Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Manly & Uber Manly jobs as Compensation

USMC 4 years and now a butcher.Funny thing I just recalled is that one time I was at work a co-worker complained that it was too cold inside the meatroom and that he was glad he "undressed that day" so he felt warm!!! I remember him saying something about silk long johns. At that time I didn't know how underdressing was defined untill I joined the forum. I guess we are everywhere!!!!

USAF for 4 years as a hospital med tech. Not one of the manly jobs in the service male female mix.... but the service. afterwords worked in a locked down VA psych hospital.... a lot of physical violence there. Then after a couple of other jobs, related, I have worked with the mentally handicapped for over 20 years now. Overall it is a more female dominated work.... but I seemed to find the hardest behavioral places to work, so it was on the manly side for this profession. Hence my name lol

I've worked some very manly jobs, and have a lot of very manly hobbies and present very masculine most of the time. I wouldn't say it's as compensation for my feminine side, though. However, I will say that I've masked some of my feminine desires with over-the-top manliness. For example, I always wanted pierced ears as a kid and a teenager because of all the pretty earrings my mom and my cousins would wear. My parents and family were always very conservative, though, and it just wasn't an option. So one night at college, I was out drinking with my "crew," and I bet my friends I could pierce my ear with a toothpick...and I did. Soon, both my ears were pierced and I had my little collection of earrings. The only way I was comfortable taking that leap, though, was to pretend it was some kind of crazy feat of superior testosterone.

I started as an auto mechanic when I was around 12 and now I drive a towtruck and have been for 35 years. It had nothing to do with my need to crossdress and has had no effect on it either way.

Im a staff nurse.
    Go figure
    Samantha -x-

I've worked if a corrugated boxs. when I started it was bull work I started working there it was just to have a job.And hwve been there 42 years.
    Angie

As I have mentioned before with some other postings, let's just say I am sure I have way, way over-compensated in my professional vocational life as well as with some hobby avocational community volunteer things I enjoy doing quite a bit. Can't say much else now, but maybe once retired next year I will choose to expound on them if this topic comes up again, which I am sure it will. And yes I am considered very good at my job indeed, been doing it for 26 years now.
    Last edited by Sarah V; 09-15-2013 at 11:22 AM.

Sarah[SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

"Sport is for men.......But Ballet is for women" ---- George Balenchine

I have been blue collar working poor all my life. Helped farmers bale hay, worked as a chemical coatings mixer at a toxic chemical factory, worked at a screw factory twice, but recessions caused layoofs both times, joined the Air Force to prove to my older brothers i was a man. I was a bed wetter when i joined! That did take courage, to risk being the barracks pantywaist bedwetter! Thankfully, through fear, and prayer, i never did it again for years. Worked as a gravedigger almost three yrs, using only hand shovels and picks, worked as a window washewr 26 yrs part or full time, secuity guard three yrs, caretaker for a quadriplegic man one yr. I do think it has been partly to prove i was a real man, and also to hide from my more fem side, although, i did not fully dress until i was in my 50's. I used to draw pictures of my dream lady. Now i dress to become her, occasionally.

Firstly, I want to thank everyone who responded to the thread. I'm not sure what I was looking for answer wise, so let me explain.

All my life, I've felt like the oddball; always the smallest boy int the group (until late adolescence); always the target of the other boys aggression; more comfortable with the girls; more empathetic and compassionate than the boys; more emotional than the boys; etc, etc.

I have spent my life wondering who and what I'm supposed to be, and am still searching for the answers. So, I try to find the common denominators of our little social world, hence the question about jobs. All the answers have been very generous, but this, by Dandy, is what I think I was looking for:

However, I will say that I've masked some of my feminine desires with over-the-top manliness. For example, I always wanted pierced ears as a kid and a teenager because of all the pretty earrings my mom and my cousins would wear. My parents and family were always very conservative, though, and it just wasn't an option. So one night at college, I was out drinking with my "crew," and I bet my friends I could pierce my ear with a toothpick...and I did. Soon, both my ears were pierced and I had my little collection of earrings. The only way I was comfortable taking that leap, though, was to pretend it was some kind of crazy feat of superior testosterone.
    As I said, I'm still trying to find the 'why' of my personality, and desires. I guess I just didn't want to feel like I was the only one.

Thanks again for all your responses, and patience
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

During my teen age years, I had a vast number of jobs, mostly male dominated. I went to school and graduated with a Degree in Applied Sciences. Went to work as an automotive tech in 1979 and have been in that field ever since. I have worked second jobs when I needed to on occasion, they were in male dominated fields also. To compensate, possibly, I was a very thin, tall, effeminate male, in my younger years. The girls I knew and dated, all seemed to see my fem side to some degree.
    Marcia (LOVES) Blue

I have always been mechanically inclined when tested I was about 98.7% when most of the guys were around 54- 67%
    turning wrenches was a easy path for me, thats the route I went, until got into the electrical field. my job consists of both.

at one time I thought about being a hair dresser. (I love hair) I have worn many hat so to speak through out my life, but the skill set I was blessed with from birth, seems to be the path I take.
    Last edited by MssHyde; 09-15-2013 at 06:28 PM.
    Carpe Noctem

Cheyenne Hyde

"You may never exceed, your own expectations, of yourself"

http://s46.photobucket.com/user/MsHyde2u/library/
    (the password is feminine)

Platinum Member
    Hi Jodie Lynn, I was in the heavy petroleum industry for 40yrs., I didn't need to prove any thing I just wanted to provide a good life for my family.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Banned Read only
    How come there are MANLY jobs, but when we mention WOMANLY jobs, some people get offended?