Thread: What

What drags us out that door.

I am a happily married man with two children and lead a very simple life, not looking for a lot, just pray for health and try to smile everyday. It's so easy, why must I make it so hard. I choose to keep my dressing in the closet, I am very happy if I could get three or four hours a week to myself and dress and just relax and with my wife being accepting it makes it even easier. That's to easy isn't it. Sunday afternoon kids both go out, wife's going out to meet a friend and now it's Maria time. With lots of time I go full out make-up and all. I look outside and see both neighbours are also out, before my wife leaves I ask her if she can pull a lawn chair close to the door since the neighbours are not home maybe I will sit outside. She's a sweet heart, she pulls the chair up and gives me the warning to be careful, a kiss on the cheek and off she goes, I pour a glass of wine and go outside and sit on the lawn chair. I am being careful every sound I am like a deer in the forest reacting to every sound, at that point I ask myself? Why? What makes me do this to myself, taking a chance of being seen and not even relaxing being so careful of ever sound. It's so much easier just to stay inside, yes it is a great feeling the sun on my pantyhose the cool air up my skirt but at what price will I pay if I get seen out there. I go inside and I stare at the door that I just entered and again I ask myself, why? What is it that drags me out that door, I could be so safe if I stay in, what game is my mind playing with me. I have to ask the question. What is it that makes us take theses chances? Why do we have to so badly walk out that door. I don't understand what super power it is, but it is powerful.
    Last edited by Maria 60; 09-09-2013 at 06:43 PM.

Platinum Member
    Maria, it's not the sunshine you're seeking. It's the opportunity to experience life beyond the confines of your house or back yard. You might ask yourself, "Is that so terribly bad?"

What price would you pay, if any? Are you, by virtue of dressing as a woman, somehow threatening the lives and well being of others! I would submit that you are not!

It's not so,e external force that's working on you. It's simply a desire to be part of the world you inhabit without hiding or denying that YOU exist. I don't feel that is unreasonable. Do you?

It's human nature!

Maria,

I think it is human nature to explore. Look at very young infants. That's all they do when they are not making a mess or demanding to be fed. As infants become toddlers, they are still exploring and growing in leaps and bounds. No one is really putting the brakes on their curiosity to explore new things which is a very good thing.

Sadly, somewhere along the way, children are socialized or conditioned to be less curious and to conform to the “norm” whatever that is. Schooling, socialization, and peer pressure are big downward pressures on ones innate curiosity to go out and explore. As one gets older, one has additional responsibilities, (getting married, raising a family, etc.), the pressures to conform and the consequences, risks, for non-conformity are greater. One learns to conform to avoid being ostracized.

Why climb Mt Everest? Why go to the moon? Why study Physics? These have great appeal for some and none at for most. Why get dressed, open the door, and go out exploring the world? It has great appeal for you, a sense of adventure and curiosity. Not so much for others.

I don't know why. I ask myself why sometimes as I pull into the parking lot of a crowded mall on a Saturday night. I park the car and take a deep breath and sit for just a minute dealing with butterflies in my stomach. Then the dose of reality. My Wife opens Her door... looks at me and says Lets go Cindy. Get your ass out of the car
    ​Cindy

Why did we invent the wheel, sail the seas, go to the moon?
    We do these things because we can.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

I agree with Rachel. "It's because we bl***y well can."
    Go forth and enjoy, don't over think the situation, just be cautious.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    You are in dire need to get out sounds like.Pick a place to go and ask your wife to come with you on an adventure.