Thread: Moving to bay area.

Arrow Moving to bay area.

I have a job offer from a company in Bay area and if I accept it, then I will be moving in about 3 weeks. I liked San Diego very much, it is a laid back place with a very Trans and LGBT friendly area like Hillcrest. But i don't like my job here. Here in San Diego, I spent my weekend evenings mostly at trans friendly bar SRO lounge (sometimes dressed) shooting pool and making friends.

I would appreciate if someone gave some insider tips on SF.

Are there similar bars over there? Can I drive to these places or have to take public transit?

I want to be able to commute easily between Sunnyvale for work and SF for weekends. Where would be my best option to live?

Any other activities or cool places to visit whether dressed or not?

: Are you there?

I'm here! There are some great places to go. I'm about to go to sleep, but I'll definitely get back to you.

Bay area here as well, though I'm not really familiar with the local scene at all.

A great place to live. PM me and I can fill you in a little. Though I am more into human friendly places versus the LGBT ones.

I grew up in the Bay Area, moved to SD about 15 years ago, and then moved back to the Bay Area 6 years ago. The Bay Area has a lot of trans places and activities, many in the South Bay. You don't have to go to SF all the time. If you are working in Sunnyvale, traffic can be a nightmare, just as bad as SD some places.

Robyn

If your new job is in Sunnyvale, then you need to decide where you want to live and how much time you want to spend commuting. If you plan to live in the city, then you can look into Caltrain to see where the closest stop is to your new office, many of the offices have shuttles that will take you to and from the train station.

If you live in the city (SF) then you can do so without a car, however, look at your public transportation options, muni is terribly unreliable, caltrain is pretty good and bart has been planing to strike for the past 4 months....

I'm not sure about the scene, but SF is very LGBT friendly and has many different bars to choose from and neighborhoods as well. Rent in the city is going through the roof right now so keep that in mind when looking at the new job offer

There is no easy commute anywhere that I'm aware of, so definitely try and stay close to work if you can. That part of the South Bay is the best part as far as I'm concerned but you're still much closer to San Jose than (Diablo) Valley girls like Allie and I. However, we're all about equidistant from SF though I think crossing the bridge is probably easier than making it up the Peninsula is sometimes. I guess if you lived in San Mateo it wouldn't be that bad, and that's a fairly reasonable place to live for that area in regard to cost of living. Plus it's right next to Burlingame and they have some great little shops and restaurants. That also puts you right on the San Mateo bridge which would get you to the East Bay, the Valley and even Oakland fairly quickly outside of commute hours. Living on the peninsula side of the South Bay has it's advantages because you can always get into the city without relying on the bridge which means no bridge tolls. It's a great area I think.

You're gonna love it in the SF Bay, it's a wonderful place to live. I own my little piece of dirt here in Concord and I will never leave this magical place. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

Thank you all for your responses everyone. I have found a shared house in mountain view and they are cool with my situation. Next I will start exploring sf bay once I come there. I hope I can meet some of you.

@AllieSF, thanks for offering to chat via PM. I will contact you one I settle there. I will be moving next week.

I meet Allie out some also. Let me know when you are settled in. Welcome to SF Bay Area!
    Hugs
    Suzanne

The roommates backed out as their close friend needed a room immediately and they rented it out to him. :-/

I wish I can find compatible roommates here...

Good luck! Maybe some day I'll be able make it to San Fran.