Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just another normal day

Quote Originally Posted by Jorja View Post

The thing is to just enjoy every second that you get to be yourself. Yes, there are going to be some very hard and difficult times but they are not going to last forever. If you do not have a support network in place, that is what we are here for. Feel free to come lean on us. We will help as much as we can.
    Thank you so much for that Jorja. Living an authentic life does indeed have hard and difficult times. I've had to make a stand and not be bullied into de transition several times. It won't happen again though. Life is too short to live a fictional life of what others want me to be, and not what my absolute core dictates I live.

You have recommended to enjoy every second we have to be ourself. That should indeed be full time. Anything less gyps us from living life as it should be.

Banned Read only
    You must understand that there are those in this world that for one reason or another cannot go full time. They would if they could but they have made the decision not to. We need to respect that decision and support them just as we would someone who decides to go full time. Being trans anything is a difficult life for all of us.
    Last edited by Rianna Humble; 09-14-2013 at 12:04 AM. Reason: Quote not needed

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Jorja, thanks so much for sharing, you extra-extrovert you. It is reassuring to see someone who is in the situation where they know who they are and can be real about it.

I totally support the application of this to those of us who are in whatever position in transition. Know who you are, where you are, and be real with it. Yes, easier said then done, that is for sure, but a goal none the less.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

You must understand that there are those in this world that for one reason or another cannot go full time. They would if they could but they have made the decision not to. We need to respect that decision and support them just as we would someone who decides to go full time. Being trans anything is a difficult life for all of us.
    Of course. I'm speaking of myself and of the situation and strain my SO had over me in the past. My goal is to be full time, but the desire to keep the love of my life required me to suppress. That is not exactly an authentic life and my will is to stand up for an opportunity to step out as my true self with honor and dignity. I'm not speaking of simply "going out," but of full freedom from those who have jeapordized that possibility. I just want to be me -- unchained.

Thanks for respecting and supporting those of us who, at present, are in that situation of not living our true selves. But my SO and I are getting close. Much closer than last year. I can see the flicker.
    Last edited by TeresaL; 09-14-2013 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Clarification.

Forget about the future, Anne. I guarantee you it will be there when you get there. Live for today because I will guarantee you it will be gone before you know it and we can't do anything about yesterday.

Now, I am not saying do not make any long term plans but make those plans flexible. I am saying if you try to live for the future all the things you should have been doing today will be lost. You will never move forward.
    This really, really rings so clearly with me these days. I have spent most of my life either living for others or going with the flow. Until recently, "living each day" and even "doing what makes you happy" was never a goal...it was happenstance.

For me, this is one of the difficult concepts to handle. Thanks for these thoughts.

-stephani