Thread: Wife Suggested Moving Somewhere to CD Full Time

Silver Member

Wife Suggested Moving Somewhere to CD Full Time

My wife likes when I am dressed and encourages me to be dressed whenever possible. She knows I am very happy and she is too. But she wants to find the most accepting places. Where would you consider living?
    Last edited by heatherdress; 09-16-2013 at 01:19 AM.

That sounds amazing Heather! What a wonderfull wife you have. Unfortunately can't be a help with places to live (not from that part of the world), but hope both of you find happiness the right place!

Hugs
    Transgender girl

omg!! how lucky are you!! what a wonderful and considerate wife you have!!
    does she have an older sister?? lol
    paula

That is a pretty awesome situation you are in. If you are wanting a place where you can go out en femme then I would suggest Eureka Springs, AR. Here is a link to the citys website.
    http://www.eurekasprings.com/alternative/index.html

Sounds like you won the lottery there. Lovely wife and no employment worries. What a dream life.....Ellie

Junior Member Stephanie Voorhees's Avatar
    My wife and I have talked about this as well. The only difference being that I could go out as Heather whenever I pleased without worry of running into someone I know. I like being my male self sometimes as well.

Why not consider where you live now? A lot of people think that they need to move to some "accepting" place, when sometimes all one needs is their own inner courage and an ability to endure an occasional negative comment.

What a wonderful life changing idea.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

From what I've looked into, some places in Colorado. And the Pacific Northwest look like pretty amazing places for anyone with an alternative lifestyle. I personally would like to end up around Portland or Seattle.
    Finally decided on a name! Lindsey

"Let us step into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure."
    J.K. Rowling

Banned Read only
    Portland would be a good choice if the weather agrees with you. It's beautiful in Oregon, and very trans friendly according to a friend of mine who lives there.

LA SF Denver, Boston, Manhattan, and VT all are accepting places that have something unique to offer

Gone to live my life
    Hi Heather,

Lovely and wonderful news for you and your wife, you are obviously committed to one another. I hope you find a place and begin living your life as you wish.

Hugs

Isha

Banned Read only
    There is no place where living as a cross dresser will be accepted among all. Some neighbor will not like it, some residents will deride you for it. That's the nature of being in a super minority. So why move?

On a mind pleasurable exercise your post is so appealing, but on a practical reality check , I agree with Jennifer that there will always be problems wherever you live. Good luck in your research

Hi Heather,

I travel a lot with my job and dress in many cities. One of the most openly accepting places has been Portland, OR. That said, I have gone out in a wide variety of places with little or no issues. St Louis, Kansas City, Omaha, Wichita (I live in the Midwest) have all been completely trouble free. I have even dressed in smaller more rural towns and gone out to restaurants, malls, clubs (straight and gay). One of my surprise places was Joplin, MO, a considerably redneck place and have had no problems. Depending on how you dress and how well you pass, you may get looks here and there. Someone may comment, may hear an occasional chuckle as you pass by, but no problems. My thoughts.....live where you want to live. Just like Miranda Lambert says in her song......."it takes all kinds of kinds"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Follow me on Facebook
    http://facebook.com/ceri4certain

Platinum Member
    Wonderful. There are plenty of places that would be good...most major metro areas, for starters. I live in Houston and think full time old be a snap here. You might, however opt for someplace cooler

With retirement fast approaching the thought has been prevalent in my mind.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Silver Member
    Thanks for all the suggestions.

Certainly know we could stay where we live now. But we may want to downsize our home, maybe live in a less expensive cost of living area. Some areas are more inclined to be better settings than others for greater acceptance. No one expects 100% acceptance.

I think the most accepting place to live would be San Fransisco!!!! BTW, I SOOOO ENVY YOU!!!!!

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

Quote Originally Posted by MadisonL View Post
    That is a pretty awesome situation you are in. If you are wanting a place where you can go out en femme then I would suggest Eureka Springs, AR. Here is a link to the citys website.
    http://www.eurekasprings.com/alternative/index.html
    I fully agree with Madison. We've been there and have had a great time. Completely open and accepting of all lifestyles.

Not wanting to be a party-pooper but I must ask. If you're living full time are you happy with that also. After a while that can be a drag unless you're looking to transition. As for me I would love the opportunity at first, but I don't want to lose the male me completely.

I would think if your at the point that your talking about living full time as a girl, then your at the point where your probably thinking about augmentation, hormones, etc.. I would think a few unaccepting yahoos would be the last thing on your mind at this point.

Get dressed, Be sexy , Enjoy life!!!
    "a little duct tape on the nipples is a small price to pay for beauty"

Only a few states have transgender rights laws so I would look at that.

At my old job I spoke in confidence about transitioning (just thinking about it) and they told me that under law I had no rights as a transitioning tgirl. If I was gay, I did have some rights, so the bottom-line advice was "Be gay." As I was married at the time that wasn't very helpful. TG rights bills are proposed almost every year in many states and almost always die in committee.