Thread: Chica Bonita Locksmith! Divorced mother of three?! LONGGGG sorry!

Chica Bonita Locksmith! Divorced mother of three?! LONGGGG sorry!

The summer is coming to an end and the tourist season is slowing down. My job is very busy in the summer because I am a locksmith, and people are always losing their keys on the beach or getting drunk and dropping them off a pier, etc. anyways, I have been struggling to keep my marriage together all summer with various compromises but it seems diplomacy has failed and separation is occurring with divorce on the horizon. It's ok, though. I've come to grips with it and have been much happier since the decision has been agreed upon. We still live together for financial reasons, but we aren't. "Together" and we've been getting along better than we have in years. What's funny is she still comes to me for lovins sometimes when she feels the itch...haha...we are both seeing other people, too, right now which has made it easier for both of us to keep it going. Nothing serious, but I've found a sweet woman who absolutely adores the fact that I am trans. She considers herself bisexual, and on our third "date" I told her. Her response was " do you have any idea how much MORE I like you now!?" My wife also is seeing someone and just as I had figured, she found the dirtiest, foulest, most unsavory MAN she could find. He's the guitarist for a local punk band and we are polar opposites on the scale of hygiene and appearance. Sorta makes me smirk because I know that's not what she wants, she's just trying to make a point. I am also trying to make a point which is the POINT of this post to begin with..I started out talking about work and what I do. Well, on Sundays, I am on call only and do not have to root into the office. I just go from job to job unlocking cars, making keys, etc. most of the people are from out of town and ill never see them again......soooo on Sundays, I started dressing slightly more femme and wearing just a tiny bit of makeup. My hair is getting longer now and pretty much my whole life have been on and off mistaken for a woman, well....I would say 9 out of 10 of my Sunday customers don't even give me a second look, they think I'm a girl locksmith. And occasionally I run into one that just doesn't, oh well...whatever...but two Sundays ago I was called to make keys for a Toyota truck close to the beach. The man was from Georgia and was leaving town the next morning, that is, as long as I could make his keys! Well, that day I was feeling pretty anyway, but I had girl jeans, a cami tank and bra, a little makeup on and I guess I looked cute because this man flirted and flirted with me! It took about 45 minutes to make his key because it was complicated and he was distracting me, but he just asked me questions about my life and I ended up telling him I have children and going through a separation, yadda yadda.....so he asked if the kids dad was a good father...and I didn't once lie!! I said yes he is, he's just got some issues to sort out and needs some time......not one lie was told!! However, this man believed I was a single mother of three children going through a divorce and working on a Sunday as a locksmith to make ends meet for my babies....there's only ONE part of this that's not true....obviously, I'm the father, not the mother...so I finished the. Key and his bill came to like $200 and he asked me if I took cash...of course! Lol. So he hands me $350 and told me to keep my chin up and that things were going to be fine for me. I started to cry and he could tell and I said I can't take this! But he insisted. He tipped me $150!!!!
    So for the rest of the day "girly locksmith" felt sorta guilty, but then not really, because I am a single parent, working my ASS off on a sunday to provide for my babies and it felt really good. It felt REALLY good! That this man didn't even think for a second that I was just a dude in drag, which I'm not anyway, but a lot of people look at us like we are, my wife included.
    SORRY THIS IS SO LONG!!!!!!!! But I haven't been on in a while and a lot has happened...one more thing real quick....I confided in one of my colleagues at work and he thought I should be open and honest with our employer so I did...that's right. IM OUT at work. Everyone I work with knows after brief one on one meetings I was told to have with everyone and now, every morning I get dressed, put on makeup and go to work as "Morgan" they're stil getting used to the name change as its only been since Friday, but I love the people I work with, and couldn't have asked for an easier work transition. Things are complicated but they're getting easier and I'm starting to see that light at the end of the tunnel
    Morgan Lynn Scatterbrain

This sounds wonderful, I hope everything continues to go this well.

Thank you. Me too!!
    Morgan Lynn Scatterbrain

You have nothing to feel guilty about. You gave the customer what he wanted and he thanked you. You were as honest as you could be, probably way more honest than a lot of people. For example, a car sales person will use a fake name to seem more friendly and lie about the mileage on a user car, a bar tender will pretend to be single or wear skimpy clothing for larger tips. I would tend to believe this guy was in the wrong for making sexual advances to you while you are trying to do your job, you said yourself it took longer to do the work because of his actions.

You lead a very difficult life, we often hear only about the negatives of being a TS person, but clearly there are some positives depending how you look at it. Good luck with your major life change.
    Chickie

I try to be as positive as I can be. But I agree with you about his actions being inappropriate. He was kind and respectful, but just a little too flirty! I'm going to take his advice though.....my chin is up!
    Morgan Lynn Scatterbrain

You certainly have nothing to feel guilty about in the exchange you described. I think sometimes it takes acceptance from others to help us see ourselves more clearly. I'm delighted you had such a positive experience and wish you well on your path, wherever it might take you.
    ~ Kimberly

“To escape criticism do nothing, say nothing, be nothing." - Elbert Hubbard

im so happy for you morgan. thanks for sharing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Call me Steina

A beautiful story. Thanks. Being yourself at work is such an improvement.

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    A beautiful story Morgan. Girl, you just keep on doing what you have been doing and you will thrive. You have great friends and work associates, and I am sure most of it is because of who you are and how you are you. Stay the course.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Banned Read only
    That is a beautiful story, Morgan. I am happy to hear that your workmates have accepted you as you are. Know that there will still be ups and downs along the way but that is life. Continue to demand the best from yourself and you will soon be the best. Go get 'em!

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnmorgan451 View Post
    It felt REALLY good! That this man didn't even think for a second that I was just a dude in drag, which I'm not anyway, but a lot of people look at us like we are, my wife included.
    Hi Lynn, It's a bittersweet relationship your having w/ the wife. This man you dealt with, was dealing with your character which is something is w/ us forever. I suspect that this is part of why your wife fell in love with you. It's very sad that a spouse is willing to toss out everything special of someone that they truly admire and love because of fear, insecurity and rejection.

Wow!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Platinum Member
    You do have a complicated life. On the marriage front, I'm not sure what to make of the soon to be ex's BF, but the lady you're dating sounds like a possible winner. Still, take your time, protect your kids from bad choices on your part and to the extent you can, from bad choices by your wife, and let things work themselves out.

As for work, wow, what a great place and great people. It seems, based on how you've described yourself, that your FYI did not come as a great surprise...which is doubly good.

Congratulations on the great tip!

He was moved by hearing about you as a person. It wasn't about male or female. It was just you.

So very good for you Lynn! I'm getting a bit of masculine attention at work now, but of course from the older gentlemen, and gosh I love it. I never thought in a million years that I really would!

The "fishbowl" effect after totally coming out at work only lasted about two work-weeks for me, and I'm already fading into the woodwork and getting on with my new life. Do you have your name and marker changes underway yet? The confidence I gained from that was immeasurable.

I can see it now, you're on your way to becoming just another pretty face. Yaay!

All the best, Ann
    ​​ღϠ₡ღ✻ Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡✻ ღϠ₡ღ✻

No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent
    Eleanor Roosevelt

​​​ღϠ₡ღ✻ Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡✻ ღϠ₡ღ✻

Wow is all I can say. I love the story. Out of tragedy comes the promise of a brighter tomorrow
    Not all of us can transition so easily either from soocial or physical limitations, but it is encouraging .
    I was told that I was "Way out there In left field", but I don't even know where that is.

Jess

YMMV
    so glad things are getting better for you! Having a supportive partner makes an amazing difference doesn't it? You look great in your pic
    "In our lives, change is unavoidable, loss is unavoidable. In the adaptability and ease with which we experience change, lies our happiness and freedom."

"My actual gender identity emerged as I healed from the scars of childhood not because of those scars" - Kelly J