Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Were You A Failure in Gym Class, Too?

I have a mild remembrance of gym/health classes throughout school. Never excelled in anything but ping pong but managed to letter in golf my junior year; the most notable time being when I short circuited a series of rooms after two exposed wires together in 9th grade.
    Being tall and flexible, certain aspects of sports came easy. I'd never given it much thought or consideration til now but all in all i'd have to say gym was alright.
    Except when dennis dingle threatened to burn me and various other people with his lighter & aeresol can shows, but hey, he was just playing. There was this other black kid who used 'secret' deodorant since he was right in saying it's strong enough for a man. hehe

Hi

I was a defensive end for my high school football team and actually I was pretty good at it by the way.

Yours,
    Zara

Banned Read only

Gym Class

All I really wanted was a netball skirt, kneesocks and gym knickers like the the other girls wore. (am I asking oh for so much ?)

Love Angela XX
    Last edited by Angela Burke; 01-01-2006 at 08:51 AM.

Went to a small high school, played football, Offensive tackle, defensive tackle, defensive end, linebacker, track, basketball Was ruthless, horrible, un-merciable! Just plain MEAN! Trying to prove, earn and validate my masculinity.

Always was getting expelled for fighting in school.

Retired military, (Marines) nine years at Parris Island

Thank God those days are all over!

Not someone you would want to bully ~ even if I am dressed and being

Hated it

Likewise Not TG, but I hate gym as it was a great place to the bullies to do their thing normally with the support by the Gymn Teacher.

However did enjoy after schooool Gymn Club as this was gymnastics with the girls.

Being honest the Gymn Teachers were rubbish when I went into the Army found that despite years of being told I was rubbish I was quite a good runner. If the Army could find it in people why couldn't they. Best time for a mile was 4 mins 35 seconds

Gym for Jim (or is it Jym now ??)

Gym Classes (Known as P.E. to us in the UK at the time)... I was a failure because, although I could do chin up's, and press up's and weights (Amazingly well), and rope climbs and jumps and all that other stuff... I LOATHE football (Soccer), and I dont enjoy long distance running so I was just drummed out of the classes with a gentle mixture of bullying and staff ignorance.

In the end... All my energy became focussed on messing about, and getting excluded, suspended and then expelled. (worth it inn the long run, it got me sent away to boarding school, and freedom from my parents !!)

I have to admit, I once (yeah 'really' only once ?? HAA ha ha ha) tried on my sisters gym kit.... Yeah, Dont take me there ! I LOVED IT !!!!

XX

Jayme

Ps... My best time for a mile was about three quaters of an hour.
    Last edited by Imogen_Mann; 12-27-2005 at 05:24 AM.

Banned Read only
    I played Baseball and Basketball in High School as well as being a Band Geek.

In grade school I was alittle chubby and terrible at sports. I was always picked last to be on a team. In fact, I was made fun of for having 'boobs.'

Later in high school, I lifted weights lost weight and played football. One year I was voted most valuable player. I kept lifting weights and wanted to be a bodybuilder. I wanted to be huge and strong so people would fear me. It was all a cover and repression for my need to be girl. I was the youngest of 3 boys in our family. My older brothers and father were so macho. I hated it. My mother so wanted a girl.

I guess sports helped my fitness level, I still try and exercise for health reasons. And my kids have played sports in school. But I would have rather been a girl on the highschool volleyball team than a boy on the football team.

I was highly successful at all sports at school - captained most of my school teams, represented the school at district and county level and at one time, was predicted to go on to play rugby union at a national level. When I wasn't being stereotypically male, I liked nothing better than donning some lingerie and revelling in my femininity. And I wonder why I found my teen years confusing?!

pretty much

I was pretty much a failure in gym class, though I could hold my own running and swimming, and I have often jogged or biked to keep fit (gotta keep that girlish figure). I weighed about 125 pounds soaking wet when I was a senior in high school, plus I topped out at about 5'6" -- which was an absolute boon to my crossdressing, which I had carried on with my mother's help and support from the time I was in 7th grade. Gym class was always an embarrassment for me and I almost always wore sweats because my legs were mostly hairless, and then I started shaving them on a regular basis because I was dressing quite often at home (I was so glad to find out that cyclists and swimmers shave their bodies for competition!!).
    I was usually the butt of jokes in junior high because I was puny, short, small and nerdy... by the time I was in high school, I had shoulder-length hair and kind of leaned toward the metalhead/rock star look... but the long hair and small stature worked perfectly for my hobby, which was crossdressing any chance I got at home!
    "Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes..."

I hated gym. I'm not into organizied sports. I was a cross country runner (but a poor one), but even now could care less about baseball, football, or basketball. I'm active and love to swim, shoot and hike.

i did okay

I was always the littlest kid in class but I did alright at gym. In high school everyone had become stoners so it didn't matter much the whole gym class was all smoked up.
    I did like running around in the short shorts :cheeky:

Yes I was a failure in gym class mainly because I didn't get along with the teacher.He was the football coach too and thought he was some kind of bad ass.I never enjoyed team sports much either. I'd love to see that teacher/coach go through Ranger school,that will shut him up.
    Merry

HRT since 2009

Not tg....

In Texas if you joined an extracuricular activity like band/chorus/cheerleading/or registered in a sport you did not have to do PE or gym class. So the last time I had to go to something that resembeled gym was like 4th grade. I was not fond of having to change in front of the other girls. I just really felt weird about being naked around others.

So joined band and then in jr. high school joined tennis and I never had to set foot in a PE class again! yea~

And I still play tennis and it is a huge part of my life even now!

P.E. Class

I hated P.E. class, I went to a rural school and since there was only 10 boys in the 7th and 8th grades, you were automatically on the basketball team in the winter and in the spring it was automatically on the track team. When I went into the 9th(at a different school) grade I had the P.E. coach from hell, he thought that the only way to make a boy into a "MAN" was to treat them like you were in the military at a boot camp. After that 10th, 11th and 12th grade was not much better.
    Kayla Horn

I never really could do the gymnastic part of gym class meaning I did ok with softball, soccer, basketball and team type sports, but all the rope climbing and that stuff I could not do. The part that was really tough on me was that showers were always manditory and I had developed pretty large breasts and had an extremely small penis basically I looked like a girl when naked. It was very humiliating back then I was always stared at and made fun of. The junior high years were the worst. But now I am very happy to be small it is very convieient when dressing ,I don't have to tuck at all , I am very smooth in all my outfits. But back then preteen boys were vicious.

Since I started school early, Iwas almost a year younger than most of my peers. Throughout most of my education, I hated gym class, since I was a year behind in physical maturity. Sometime in tenth or eleventh grade, I realized I wasn't necessarily smaller anymore, and my confidence grew overnight. I also started playing hockey at that time, and that definitely helped.

As a young adult, I became a serious weightlifter, and that is something I continue to do today in my mid 40s. Although I'll never be confused with a bodybuilder, I'm still a decent-sized guy, and most who know me think I'm kind of a jock.

Looking back in good ol' hindsight, I now know that if I'd just had some confidence, I would have done better in gym class. You don't always have to be the strongest or fastest. That's what I always try to instill in my kids.
    Last edited by SandraInHose; 12-28-2005 at 11:33 AM.
    "Masquerading as a man with a reason, my charade is the event of the season" ('Carry On Wayward Son' by Kansas)

I was always good at sports. Football, soccer, baseball, boxing, tennis, etc... Never liked basketball though.

NO, I was not a failure. I was a three sport athlete in HS (football, bastketball and track). I lettered 4 years in track in college.

Jodi

One more step... outside! Francine's Avatar

sports

Gym class was alright, but I seemed to lack a little arm strength. I did play football, but more as punter and wide receiver. Played some basket ball, but only till the second year in high school, even though I was 6'4". I did play golf though and was a 4 year letterman in golf, but I could do that even as a woman. Maybe they would let me play from the ladies tees.
    Secretly, I always wanted to be one of the cheerleaders.
    "Flatter me, and I may not believe you.
    Critisize me and I may not like you.
    Ignore me and I may not forgive you.
    Encourage me ... and I will never forget you!"

Gym Class was awful, I am not the least bit athletic. I only went because I had too.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

If only dreams came true. susancheerleader's Avatar
    I'd skip gym. I hated it so much! I was never very athletic, and when I was in gym I felt like I was more making a fool of myself. I also HATED showering in the open showers.

i did just fine in school gym class wasnt always picked first for teams ......but was always right up there

I hated PE and Games!!!!:mad: On those days I had to wear the hated Boys' Y Fronts instead of a lovely pair of my big sister Anne's knickers as I secretly wore every other time under my trousers. In the changing rooms, (locker room) for the Boys to get changed for PE or Games there were no separate cubicles with curtains as the Girls had so no privacy and in those days the mid 1960s Boys' underpants looked very different to Girls' unlike the Unisex "slip" briefs worn by many Boys and Men today. I had to wear a pair of Y-Fronts which I hated then after the PE lesson go to the Boys' Toilets and using a cubicle (stall) with a locked door change back into the pair of Anne's knickers I had in my jacket pocket. When I got the chance to take extra subjects instead of PE when I was 15 I jumped at this and never again wore Male Underpants to this day.

Ironically, if I had I been able to do PE with the GIRLS wearing navy blue
    knickers and a short pleated Gym Skirt like them to play (Field) Hockey or Netball I would have been delighted!

I was no good at PE. I am NOT competitive in the slightest and am not into any team activities, so games such as Football, (Soccer), Rugby, Cricket etc leave me totally cold and I just wasn't interested in this subject! I was I am glad to say never chosen for any of the Teams and during Sports was left to do exercises in the GYM or in good weather run round the pitch. The PE Teacher was quite happy when I and some of the more bookish lads in our year took extra subjects and were no longer his problem. I have never done a push up nor a chin up in my life and wouldn't know how to, not that I would want to and like others I don't like "sweaty" activities!
    Last edited by Helen MC; 12-28-2005 at 03:37 PM.
    [SIZE="5"]Helen[/SIZE]

My Feminine Self Lady Katherine's Avatar

These Gym Experiences Are So Memorable

I must say, I was astounded at the response my question raised. Obviously, i have been haunted all my 76 years by those horrid days in gym, when my soft, girly body had to be exposed in the locker rooms and showers and when I tried pathetically to use my slender unmuscular arms to pull me up on the chinning bar. I see that so many of the girls, however, were very good athletes, but still were girls at heart ... or at least desired to dress like one.

A pox upon all the macho gym teachers who haunted us girly boys.