neighbors will watch your house when you are away and call you or the police or fire department if necessary.

We've had pretty much the same situation wherever we have lived. Neighbors helping neighbors.