Thread: Changes - Post OPs only

Untitled

Question Changes - Post OPs only

THIS IS FOR POST OPS ONLY

It is now 5 weeks since my re-birth

One thing that seems strange to me is that there has been no mental changes. No euphoria at having the right body to match the mind, no change in my thought processes.

I have had the op, my body tells me that but nothing else has changed. Is this a natural state? I know we are all different, however, would the POST OPS like to share any experiences they had regarding mental changes either shortly after or later on?
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

Aspiring Member
    As another relative newbie (7 months post op) the mental change for me was more the feeling of peace and contentment, of finally not having the conflict of my body not matching my mind.

And thought processes changed in so far as being able to do things that I was reticent or nervous to do pre-op, i.e. go to the gym and use the ladies changing room, or not have that nervous flutter going through airport security if the scanner "pinged" necessitating a rub down (although that never happened on my trips - but the thought proccess was there)

As I said in another post elsewhere - I am finally at peace with myself, and that to me is the most important feeling I've ever had in my life.

The surgery corrected my body. I did not experience mental changes until a couple of years or so, when I stopped worrying about my transsexual past in social settings.
    Last edited by Frances; 09-11-2013 at 08:45 AM.

Maybe two things. There is no euphoria there is only wholeness. I don't know what you expected. Listen into yourself, gently, with wonder.
    "Never forget the many ways there are to be human" (The Transsexual Taboo)

It will sound cliche but I found that nothing really changed but the feeling of completeness was overwhelming and total

I tried to feel euphoria but that only made me depressed.

I would agree with most but only little over three weeks for me. At this early stage i would say the fact that my body is whole is the comfort i feel as after living as a woman 24/7 for over three and half years and on hrt do not think that i could feel anymore a woman than i already did. I have said before i am just happy to be me and complete but again only three weeks post. Marianne

Untitled
    Thanks for the replies, both here in the thread and the PMs.

I am quite content with how I feel and the lack of eureka moment. To me it is just confirmation of the fact I was in my happy place prior to surgery. I am fully aware that it is not the end of the journey, but just another progression.
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

Woman and loving it Jennifer Marie P.'s Avatar
    No nothing for me Im a total woman now.
    Pinkessence Transliving Urnotalone