Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ear rings

I first pierced my ears over 50 years ago and now have three piercings in each lobe. But, with a disapproving wife, I only wear a single stud in public.

I had a single earing in each ear a long time ago (as a guy thing), they've long since closed over now. When I took them out I wasnt fully aware i'd regret it later on...so wish I had them now but have agreed to a nothing to obvious status. Sooo many earings i'd love to have, so jealous!

Gone to live my life
    Hi all,

I had one done many years ago while I was at university (two years away from all military contact) but it has since closed over. Wish I had the ability to get them both done but the heal time (required to wear the studs) would contravene uniform code in the military so alas, that will have to wait. I don't think it is uncommon for a man to have both ears pierced these days so I would not get hung up on one or two . . . when I get out of the military, I am getting both done.

Hugs

Isaha

I have had 2 piercings in my left ear since high school. In my 20s I pierced my belly button. To date I am the only guy I know with that one. A few years ago I got both nipples done. About a month ago I finally did the right ear. I love all of them and love shopping for new jewelry. Now I need to keep my tummy flat. A belly piercing is like highlighter for lack of exercise.

one week in and the response from those i care about has been anything from really to why. i tell them because i wanted to and ask if they expected it from me. answer to that is "No". then i say thats why. daughter (doesn't know)said but dad you're a guy and i told her yes with ear rings. wife doesn't even comment anymore other than she said she has new idea's for christmas. God I love her.
    Like i said the clip ons worked and it was a good challeng to make or adapt earrings to clipons. this was something I was ready to deal with and for the most part it has been a non issue even in the small community i'm in.(everyone knows or asks about everyone elses business.
    5 more weeks to ear ring freedom. yes, I'm excited. Fortunate to have a loving understanding wife.

With all this talk about multiple piercings, I'm beginning to think....Hmmmmm...I've got some nice glittery studs (and I don't mean men!).

Gloria.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy R Lynn View Post
    I have let my hair grow out long. Its past my shoulders now! I have caught some flack for that... people saying its a midlife crisis (I'm 36..... not quite midlife I hope!) and that I need to get a hair cut. I can only imagine what would be said if I got my ears pierced. Don't get me wrong.... I WOULD LOVE to, but I just don't seem to have the courage to do so. I can shave all the hair on my body and walk into an event wearing a dress... those are all temporary.... getting my ears pierced is more of a permanent thing. I don't know....
    Amy - with your hair shoulder length, you have the perfect cover for earrings - long hair.

Banned Read only
    My ears are done but no one ever notices them because my hair covers them.... ughhh. Oh well. Girl problems....

I have just had both mine about an hour ago and my wife hasn't said a word yet Will wait and see what gets said