Thread: A very subtle CD pride t-shirt

A very subtle CD pride t-shirt

I was surfing T-shirt sites and came across this gem. If you don't know Monty Python it won't make any sense, but for those who do...

http://shirt.woot.com/offers/im-a-lumberjack
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Give in, girl-out, enjoy Krista1985's Avatar
    Ha nice find. Great skit/song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zey8567bcg

Platinum Member
    Brings to mind "Norwegian blue parrots" and pet shops.

Or the Ministry of Silly Walks. The group actually later apologized for that skit fearing they had offended some people.

Why do they even bother offering men's sizes? Gonna go press some wildflowers now...
    Life is an endless struggle full of frustrations and challenges, but eventually you find a hairstylist you like.

I think that shirt's great, though I wouldn't have the nerve to wear it. The Lumberjack Song is sort of my main theme song. I often spontaneously break into it when I'm alone. I have a fantasy where I get fed up at something at work, say "sod this, I never wanted to do this. I wanted to be... a lumberjack!" and then recite the complete intro, "leaping from tree to tree as they float down the mighty rivers of British Columbia," etc., before standing on a table and singing the song.

It's rather amazing to think that the sketch that inspired the shirt was performed in 1969, nearly 44 years ago! It was made up on the spot at the end of a day as an "out" for the "barbershop sketch" which nobody really remembers!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    It's rather amazing to think that the sketch that inspired the shirt was performed in 1969, nearly 44 years ago! It was made up on the spot at the end of a day as an "out" for the "barbershop sketch" which nobody really remembers!
    I remember seeing the song performed by non-Pythons on "The Gong Show" in the late '70s, complete with a group of Mounties. Jaye P. Morgan gonged them. Her rational was that she thought they were singing, "I eats all night," and that disgusted her. They hadn't even got to the "I puts on women's clothing" part yet.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    But then again Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.

Don't forget your "suspenders and a bra"....
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Eryn,
    a good find.
    Do I get it?
    Sure!
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    My wardrobe needs more Monty Python stuff in it!

Yup, I love Monty Python and their lumberjack sketch. I was able to pick up on the message the very first time I saw it. I was still deep in the closet then but I realized how far ahead of their time they were in presenting the whole concept of crossdressing as only they could.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Quote Originally Posted by Jilmac View Post
    Yup, I love Monty Python and their lumberjack sketch. I was able to pick up on the message the very first time I saw it. I was still deep in the closet then but I realized how far ahead of their time they were in presenting the whole concept of crossdressing as only they could.
    ... even to the point of suggesting that it could be in the genes.
    Rachel,

As a crossdresser my personality has several facets. Therefore, I suppose I can be forgiven for being facetious.

Before even looking at the shirt, the Lumberjack song was clicking in my mind. Really, its the only thing that I understood about cross dressing at the time being somewhat "normal"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Follow me on Facebook
    http://facebook.com/ceri4certain

Eryn, what a flash from the past. Wonder if that is where I came up with the idea to 'put on women's clothing and hang around in bars'. Too bad our community was not more open in those days. I might have been a cute 20's something Tgirl

Oh well, got to make the best of what you have.

Hugs, Robin (who did not get her ears pierced, boo hoo)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post
    Don't forget your "suspenders and a bra"....
    Cheryl, I wonder how many of the Yanks understand the suspenders double meaning? In the UK they may hold up your trousers, but it is also common parlance for what we call garters. (Or so I believe).

Hugs, Robin
    Last edited by Eryn; 09-06-2013 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Merged consecutive posts. Please use the edit or multiquote buttons to avoid consecutive posts.

You believe right Robin...and we Yanks get it...at least this gal does...Lol.
    And remember the rest ... "just like my dear Mama"...so true
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Cheryl, dear mama was my initial source of 'things' to try on. So there may be another subtle reference here.

The Pythons, and other comedic groups of the time, operated at several levels of understanding. The blatantly obvious and the more circumspect. In this regard, some may remember Proctor and Bergman in their Firesign Theater repertoire.

Things are not always what they seem to be but sometimes they are.

Hugs girl, Robin

And of course "Life of Brian" actually had a transgender character.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFBOQzSk14c
    "Butterflies and zebras and moonbeams and fairytales"
    You can read my blog if you like, or peruse my photos if you feel like it.

"suspenders and a bra"....
    it should come in white so you can see a bra underneath. But then not maybe so subtle...