Thread: Very Excited to Walk a Mile in Her Shoes

Very Excited to Walk a Mile in Her Shoes

The ladies in our office decided that it would be great if we signed up to participate in the Walk a Mile in Her Shoes event in our City. I did not protest. If you are not aware of “The Walk” it is a fundraiser sponsored by the YWCA as a way to raise funds and promote awareness for domestic violence.

It is not often that we crossdressers can talk openly about something most of us keep quiet and in the shadows, so I have been taking this opportunity to have fun and talk about wearing women’s shoes whenever possible. We are talking about what styles would look good on me, colours, heel size and I just get to play along. I have also put it on facebook and sent emails to our friends. My walk in heels is out there and I am enjoying the attention. Life is good!

I will be heading into the office on Monday to a pair of heels supplied by my colleagues that I will have to try on and show off for them. They are also recommending that I practice in the office before the walk on Thursday. There will be no complaints from me.

The ladies are also planning on some surprises for us guys (There is another male doing the walk) and I have basically stated that I am willing to wear whatever they have planned, for the YWCA and to increase our donations. It sounds like there will be stockings and a pink tutu. I have said that I would wear fishnets (my personal favourties) for the team.

I think I have a great sense of humour so there should not be any tells. Of course there are always the little jokes about whether I wear them on the weekend and things like that but it is all in good fun.

If the opportunity comes up in your office or city you should take the opportunity to sign up the office.

As a follow up, I do not want to perpetuate the impression that crossdressing is a laughing matter or something that is not serious, so I am trying to make sure that those that do crossdress should be treated with respect.

Thanks for listening!

Mwah! Mercedes XOXOXO

Sounds like a lot of fun for a good cause, just don't strain an ankle :P

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    I've got a nice pair of flats that would do just fine.
    Have fun!!!
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Have fun and remember it's for a good cause. Try to be brave about being 'forced' to wear heels

And remember to take some pics!!
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

What a fantastic idea & great opportunity . And for a great cause Mercedes! Have FUN!!!!

MANDY
    Man bag??? . . . No silly, its a purse!

One of the guys in our area participated and had a pedicure also! I thought that maybe he was one of us.

These events are always helpful to us and I just go with the flow when it happens.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Platinum Member
    Have fun...and push for something more professional, like a pencil skirt!

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    Have fun...and push for something more professional, like a pencil skirt!
    I will make the suggestion Kim, as I love the way they feel. But I think the ladies already have a plan.

Mercedes if they force you to wear heels, stockings and a pink tutu, sign me up for next year

Sounds like a fun time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercedes View Post

I think I have a great sense of humour so there should not be any tells.

Lol Really? I understand wanting to talk about it more openly, having women to share this side of you with is so wonderful! :-)

However, you're suffering from Pink Fog asphyxiation if you thing there's no tell. The fact that you bring up heels whenever you can? It's the act of wearing heels in the walk that is how men are supporting the cause, but you want to go into style, color, etc.?

And are you seriously talking about suggesting wearing a skirt? Again, there is nothing wrong with any of this. I'm just saying if the purpose is to keep the feminine part of you under wraps, I think it's unlikely.

If you are not completely clumbsy in woman's attire and shoes, they sorry to say, but you're going to be 'OUT', because it will be very clear that you're accustomed to wearing them. You can deny it all you want, and due to the situation, probably everyone will be polite. But don't make any mistake, they will all know. ESPECIALLY IF YOU CAN EVEN TAKE A FEW STEPS NORMALLY OR WALK AT ALL IN HEELS; even teenage girls fall down the first time they're wearing them; it's like using stilts; you may have used them before in life, and remember how to use them. but if you just get up on them and easily walk around, you're going to be 'made' as a regular user of the item(s).
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 09-15-2013 at 01:49 AM.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

As a girl whose worn heels I didn’t ever fall down I just walked with intent and was rigid. Tell them you've practiced before you do the event if this is a big worry?

Platinum Member
    Hi Mercedes, I've seen a couple walks like that and some of the guys look way too normal walking in heels.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Hopefully they will have a pair that will not hurt your feet. You might think of bring a pair that you normally wear and are comfortable with. If they ask, tell them you went to a charity/thrift store to find a pair that you knew would fit just in case they didn't.
    DonnaT

Sounds like fun, I've often thought to myself that if I had the chance to go in this event that I would want to go all the way, wig and all..... Maybe that's what they have planned for you! haha