Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Half and Half, or there about

Gillian, I would love to be able to mix it up. Just replacing my male shorts with a skirt would be awesome.

Aspiring Member
    Count me group also.

I totally agree stefan37. You have to own it and exude confidence.

Junior Member Stephanie Voorhees's Avatar
    I wish that's how the world would be. I like women's clothes better than men's clothes. I'm not trying to be a woman. Hell, I wouldn't convince a blind person that I am anything other than "a guy in a dress". Women can enjoy sexy skirts, heels, and pantyhose OR jeans and a t-shirt... Why can't men have the same luxury?

I would love to live in such a society. Like you, I don't think I would dress en femme all the time. Heels really are impractical for everyday use, dresses are not ideal for bathroom break, wigs are too hot, and makeup just takes too long to get right. My usual daily wear would probably be a tunic or skirt with tights or leggings. Comfortable but cute ballet flats. No wig or makeup. I would then go all en femme maybe once or twice a week.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JamieG View Post
    I would love to live in such a society. Like you, I don't think I would dress en femme all the time. Heels really are impractical for everyday use, dresses are not ideal for bathroom break, wigs are too hot, and makeup just takes too long to get right. My usual daily wear would probably be a tunic or skirt with tights or leggings. Comfortable but cute ballet flats. No wig or makeup. I would then go all en femme maybe once or twice a week.
    That about discribes it, it would be great to take the best parts and leave out whatever we individually considered to be a hassle. Is that not what many women do, they pick and choose what they consider to be the best of mens clothing. We are trapped by our cultural history and the question is who or what will cause a change.
    As Gandhi said, "We must be the change we want to see in the world". This kind of change requires sacriface and too many of us are not willing to make the sacriface, me included. Yet maybe we start to change the course of history one degree at a time. It takes time and distance to turn a large ship around, so we do it one degree at a time. As the quote goes, " how do you eat an elephant....one bite at a time".
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillian Gigs
    So here is the question, if we lived in a world where noone took notice, or cared how people dressed, how many of us would live our lives mixing and matching our boy and girl wardrobes?
    I would do that. In fact I would revert to my original mode of M+F “presentation” and skip the overtly femme stuff. My wardrobe could be either/or, androgynous in the truest sense. At this point in time I’m drawing back from the brink of what some define as femininity. I just don’t need more than is required to make me happy. So, yes, if nobody noticed or cared I might dress as I please, perhaps re-inspiring me to crank things up to MAKE people take notice or care…

I would use that part of town if there was such a thing. I love to mix it up and it would be great to have that freedom, but until that happens ill have to keep male on the outside and female under. When it's all you have it's going to have to do.

Truth, Love, Freedom Angiemead12's Avatar
    Im a halfie as well, wearing girls jeans most of the time

Do I like one over the other . . . hard to say. Some days I prefer Isha over male me and other days vice versa. The interesting thing is the more I explore this side of me the more they are both present regardless of how I am dressed.
    That's more like how I feel. Since I also have a fear of being outed, I would have to be fully en femme to go out (which one day I hope to do!). Fear is paralyzing, but because being a CD isn't my whole life, and many of my other life goals I see myself accomplishing in guy mode, I have chosen to keep them separate. But the lady side is always present, even if I'm not in a skirt. A gg coworker who doesn't know I'm a CD told me "wearing a skirt is so great--I'm sorry you have to wear pants all the time!" I just smiled because yes, I definitely know how great skirts are, and I would love to wear them more often!

~Ashley~

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I guess I'm gender split on this issue. Tina is not going to wear male clothes. She might slide into some tight jeans but that's as close as she gets. My male side wears women's jeans as the fit is so much better but I enjoy suits and my tux and all the male trimmings.

My mix would be alternating my gendered selves while keeping the clothing gender separate.

I think if we all lived in that utopian world my choice would clearly be mix and match with my clothes. But I may even go a step further with a hint of makeup, or perhaps jewelry. After all, if nobody noticed or cared what I wore, I could be myself with no concern about passing.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Count me in i would love to be able to go out fully dressed..

I think that, once things reached an equilibrium, everybody would be wearing womens' casual clothes most of the time. They are the most comfortable and convenient for everyday wear.

Women's dressy clothes and shoes, while looking amazing, are not terribly comfortable. Shorts, jeans, and Capris along with T-shirts or simple cotton blouses are quite comfortable Look at what GGs typically wear and you have what I would wear most of the time.

Actually, when not at work, I dress this way. Capris and shorts all summer, jeans all winter, even in male mode. I save the dresses and skirts for when I'm out of my no-fly zone, but I can express myself a bit in male mode.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Stephy,

A guy with short hair, stubble, hairy legs and arms wearing femme clothing will be assumed to be doing it as a joke and laughed at.

That's why I do not go out into RW.

I would say count me in on this too.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Gillian I am there with you, I really love the girls styles in so many ways and I would most defiantly mix and match if I could get away with it. I mean I know that male styles are a little more colorful theses days but nothing beats a nice skirt or soft flowing dress. I wish it would be more acceptable to wear things and not just be called out on it as gay or feminine. Clothes today are so different than they were century's ago so maybe it will change.