Thread: People Watching

Gold Member

People Watching

The last few days, I traveled to Texas, (Dallas) by Amtrak.
    Just watching all the people in the stations was a experience
    in it self. Only 1 out of 20 GG where wearing anything like a skirt or dress.
    "Karren" would be in heaven, Jeans where the uniform of the day.
    Most where shorts, and some where ultra short if you get my drift.
    The few that where wearing a "dresses" fell into two categories.
    Maxi and Very Minnie; one GG kept bending over to pick up items
    she drooped out of her bag, and yes she was wearing black under wear.
    One gentleman was wearing white gauze pants, a Gauze top that came down
    to his knees, and had flowers all over the front; It had side slits from
    the waist down, And wore open toe 3" wedges.
    Yes, It was a very entertaining trip.
    Rader

Summer in Florida is much the same only more short shorts there.
    You have to dress age appropriate if you are a guy tho'.
    Rader, I do not think the gauze shorts and top would go well on you.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

A few months ago I posted about my trip to the mall while in MD. Pretty much the same observations except for the gentleman. Getting "dressed up" has pretty much gone out of fashion for both women and men. Even entertainers. Remember Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, etc. Remember the R&B groups? Dressed to the nines when on stage or camera. What do they wear now? Torn blue jeans and a T shirt and baseball cap!
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Aspiring Member
    I Rader

One more post and you reach 5,000. Will be watching for it. People watching provides fantastic entertainment and train stations are one of the best places for it. In the busier ones there are usually hordes of commuters rushing by which makes for good poll taking of fashion styles. Others are sitting long hours awaiting trains and connections, which enables you to observe behavioural traits. I find it to be lots of fun.

Veronica

Quote Originally Posted by linda allen View Post
    A few months ago I posted about my trip to the mall while in MD. Pretty much the same observations except for the gentleman. Getting "dressed up" has pretty much gone out of fashion for both women and men. Even entertainers. Remember Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, etc. Remember the R&B groups? Dressed to the nines when on stage or camera. What do they wear now? Torn blue jeans and a T shirt and baseball cap!
    Sadly, those times are a thing of the past. I have old photographs of family picnics and other gatherings back in the 1920's and 1930's where the gentlemen are playing ball dressed in their collar and tie, with the suit jacket sitting on a nearby bench if not still being worn. Sleeve garters (I'm not sure if they called them that) were worn by the men and most wore suspenders. The women's dresses were all at least calf length. There was also a touch of class to much of the nightclub scene with plush booths, big dance bands, and everyone well dressed. You have to watch the really old movies to capture that elegance now. Today it's all about loud noise and lewd behaviour and appearance. We are witnessing the decay of society for many of the same reasons that befell ancient Rome.

Veronica
    Last edited by Sandra; 09-03-2013 at 09:34 AM. Reason: merged consecutive posts,

Of course you realize that when you "people watch" those people can watch back equally Hon.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

You can dress femme in jeans or shorts and a tee top. A dress or skirt and top are my favorites, but when going out, I like to blend in as much as possible, so its nearly age appropriate clothing. I am 64 so I wear clothes that women in their 50's wear in public, just a little trick to make yourself look younger. At home it is usually short skirts or dresses, with a plunge that I would not ever be caught wearing in public for fear my breast forms might show. I have not gone out enfemme to more formal events where I could wear my favorite outfits, because everyone is looking very closely at each other and I could never pass under the close scrutiny.

Platinum Member
    Hi Rader, That 1 out of 20 was probably one of us all dressed up.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I've been traveling a bit for work lately, so I've been doing the airport people watching. There's only so much time you can spend on the laptop, so people watching is a much better distraction. Some of it just makes me want to claw my eyes out. OK, I'll dress comfortable and in drab, jeans and a polo, but very presentable still. Then you have flip flops and pajamas, can't say I call that proper out and about wear. So I typically play the "do I dress better than her" game. I'm usually in the 90% yes range.

Gold Member
    [QUOTE=Veronica27;3284513] I Rader

One more post and you reach 5,000. Will be watching for it. Veronica[QUOTE]

I did post my 5,000 post; but it was deleted. O' Well, maybe this time.
    Rader

Just can't help myself! Brenda456's Avatar
    This summer, I took a trip to Italy. There, the men frequently dressed better than the women. It was interesting.

It is getting so that when you wear a skirt or dress people look at you twice because you dont fit in
    What good is being a crossdresser and wearing pants. Takes the fun out of it.
    No stockings any more either. booo hoo