Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Girl smoker yes boy smoker no

Used to smoke in both modes but havent touched a cigarette in 18 months since a major heart attack, could kill for a smoke even now.

I don't smoke or drink. I'm not a vegan, yet lol!!!

I quit smoking 3 years ago. It's really dirty, disgusting, and causes both short-term and long-term health problems. I find by not smoking, not drinking, eating right, and exercise, keeps me thin, healthy feeling, healthy looking, and young looking. Changing my lifestyle habits literally caused people to view me as looking 5-10 years older than I really was, to looking 5-10 younger than I really am now. And what girl doesn't want to look young!!!

If I could smoke occasionally I would, but it's way too addictive.

I think my newest addictions are counting calories and being obsessed with my weight lol!!!

I do go for the occasional chocolate splurge

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    As a guy, I smoke cigars (I've never smoked cigarettes), but Julie is smoke-free

I don't smoke while either.

I am a dirty smoker, but if I manage to get Tara out into the big bad world, then I'd change to smoking menthols instead

x
    Tara, the fab me!

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by BlaineP
    Just curious as it seems to be somewhat common: how many of you smoke when en femme but not at all as guy?
    I “smoke” whilst dressed, and I’m NOT talking about having a controlled fire sticking out between my meticulously painted lips. I’m HOT stuff, darling

I smoked for years in both modes. And I quit in both modes and it wasn't hard at all "I wanted to." Now on rare occasions I use a menthol cigarette for a prop if the persona I am into smokes but it isn't a real smoke for me because I don't like menthol to begin with. never did.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

Quote Originally Posted by Beth Wilde View Post
    I smoke however I'm dressed, but must admit I love it more when I am in Beth mode! Something about lipstick on filters......
    Yes. I remember the very first time wearing lipstick and having a fag, as you Brits like to call them ( maybe an archaic term, if so forgive me) but it was a weird thrill to see the lipstick on the filter. Also, seeing my lipstick stains on a wineglass.
    I sometimes think I'm such a fairy

Quote Originally Posted by BlairP View Post
    Just curious as it seems to be somewhat common: how many of you smoke when en femme but not at all as guy?
    I don't smoke, but I know that there are many differences in terms of how I act, what I talk about, how I THINK, when I'm in femme. I'm transsexual so my male character is very much designed to cover, mask, and hide the girl. He is a loner, very intellectual (Mr Know-it-All as my dad used to call me), argumentative, and very likely to go off into a corner and read, take a nap, or otherwise escape from people.

In Girl mode, I'm letting the REAL ME out! There is more authenticity, compassion, eagerness to listen, more willingness to share feelings. I'll join the group earlier, stay with them longer, and really participate, laughing and giggling at their funny stories, and when appropriate to do that.

When Rex gets a compliment, it feels like some stranger got it. It's painful even.

When Debbie gets a compliment, it feels wonderful. The same when someone is happy to see me.

Perhaps one of the strangest things is when I'm DRESSED as Rex, but someone calls out to me as Debbie and is clad to see me. This is a true friend who really knows me and likes me or loves me. I experience their joy in seeing me with great joy.

When I have tried to stop being Debbie, Rex eats WAY too much, and really horrible foods. Lots of fast foods, and foods loaded with saturated fat, salt, and sugar.

When I'm living as Debbie 128 (everywhere BUT work), I lose weight, eat healthier foods, and tend to get more exercise.

I suspect that you may consider smoking part of your feminine personality because she considers it glamorous.
    Facebook - Debbie Lawrence
    Web - [URL="http://www.debbieballard.org"]DebbieBallard.org{/URL]
    See also:
    Open4Success

Quote Originally Posted by MsRenee View Post
    I dont smoke dressed either way.
    Outta my family Im the one who never chose to start.
    Renee

The same here, don't know why but I never wanted to smoke.

A girl in high school (senior year, 1961) asked if I was too young to smoke. Told her No, I was old enough to know better.

Back then I thought I was the only CDer and non smoker on the planet Earth.
    I spend a lot of time in the closet, because that's where my clothes are.

Great thought, I've only tried smoking twice. I do think about it when I'm dressed up with nothing to do.
    I don't dress to impress, I dress to outdress

Gone to live my life
    Used to smoke long ago but gave it up when I joined the military.

The one proclivity I do allow myself is a good cigar (don't inhale) with a fine glass of port twice a year (on my birthday and our anniversary - my wife joins me for that one). Always been male me when I smoke that cigar but I think this year for my B-Day, Isha will enjoy that cigar as well. After all it will be her 49th B-Day as well.

Perhaps in a trendy coat, jeans, sweater and boots will bring a nice touch of class to the event.

Hugs

Isha

Quote Originally Posted by Dalva View Post
    Yes. I remember the very first time wearing lipstick and having a fag, as you Brits like to call them ( maybe an archaic term, if so forgive me) but it was a weird thrill to see the lipstick on the filter. Also, seeing my lipstick stains on a wineglass.
    We still buy packets of fags. One of my favourite quotes was from a guy who was a sales rep for a tobacco company here years ago, he was at a social event in the USA and someone asked what he did to which he replied "I flog fags". Apparently, the silence was deafening!!

Nearly 40 replies but only 2 answers to the question. The question was not "do you smoke?".

I quit smoking 40 years ago and have never considered starting again in any mode. I don't think smoking is sexy. I used to date a woman who was so addicted to smoking she would take a break during a meal to smoke a cigarette.

Up close she smelled like an ashtray.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    Nearly 40 replies but only 2 answers to the question. The question was not "do you smoke?".
    About average for most forums Nicole!

I would imagine the "Girl yes, Boy no" thing is quite rare, smoking is addictive after all....

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    Were we only supposed to answer if we smoke when en femme but not at all as guy?
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

I guess so, Beth. Perhaps what the OP was getting at was this: there are a lot of people who think smoking is sexy, especially for a woman, and they are somewhat aroused by lipstick prints and other aspects of women smoking. I mean, why else would a person smoke in femme mode but not in guy mode? As a former smoker, I have smoked in femme mode (just occasionally) but I see it as "I smoked, but I'm not a smoker". The purpose of the smoking was not to get a nicotine fix but for the visual effect. Sort of like a man who transformed into a woman for a Halloween event can say "I crossdressed, but I'm not a crossdresser".
    I agree that "girl yes, boy no" smoking is rather rare. Too bad to have to wade through the non-answers, though, to determine this. On top of this, we get a non-smoking TS who sees the opening to continue the dual-personality whine.
    Last edited by NicoleScott; 09-14-2013 at 08:32 AM.

Yes as Jessica I do smoke. Virginia Slims 120s. I know it is a horrible habit, but I have to admit I have a smoking fetish, and there is something so sensual about a woman smoking a long cigarette... To each there own I guess.

never fails when there's this discussion...it always breaks down into the non-smokers telling the one's that do how bad it is for us and how nasty it is...seeing as i've never left the house because i don't want to, then it seems i'm not hurting anyone but myself if i chose to...i don't go around telling people that they shouldn't smoke, eat red meat, sit on their couch and watch tv, or enjoy themselves...for a person to be so judgmental makes me wonder what would happen if someone told you that you couldn't dress! i like baseball, basketball, and football, but don't care for soccer but i'm not going to knock anyone that does because that's part of your enjoyment in life...and save the "well, when you have COPD later in life" crap cause in this day and age, we all kind of know the repercussions...

I agree with rachel . . .

I thought this was an interesting post because the OP brought up a question that I've wondered about myself, but as I saw the direction it was headed I decided that maybe I shouldn't have even bothered responding in the first place due to some of the comments. Kind of odd that most members on the forum want acceptance, but if you happen to be someone who smokes - guess its a different story! . . .

I guess I'm done with this thread . . .
    Last edited by Lady Mandy; 09-14-2013 at 11:52 PM.
    Man bag??? . . . No silly, its a purse!

I can't say for sure, but I had something similar going on. In guy clothes, I hate hate hate anything tight around my neck; can't stand turtleneck sweaters, tight collars, etc.. But when I dressed as a girl, I used to wear chokers, turtlenecks, and with my maid's uniform liked to wear a cute collar with lace and flower trim on it, and none of that ever felt uncomfortable at all when I was wearing it, I could wear it all day, every day, even to sleep. I think that the physical sensation of wearing something that provides tactile feedback, or in your case, visual and physical feedback of something not connected with your normal male experience, reinforces to you that you're now female and not a male. I remember reading about other things too, like a guy who normally drank beer, but when dressed as a girl would only drink wine, again, probably to help distance himself from self identifying as a male.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Yes, I used to think smoking was sexy, and wanted to do it as a girl, when I was 20. But by the time I was 30, my sister, who was 6 years younger than me looked 10 years older than me. My younger brother looked older as well. My mother was having lung problems, and looked 20 years older than her real age.

I smoked from 1978 to 1987, and finally quit on the Freedom in 21 days program. I had been trying to quit from 1980 to 1987 and was finally FREE!

Yes, there were many movies where beautiful women smoked cigarettes elegantly and beautifully, but many of those who really DID smoke aged far too quickly. Celluloid preserves an all too brief moment in time when a woman is most beautiful.

I'm far more impressed by women like Cher, Raquel Welch, Heidi Klum, and Madonna, who have maintained beautiful faces and bodies by maintaining a very healthy life-style. Now THAT'S the kind of sexy I would want to be if I had it to do over again. It's still something to shoot for at 57.
    Facebook - Debbie Lawrence
    Web - [URL="http://www.debbieballard.org"]DebbieBallard.org{/URL]
    See also:
    Open4Success

Cher, Raquel Welch, Heidi Klum, and Madonna have all been smokers at one point or another...some of them still do, just not "regular" smokers, which would make them the same as the ones that only smoke in girl mode...so, there's something to shoot for....

again, love the lectures...i had forgot what college was like until this topic came up

I did manage to frighten the hell out of an ex-colleague who pointed out that smoking was bad for me in a pub beer garden (the alcohol helped a little). My response was about twice as loud as I normally speak and in a tone of utter surprise: "F*** me, is it??? Well thank the lord you pointed that out to me, it's a complete and utter revelation!! If you hadn't come along with your sage advice, I might have been endangering my health. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you with all my heart for your concern and desire to help others". This went on until he walked off somewhat wide eyed.....