Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ear rings

ear rings

I got the ok from the wife and got both my ears pierced Tuesday. A few pretty boy comments from friends but for the most part no big deal.
    Wife still says a little weird but after 23yrs of no ear rings that was to be expected. She is truly amazing. I already new that, but to go from scared to death of her finding out, to where we are today is just such a free feeling.
    Clip-ons were working but this just felt right for me.
    This may not be a hot thread, but I wanted to spread the word how fortunate I am.

Congratulations! It sounds like you have a very accepting wife. Getting my ears pierced seems like such a huge step for some reason. Enjoy the HUGE selection of ear rings that are now available to you!
    "Oh my God, I realized, it's not that we're screwed up; it's just that we've been trained to thnk so."
    ~Rick Novic, Alice in Genderland

I had mine pierced in the spring of 2011, a week after getting a pedicure where the technician painted my nails. The pedicure was a Father’s Day present from my Daughter at my Wife’s suggestion. At the time she didn’t fully support my having my ears pierced, although decades previously when she had her ears done she had suggested I also have mine pierced – dress code at work at the time prevented me from having it doing then.

I have received only one comment and that from our mechanic who commented that I might be trying to recapture my youth and going through a mid-life crisis, but getting my ears pierced was a whole lot cheaper than buying a Porsche. Also of note, I haven’t received any negative comments on having painted toes.

I have a small pair of inlaid studs with a turquoise and coral pattern reminiscent of a Native American design that I wear on most days while drab. There certainly is a much wider selection of pierced earrings than there are of the clip-on variety and I much prefer wearing the pierced to clip-ons.
    Babs

I got mine done a couple of months ago now. I've never got any negative comments about it. I had plain black button studs put in but now I have some more masculine comic book ones lol. Obviously when in girl mode I have a wicked choice of feminine ones instead. I love that I did it.

And it is nice to hear your SO is accepting of it. I don't think ear piercings are that much of a big deal anyway. So many guys have them already. There's nothing strange about it.
    I've always been the kind of girl that hid my face, so afraid to tell the world, what I've got to say. But I have this dream bright inside of me. No more hiding who I wanna be. This is me.

Platinum Member
    Hi LitleJohn, I'm so happy for you . That's still something on my bucket list.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I got mine pierced a little over a year ago. In male mode, I have little gold balls and little diamonds (not real). In female mode, I love to wear dangling earrings. I love how they feel and how they look. Clip ons cannot compare.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

I probably spend as much on earrings as I do on shoes! I have a few studs, but lots of hoops and dangly ones. Several pairs of chandeliers.

My wife pierced mine about 40 years ago.

Leah
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.

I'm not at the stage where I'm ready to actually poke holes in my body, even though I would really like too. I have the desire to have the wide range of choices, but too much of a trade off. Where I have been super fortunate is my GF has gotten me into jewelry making. So I'm getting pretty good a adapting standard designs to clip-ons. Honestly, I think it make dressing a little bit more special to me where the jewelry is of my own creation.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Yay for you! Now you can wear big hoops! I love wearing big hooped earrings in girl mode. In boy mode I wear gold studs.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

You do need prompting and support to get your ears done.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by litlejohn View Post
    I got the ok from the wife and got both my ears pierced Tuesday. A few pretty boy comments from friends but for the most part no big deal.
    Wife still says a little weird but after 23yrs of no ear rings that was to be expected. She is truly amazing. I already new that, but to go from scared to death of her finding out, to where we are today is just such a free feeling.
    Clip-ons were working but this just felt right for me.
    This may not be a hot thread, but I wanted to spread the word how fortunate I am.
    Way to go Littlejohn. I did mine years ago and never had a comment. I leave them out in male mode. However I do warn against nose piercing. A while back a male friend decided to have his done. This was in Egypt BTW. Usually they give you a screw-in subtle number but my friend got this straight pinned glass bead on the end of a stick that looked like a carbunkle on the side of his nose. We sat down in a restaurant and something must have tickled his nose because he sneezed, pinching his nose in the process. Well, of course the carbunkle shot out sideways never to be seen again - hate to think whose dinner it ended up in! Ruined the meal, couldn't stop laughing, still can't!

Gloria

I have pierced ears, when I am woman mode, I wear various styles of earrings all the time. When I am drab mode, nothing, although to the "trained" observer, it would be fairly obvious. I really don't have a problem with that. For women who aren't quite as daring, there are lots of clip on type jewelry that look really good.

Congratulations... You will love it. New earrings are exciting to get. I had mine done almost 2 years ago and am now looking for getting both ears double pierced. They are a great accessory in both modes.

congrats to you! isn't it amazing, that such a little thing like that can make one feel sooooo good...enjoy!!
    paula

i have 3 on each side going for 4 no negative words

My daughter and I went down and got pierced together, and the six weeks healing period was a very long time!

Now I'm healed and loving my ears! For male mode I went to Claire's accessories and found a card of 20 crystal studs in a rainbow of colors for $20. I love being able to wear earrings that go well with my male-mode shirts. I will be wearing a gold hoop in male mode on Sept. 19th. Can anyone guess why?

Of course, I've acquired a fair number of femme earrings too. Charming Charlie's is addictive and Mimi and I found this great jewelery shop at Ontario Mills outlets that had some very nice silver earrings.

Enjoy your ears, and do take good care of them. Use a swab and put the disinfectant on them two or three times a day, giving them a twirl at the same time.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

just watch out for that darn body scrubber in the shower the holes are just the right size to grab the earrings..eeww still remember the pain.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Congratulations, buying earrings will be so much easier now. No more silly clipons like I wear!

I got mine pieced 2 1/2 weeks ago... can't wait until the healing time is over... and i think my little CZ stud with a purple ring around them are less conspicuous than the ear bruises the clip-ons always seem to give me

Blondes Have More Fun Jennifer Kelly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    I will be wearing a gold hoop in male mode on Sept. 19th. Can anyone guess why?
    Arrr! Sept. 19th be International Talk Like A Pirate Day! Avast, ye scurvy lubbers!

On topic, I'm still doing the clip on thing. Maybe some day I will have them pierced.

Quote Originally Posted by linda allen View Post
    <SNIP> In female mode, I love to wear dangling earrings. I love how they feel and how they look. Clip ons cannot compare.
    Similar to you Linda, except I don't wear anything when out in drab. Most evenings I put my gold studs in unless I'm dressing up. Then, the danglers come out... I still remember the pain when taking clip-ons off. Ouch..!

Litlejohn, look after your ears well for the healing period then the choice is yours... I was perhaps a little naughty in getting mine done 2 years ago when I'd said to my wife 'perhaps' when I retire (in 2 years time) but it was the pain of taking the clip-ons off that finally did it. No adverse comments at work during the healing period and my wife has bought or suggested some nice danglers for me since.

xx Polly
    On a journey from here to there. Mostly here but sometimes there....

When my nephew told me that I should pierce my other ear like he did and how much more in style I would be, I couldn't believe the door it opened for me, I can't believe how much better a dress looks when you have matching earrings on. It is great and i am a cool uncle at the same time. Go figure.

Just got mine pierced about 3 months ago. I wish I had done it ages ago! It's so nice to be able to buy ANY earring I want now, and not try to find clip-ons. The first time I put on a pair of dangling earrings was great. I just wear studs as a guy (no negative comments at all), but I really like the feel of the more feminine hoops and dangling ones when I am dressed. So anyone considering getting pierced, I say "Go for it"!

I have let my hair grow out long. Its past my shoulders now! I have caught some flack for that... people saying its a midlife crisis (I'm 36..... not quite midlife I hope!) and that I need to get a hair cut. I can only imagine what would be said if I got my ears pierced. Don't get me wrong.... I WOULD LOVE to, but I just don't seem to have the courage to do so. I can shave all the hair on my body and walk into an event wearing a dress... those are all temporary.... getting my ears pierced is more of a permanent thing. I don't know....
    "Oh my God, I realized, it's not that we're screwed up; it's just that we've been trained to thnk so."
    ~Rick Novic, Alice in Genderland

Still want to get mine done...still not game.