Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Last Day Working as a Male

Last Day Working as a Male

Today was my last day working as a male at my department. As of Monday I start work as Stephanie. They have started making changes to the various computer systems and asked me if I would care if some changed over before Monday since the IT people don't work weekends. I told them that I would prefer changes happen before Monday than have some still not changed by then.

Tonight when I was working, I locked my computer and it showed my name as Stephanie. Later I got an email and it was sent to Stephanie despite my male name still displaying on Outlook. I sent an email to my private email and it showed that it came from Stephanie.

It was an awesome feeling to see that on a work computer.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Stephanie...this is wonderful news! I know that it may be a rough moment for you on Monday, and its wonderful that the company you work for is being proactive (I know that they are supposed to anyway but...) and a big new "Hi" and "Welcome" to you on Monday!

I'm really happy for you Stephanie, things like these can really make ones day =) I wish you all the best on monday!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Call me Steina

Great news. Iit will most likely be confusing for a bit. Take it in stride and have some fun with the confusion.
    "When failure is off the table the only thing left is to negotiate levels of success" M Hobbes

"Never Let your Fear Decide Your Fate" Awolnation

"A new dawn destroys the tranquility of the darkness" Steph W

Silver Member
    Big day, Stephanie. I'm happy for you. Your preparation sounds exemplary and I'm sure it will go well as a result.
    Lea

Another huge hurdle crossed. You have every right to be proud.

Platinum Member
    Thats wonderful, Steph. Congratulations on taking another huge step into your new life!

Congratulations Stephanie! You will have to share your 1st official day with us too!
    Till then enjoy your weekend!

Make sure and let us know how Monday goes

Oh my how wonderful! Congratulations to you and all the best in your Real Life! Yay!
    ​​ღϠ₡ღ✻ Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡✻ ღϠ₡ღ✻

No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent
    Eleanor Roosevelt

​​​ღϠ₡ღ✻ Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡✻ ღϠ₡ღ✻

Congratulations from the heart , that picture of your computer screen is as beautiful as any glam-shot you might post of yourself!!!
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

I really only have one word to say about this but I think I need to add others to actually make it work well. Congratulations, wonderful, terrific, have a great day, have fun and enjoy.

I'm really delighted for you and I wish you all the best!!!

I totally get the computer screen thing...

it's better than seeing your name up in lights!!

Banned Read only
    Uh Oh, take a deep breath, say a prayer, and go get 'em. It is Real as of Monday!

I am so happy for you. I know you will do just fine. I don't know about the computer screen thing....

I really enjoyed seeing my name up in lights.

Silver Member
    Very happy for you and hope it goes well

Aspiring Member
    Stephanie,
    You are a woman. Now own it! You go girl. Leanne

That is so cool Steph! You have a great workplace by the sounds of it. Time to move on to better things.

Aspiring Member
    Congrats, Stephanie! I can only imagine how awesome seeing the computer lock screen with your female name on it would be. Looking forward to hearing how Monday goes!

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    I can still recall when that happened for me 3 years ago. It is the most wonderful feeling! Congratulations Stephanie
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

I remember that day fondly! Congratulations, I wish you a very smooth on-the-job transition ... and a sense of humor for the inevitable nuisance complications that will arise.
    ~ Kimberly

“To escape criticism do nothing, say nothing, be nothing." - Elbert Hubbard

Very cool Stephanie, I'm so happy for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Follow me on Facebook
    http://facebook.com/ceri4certain

Gold Member
    That's awesome! A great way to be sent off into the weekend.

Go Stephanie!!!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

I can only imagine the nervous excitement that you are feeling! Go get em girl! Congrats! I'm sure Monday will be just fine. Its great to be working for an accepting employer.
    "Oh my God, I realized, it's not that we're screwed up; it's just that we've been trained to thnk so."
    ~Rick Novic, Alice in Genderland

Yeah, that's pretty cool. Seeing my new name in all the little mundane things (email, cards, door sign, parking space) was really neat.

This is what it's all about.

Take a breath and enjoy the feeling.
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com