Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I Can't Believe I Did It

I Can't Believe I Did It

I Can't Believe I Did It

I can't believe I actually did it. I went into a mainstream place dressed as a girl in front of hundreds of people. I was not able to do this alone. I was with another girl the whole time.I met with a girl at Burlington Coat Factory. She took some photos of me standing close to the entrance. I was wearing a black and white heart dress, a dark brown wig, a brown purse, and flats. I wear flats in public because it make me shorter and I feel more passable. As I was walking toward the entrance, I could feel the summer air blowing up underneith my dress and I love that feeling so much. I was very nervous as I seen other people walk out of the store. My friend gave me the confidence to overcome the fear.

As I walked through the automatic door, a man and a woman walked out. I turned my head as I walked past them. We were walking down the isle and I was avoiding eye contact with anyone. I felt more comfortable as we were looking at dresses. The clothing section seems to shield my body from other people. I heard giggleing a couple of times from other women, but they could be doing it from something completely different. I was holding thirteen dresses as I was walking toward the fitting room. I only liked two of them afterwards.

We both had to use the restroom. I never used a women's restroom before. We waited for the lady to come out then we went in and I came out as soon as I was done and then I waited by the door for my friend. I still turned the other way as people walked by.

We then went to check out. I walked up to the cashier as she called me up. I knew I was getting clocked so I said its my first time doing this in a total male voice as I smiled. She asked if I liked doing this and I told her I loved it as she smiled. She loved my nails and told me I do a much better job at painting them than she could. I just told her I just throw the polish on, but then my nails are always long naturally. My hands look very feminine when my nails are painted. Another employee walked by and looked into my eyes and we both smiled at each other like she knew I was a guy and totally accepted it as if she found me more attractive as a woman then as a man. That feeling was so awesome and I can't describe how good I felt. Then I got my change and receipt. As I was walking out of the store, I knew the cashier and other employees were checking me out. I was just too afraid to turn my head and find out.

My friend and I then drove off for some photos later.

It was a very scary but awesome experience. I will definitely do it again, but I will need another person with me.

Here are some photos of what I was wearing and different angles of me.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by laurie01; 09-12-2013 at 05:43 PM.

I would of never gave you a second look! You look gorgeous! Oh, and congratulations!
    Genny B

Gurls will be Girls petrahughes's Avatar
    Great story thanks for sharing. You look stunning in them pics BTW

"A glass of wine anytime" rachaelsloane's Avatar
    Congratulations on your outing and the more you go out, the more comfortable you will become. You didn't mention it, but after awhile, did you even remember you were out dressed? It is always good to have a partner in crime when out, but at some point you will adventure out on your own, if only to meet others. The other positive I see is that you are dressed so as not to bring unwanted attention.
    " I love the life I live and I live the life I love"

Great job, Laurie! You look so cute in your photos! Next time will be even easier, I promise.
    Hugs,
    Patti

You look very nice and it gets easier every time you go out. Once you let yourself out into the world... you'll never want to stop. Congrats!

Cindy
    ​Cindy

You look marvelous! It should get easier with more experience, but it's always a lot more fun with someone else. Always remember, you're not doing anything wrong!!! It's okay, so own the moment. Look 'em in the eye and smile.

Went to a Burlington Coat Factory last month with another girl, then to a Famous Dave's for lunch. It was great! All, "Welcome, Ladies!" "Can I get you ladies something to drink?" "How are you girls doing?" What a great feeling.

Go out and enjoy!

Leah
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.

Way to go! It is one of the best experiences I have ever had. You will be out more and more, trust me! You looked very sweet.
    Hugs
    Suzanne
    Last edited by Suzanne F; 09-12-2013 at 11:27 PM.

Gone to live my life
    Congratulations Laurie. You look beautiful in your pictures.

Hugs

Isha

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I think you look really good. Perfect outfit to go mainstreaming. I know for myself that that feeling of acceptance from mainstream strangers is like no other. It's almost as if they want to see you presenting as female isn't it?
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

You look fantastic. Congrats on your debut!

Congrats! Hopefully I'm working up to that myself. I don't want to attract undue attention either--your cute dress and flats are perfect, and would be what I'd choose, too. My favorite line from Oceans 11 is that in order to get away with anything you're not really supposed to be doing (I understand being a CD shouldn't really be phrased like that, but stay with me here), "you've gotta be instantly likeable and instantly forgettable" at the same time. That will be my mantra when I finally get up the courage to do what you did. Thanks also for sharing your story about when you spoke in your male voice. I don't even know if I'd even try to fake it either if I knew I was being clocked, and that's one thing that scares me about going out in public, because I'm so talkative! How would I keep my mouth shut!

I went to a thrift store in drab and grabbed a few items once, and just KNEW that the lady at the register knew it was for me. At a retail store, you can play it off like it's a gift if you're in drab. At a thrift store, nope.

Ashley

All you really needed to say was you and another girl went shopping in town. Nothing about it being your first time out, you wouldnt know you look so confident and happy. You look so great that it shouldn't be a problem going out ever again!

x
    Tara, the fab me!

You look lovely

One day I would like to look half as presentable as you

Awesome Laurie! You look great in your photos as usual and very passable, I'm so happy for you and glad you had a great experience!

BTW, nice choice of venue, Burlington has some nice stuff!

Hugs!

~Autumn

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Good for you, hon! You look great

Platinum Member
    Hi Laurie, You are out there now there's no holding you back now.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    100% passable and 100% gorgeous. Glad you had a good experience and hope there are many more to come in the future.
    Erica

Gold Member
    YOu look very good. Dressed to blend in and all. It is nerve racking the first few times.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Congratulations Laurie!

You look terrific!

Like all of us the first time out you were probably pretty uptight. We all think the world is clocking us and that they're getting the torches ready in the back room. We tend to forget that women, especially nice looking nicely dressed ones, get looked at all the time. Not something we're used to in "boy world," but as a woman you're always "on stage" and soon you'll begin to relax and take the looks for granted.

As you log more flight time you wll begin to unwind and grow comfortable and confident, and at that point you will begin to smile at other women rather than turn away.

You just walked into a big new world, one you've never been in before. Enjoy the journey!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

beuatiful laurie!!!! congrats! awesome pics, you look great

awesome thats what i would of said after words. you do look very nice and happy for you.

You totally pulled it off! You look passable to me. I think if you work on your voice you could go without a problem! Good for you. It sounds like you had a really good time. I for one look forward to more adventures in the public domain from you in the future!
    "Oh my God, I realized, it's not that we're screwed up; it's just that we've been trained to thnk so."
    ~Rick Novic, Alice in Genderland

Laurie,
    One of the best covers you can use is to have a friend with you.
    It takes the attention away from you when walking alone.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Simply intoxicating isn't it? Glad you had support and enjoy the fun. Thanks for sharing,

Jamie