Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone bumped into a friend on here?

Has anyone bumped into a friend on here?

Have you ever recognised one of your friends on this forum and been equally surprised with one another?

Not happened to me but it sounds like one of those things in a film that may happen in real life when posting up pics on the Boy mode vs Girl mode section!

If not how do you thin you'd react? Would you PM them or would you text them on their mobile? Or would you not confront them at all and pretend that you never saw them?

Personally I'd maybe send them a very sensitive PM to them, hoping that it's ok that I know and that they know I CD too, so they should relax.
    Be whoever you want to be. Screw what others think. It's their loss....

I'd be thrilled to know that someone I know understands I'd PM them right away, as likely they are in the exact same position -- nobody or very few people around them that know or accept it.
    I have friends online that I can talk to, but nobody in real life that knows (except my wife, and she doesn't accept it, so I can't talk to her).

I keep secretly hoping that someone I know will recognize me, and the fact that they are here or other similar forums would indicate a level of acceptance.

Not here.... but through online sites I've found and contacted a coworker who also crossdressers and the father of a couple off my kids school mates who is TG.....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

If a friend and I discovered each other here, I would imagine we would both burst out laughing. And then get together for serious talks.

Oh, that's easy, I would immediately PM. Our friendship just jumped to a new level. I've met a number of other girls here in my travels, and the time we are able to visit with each other is always so awesome, so having an existing friend would be so great.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Follow me on Facebook
    http://facebook.com/ceri4certain

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Hasn't happened for me yet unfortunately. I closely examine all posted pics of the Brits on here in the vain hope that I recognise someone I know. Maybe they are lurking and not out in public?

So now this begs the question, has anyone recognised me and not said so? Would I care? Bring it on

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Not as of yet. But I'm very new here. So who knows maybe oneday.

Not yet Hon but a good friend's brother is a TG nurse( and dresses en femme for work) in Germany and that ain't no "urban legend".
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Hasn't happened to me but i think it would be interesting and fun.

Jessie White
    This is one of those things I wish would happen! But my paranoia keeps me from revealing anything truly personal about myself on here, so I have no idea how any of my friends would find me!

If we did somehow find each other I would PM them right away and just get chatting, and of course arrange a meetup!

That would be pretty awkward, but also pretty convenient I guess.

Not yet, but it would certainly be fun to have happen I think. We would have more in common then we ever knew. I would certainly PM them. One of my former co-workers did transition but I haven't seen her here but I usually don't go to the TG part of the forum.
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

I have not met any pre-Allie friends nor acquaintances. I have however met people who went to the same schools as I did. Karren graduated after me at my Upper Peninsula university in Michigan, and another non-active member here, Megan, graduated after me from the same high school that I did back in Detroit, an all boys Catholic school!
    Last edited by AllieSF; 09-11-2013 at 06:45 PM. Reason: filled in missing text

It depends on how well I know them. If they're only a casual acquaintance I might try to get to know them better in person before saying anything. If I know them well I would either know not to say anything, they would already know about me, or they wouldn't be surprised so I could talk to them in person or PM to say hi. If someone recognizes me on here they're welcome to reach out to me, or not, as they see fit. Who knows, it might take our friendship to a whole new level.

I have met several people from here out in the real world. We usually say Hi...I know you from... and then go separate ways to either email or PM later.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Oh, that's easy, I would immediately PM. Our friendship just jumped to a new level. I've met a number of other girls here in my travels, and the time we are able to visit with each other is always so awesome, so having an existing friend would be so great.
    I'd feel that way too and that it would be great to know someone in the real world who understands me, but at the same time I'd worry if I'd be somehow outed to all my friends and acquaintences lol.

This just recently happened to me, like in the last six weeks. I got a PM that started out: hope you're sitting down. It really was the boy vs girl pictures that confirmed it for her. What's even more interesting is that we were co-workers for about eight years and good friends. We've both since retired, but remain friends and are planning a GNO soon. I didn't freak out at all because it just goes with the territory. And I am who I am. We have e-mailed and talked a few times and got through all the usual discovery things and are just continuing on like nothing is unusual. I'm not going to disclose who she is (she's) active on this board. If she chooses to reply to this thread then I guess everybody will figure it out. For me, it really was no big deal as I am rarely surprised by much anymore. So I'm looking to forward to having some fun with her.

Not Me, but would love to as I don't have any known CD friends . I could have many and don't know.
    DDee

Gold Member
    Not here but on Facebook. For almost 20 years I have been a member of a discussion group for a particular sports team. One day I located a friend from high school on Facebook and found that he was gay and married. And his hobby was gender friendly dance clubs. I went to the web site and one of the officer's names I recognized. I compared email addresses and sure enough it was one of the guys I had been talking with for many years. So I looked at my friend's Facebook and they were friended. I then went to his page (this wasn't as much work as it sounds like) and there he was in his avatar in a dress. No wig, no make-up, and out to the world. I never knew because we were too busy talking baseball (obviously not a topic you blurt out in a sports group). I suspect he knows I know because I brought up that his friend was one of mine from high school and we had a bit of a talk about that. But I didn't tell him about me because I hadn't told my friend. It seemed way too awkward after 30 years to go "Hi! You're gay? Well I am trans." Nah, not very cooth.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Be nice to find a friend on here in that way.
    I might PM them or just let them think I don't know and pop the question via a phone call later sometime.

Not yet. (crosses fingers).
    I would immediately send a PM. I would love a shopping buddy.
    And if we wear the same size, I double my wardrobe.

I have not recognized anyone I know on this forum and nobody has contacted me. I try to keep my dressing private so I am careful what photos I post and what personal information I give out.

I've wondered about a couple photos, but this forum has members from all over the world so the chance of me knowing a member personally outside of crossdressing is pretty slim.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Not yet but I have made good friends from this site. I definately think that counts for a lot!

Not yet, and i am actually getting more paranoid as time goes on, rather than less- i see so many of my ex-students out in the area- keep running into them. Have to be careful to be able to pass or at least not look like myself if i do go out publicly CD. Eek.

I have not met anyone I knew before Amy, but I sure have made some nice friends off this site and meet most of them in person. Some meetings have developed into a long standing friendship.

Just for the record....I would love to meet a school friend or something I knew before Amy came along.