Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Were You A Failure in Gym Class, Too?

My Feminine Self Lady Katherine's Avatar

Were You A Failure in Gym Class, Too?

I began seriously wishing I was a girl when I entered 7th grade and had to go to gym class. I couldn't do any of the boy things, like chinups and rope climbs, because my body was soft, arms weak and hips wide. It was humiliating, but then snuck into some girl gym outfits, and liked how sweet I looked.

How many others experienced same or similar experiences?

Actually no. I played football in high school & hockey when I was younger.

That was definitly me, I was always weak, mainly due to hormone issues, etc. I have never been able to do a chinup, etc.

Middle School was the worst time of my life.

Mandy
    [SIZE="4"]My life in a Quote[/SIZE]
    "I don't like sand. It's coarse, rough, irritating and it gets everywhere. Not like here. Everything’s soft and smooth."
    [SIZE="1"]—Anakin to Padmé - Star Wars - Episode 2 - Attack of the Clones[/SIZE]

Occupying my own end of the gender spectra...

Platinum Member
    i never realy did the gym thing i always was out smokeing and hanging out ..
    that sweaty gym thingy was not my thing....

7th grade P.E. was a nightmare for me, I think the teachers were drill sergeant drop outs, and the only alternative was to torment young teenagers. However, I am quite athletic and could compete physically with my peers in most aspects. The world of sports is full of ignorant muscle heads who put men in general to shame but I still love sports and athletics.

I play on a competitive softball team in the present. We have a website with league & individual stats. We have a team manager, 1st & 3rd base coaches. In Spring, we "invite" select individuals to come to practice & try out for the team. We recruit players. The manager decides which position you will play. If you have a bad game, you get benched. The batting lineup is decided by the manager.

Its fun fun fun!

GYM Class

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Katherine
    I began seriously wishing I was a girl when I entered 7th grade and had to go to gym class. I couldn't do any of the boy things, like chinups and rope climbs, because my body was soft, arms weak and hips wide. It was humiliating, but then snuck into some girl gym outfits, and liked how sweet I looked.

How many others experienced same or similar experiences?
    In 4 years of gym class in high school I never once got even half way up that rope climb thing. Yes I too had a couple visits in the girls locker room never tried on the clothes though but sometimes there was always an extra panty left lying around, and I always wondered who it belonged to....and if she knew she left it there.

You knew Fat's couldn't make it!

I hated Gym class. I was always the last one chosen when it came time for picking team members. Of course I would have been lousy on any of the girls teams too so it's not really a gender thing. The arts were more my calling.

Debbie "Two Sheds" Kong

I hated gym and was horrible at most sports. Unfortunately i'm a huge person, with huge shoulders, so everyone expected me to be huge jock. I can't hit a tennis ball, baseball, or golf ball to save my life. I think i've done maybe 3 chinups in my whole life. I could catch a ball decently though.

And to make matters worse, my dad was the coach so he threw me into everything he could to make a man out of me. Luckily my younger brother came along to fulfill all my dad's jock dreams.
    Hail Satin!

i had no problem in gym i also played football, basketball, crosscountry, and indoor track. but when my female side wanted to come out and to keep my secret a secret i jioned coed sports that way i can have my cake and eat it too.....

One thing I've discovered that is helping me get fit, is all the lovely female exercise gear and clobber.

I do recommed doing Yoga and Pilates dressed up as a woman, it really helps to shape up!

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    Obviously, Atheletic ability or the lack of it has nothing to do with crossdressing. We see both sides of the spectrum represented here.

I suppose the question came up based on the common misconception that "Queer": or "gay" guys ---which most people mistakenly group CDers with, are notorious for not doing well in atheletics and sports. (its one of the reasons that the guy who always strikes out or cant catch a ball is often called a "Fag" by the other kids)----
    It apears that some of us CDers still carry some of that mythology and fear of homosexuality with us from early experiences and still might associate some mythological "Gay" attributes to their CD.----Of course its time to get over it. Homosexuality and CD are NOT related at all and even the stuff attributed to homosexuality, eg. poor atheletic ability, wanting to be a woman, etc. is a crock of s**t anyway.

Removed!
    Former Special Forces, Football, Soccer, baseball. Grew up on a farm throwing bails of hay and felling trees.

I never liked gym, for other reasons than CD. I never had a problem with the rope climb or the other stuff. Just really did'nt like sports still dont.

I could go the rest of my life without watching or hearing about sports but in my line of work now a lot of the people I deal with talk about them.
    Read my monthly column On URNA And The Gender Society

Real women were built to be admired. Why be ashamed or hurt if you admire a well crafted copy or immitation?

My Feminine Self Lady Katherine's Avatar

Thank You All for Comments

Reading your answers to my questions shows how different we all are. I am 76 years old so I spent my horrible junior high school years (there was no "middle school" then) during World War II, when boys had to be boys. I therefore worked at being a "Boy," and succeeded a bit, but never could develop a masculine body. It got to be so that I could "pass" at sports and being manly, but I always felt inadequate.

Whether that failure to be manly affected my desire to be a girl, I don't know. It is true, however, that my teen years were difficult and my feelings of failure from those years never left me.

Of course, I never heard of crossdressing or transgenders in those years, and considered my dressing desires to be shameful. So I've lived an outwardly male life largely successfully, father of 5, Navy Vet, successful career, etc., but still wish I could have lived it as a woman.

Love to hear from others, about those horrible teen years.

never had to do gym, thank god.being diabetic and asthmatic
    kept me out.plus,i throw like a girl!!!
    hugs,karen.

Oh, yes, the shower

I enjoyed P.E., but I didn't like having to undress in front of the others, and going to the shower with a bunch of other guys always left me with mixed emotions. I had my most explosive sexual "experiments" when I was in the 7th grade, so............ I'm not sure how to say this without being direct, but I would often get erections in the shower which were hard to conceal. And being somewhat stupid didn't help any. I had more than one fight after school because of things that happened in the shower.

Formerly lisameaghan :) Lisa Maren's Avatar

I'm not athletic either

Hi there

Let's see. The other boys my age could (and still can) kick/throw a ball ten times farther than I can, run faster than I can, take more pain than I can, etc etc etc. In high school, most of the time I actually did piano for my sport. lol

There are some thing I'm good at, though, like alpine skiing. I'm decent at tennis and cross-country skiing.

Hugs,
    Lisa
    [SIZE="1"]What lies behind me and what lies before me are tiny matters compared to the girl who lies within me.
    -- A twist on Ralph Waldo Emerson

To know what you prefer instead of humbly saying Amen to what the world tells you you ought to prefer, is to have kept your soul alive.
    -- Robert Louis Stevenson

Ubi dubium, ibi libertas. (Where there is doubt, there is freedom.)
    -- Latin Proverb
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I was always fairly athletic...just small for my size so it was difficult for me to make any of my school's athletic teams because of it. Played a lot of intramural and neighborhood ball however...I had a very male upbringing and social environment...the crossdressing certainly didn't come from any of that.

~~Post Modern Romantic~~ KewTnCurvy GG's Avatar
    Not TG, but hate gym and anything that makes me sweat. Honestly, what nonsense!
    Kew
    ~Dear Dorothy,
    Hate Oz, took the shoes, find your own way home.
    Toto~

gym class

I enjoyed gym class. I ran cross country and track in high school and junior college. I played football, basketball, volleyball, soccer, and softball. I wasn't a great athlete but I enjoyed playing for the fun of it. I still love sports, but I love the arts, politics, and other things. I have a wide variety of interests.

Gennee
    I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".

Aspiring Member Christina Nicole's Avatar
    Hated gym and all of the sports type stuff that went along with it. I did well enough in the gymnastics type stuff. I avoided the locker room thing by coming and going early or late.

But when some buffoon whacked me such that I had to go to the doctor in so-called "touch football", I filed an assault complaint. My dad's attorney filed something else that named the school and !#$%^ gym teacher, but I forgot what it was. Anyway, that fixed that.

Warm regards,
    Christina Nicole

I loved and hated gym class. In gym class, I got to experience my love for swimming, and my hate for it after getting on the swim team. I like swimming, when its own my own, not designed as a series of endless drills and laps. Wished that I couldve worn one of the one pieces that the girls got to wear!

Must...Buy...Clothes... Katrina's Avatar
    I never had a problem with gym class except for a few of the activities. I hated...hated...hated wrestling and I didn't like playing softball. I loved playing floor hockey and volleyball. I was never really athletic in school but I keep in shape now. Now that I think about it, I prefered the things that the girls did in gym class (when we were split up). The boys would mostly play softball and one of my buddies and I did the indoor tennis. Plus I got to look at the cuties in my class.
    -Katrina

It's the shoes...

...putting the "T" in GLBT.

The world would be a better place if everybody learned yoga...

Rated "TG"...for some gender bending

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Believe it or not there were two kids in our gym class that could out do everyone else for chins and push ups.....and I was one of those two people!

I have always had (and still do) a good stength to weight ratio.
    Last edited by Rachel Morley; 12-26-2005 at 10:59 PM.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Banned Read only
    I was always good at gym class and it was my favorite class. I also was on the 6th, 7th, & 8th grade basketball team and I played Little League Baseball. I got into BMX Freestyle during H.S. I was quite a dude until I became a crossdressor late in college.

Crossdressing just ruined my dude - ness.

During the past two years I tried criterium racing on a road bike but I'm not fast enough. So now I just bike to maintain my weight and size 4 -6 size and for transportation.