Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a perfect example of the difference between men and women

Banned Read only

a perfect example of the difference between men and women

The other day I asked a question to the GGs and several were gracious enough to respond. What came out was a theme that, to me, was quite comical and highlights the differences between us. The answer theme was that these ladies wore or didn't wear a kind of dress because they liked or didn't like their shoulders and arms.

Now, as a guy, I can safely state that I have never pointed out a woman to a friend and said, "Check out her shoulders." "Wow, she's got great arms." It seems so funny to me. I'll bet that that 99.9999% of men follow some form of this: F.B.B.L. (Face, boobs, butt, legs).

So, to the GGs, I love you. We are from different planets.

I have to agree with you Jen. I think many GGs are self consious about parts of their bodys that we as guys overlook or ingore completely.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

lol!!! you nailed it, Jennifer! we are from different planets and thank god for that! it is their multitude of fascinating differences from us that makes me love women so much, AND makes me want to spend time being one of them! i'll have to incorporate thinking about how my shoulders look into my repertoire while i'm being a girl! sounds like fun!!!
    molly

Do the words "shoulder pads" mean anything to you? They were all the rage among professional women at one time. It was a way of subtly adding to their presence.
    I'm a guy who likes girls, I just like a little more about them than the average guy.

Platinum Member
    Hi Jenn, My wife positively will not wear anything that is sleeveless.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Tiffany,
    What do you mean? "subtly" adding to their presence.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Yes, women have their own insecurities about their looks. The first chapters in Nora Ephron's "I Hate My Neck" gives some great and funny examples of that. At my age I am starting to notice those natural aging indications of sagging jowls, flabby arms and the dreaded mini-wrinkles all over the place and especially in those areas that I want to show off! I notice them on myself and now am more observant of those things on others, especially women.

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    Jennifer, I have the same issues as those ladies; I'm a little leery of anything that overly exposes my shoulders, so strapless and spaghetti-strap dresses are not in the cards. I can do shoulder straps if they're widely-separated enough not to unduly emphasize my shoulders, but I prefer at least some sleeve, even just cap sleeves.

On the other hand, Sabrina has passed some tops and dresses on to me because I can wear V-necks better than she can.

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

The one that gets me most is women's preoccupation with shoes. Other than guys with foot fetishes, I don't know any guy who gives a crap about what shoes a woman wears, or about her height. If she's hot, she's hot. Height doesn't come into the equation. And as they've already got a distinctive 'wiggle' from the difference in anatomy, there's no real reason to wear heels to exaggerate it. A hot girl who's 4'11" will always be favored over a 5'3" girl who's ugly and/ or overweight. I'm 6'4", and dated one of those hot 4'10" girls. Never had a problem with the height.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Lol that makes me feel good then because when I was wearing a dress not that long ago, I couldnt get over how bad my shoulders looked. I naturally have wide shoulders and when I wear womens clothing, I'm very self conscious about them. I guess that means I have the mind of a GG! Yay!!

I have somewhat muscular manly arms so that's why I rarely buy sleeveless dresses.

I get really attracted to some womens arms and shoulders, almost as much as legs! I think many women are sick of being sexual objects to men, and some hide their arms and legs. Leg sightings can be rare at times.

I love how y'all (or at least many who have already posted) think that all women care about is how guys think they look.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephoneâ„¢ and Persephoneâ„¢ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

I'm with Persephone. Many of us become less self-conscious about our appearance as we age (some of us manage this when young), and we really do come into our own. At the same time, most of us are aware that our bodies have changed and that we are no longer young and so we stop wearing the minis, the halters, the skin-tight tops and dresses, etc.

There are many women who do not like to show off an aspect of their bodies that they think is less than perfect. Translate this to "This is not what the models that we are bombarded with all our lives look like". LOL Seriously, how many women past a certain age actually enjoy shopping for a bathing suit?
    Reine

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    The one that gets me most is women's preoccupation with shoes. Other than guys with foot fetishes, I don't know any guy who gives a crap about what shoes a woman wears,
    You've got to be kidding! I always notice a nice pair of high heeled shoes on a woman. It's one of the first things I notice. I thought most guys found high heels sexy? Or have I just discovered I have a foot fetish?
    I dance to a different beat.

Small town in western Kansas middle of nowhere
    If women were not insecure about their appearance a lot plastic surgeons would be out of business along with some other types. Just take a look at the all products out there designed to help women "look better", some of them we all have looked at and wondnered about like all the breast enhancement pills and creams, anti aging potions, the list goes on.

I may be an oddball, ok so I know I'm an oddball, but I never looked at girls, or women for what I could fault them over, or for something that was huge asset to them. When I look at a woman I wonder if she can carry on an intelligent conversation, and if we can avoid the arguement that would come if religion or politics came up.
    "It takes all kinds of kinds" Miranda Lambert
    Now some point a finger and let ignorance linger
    If they'd look in the mirror they'd find.
    That ever since the beginning to keep the world spinning
    It takes all kinds of kinds.

When I associate with a woman, the physical stuff is not that important to me even though I'm a guy and the obvious biological imperative is alive and well. I mostly appreciate who she is as a person and show it with my interaction. That seems to go a long way, insecurities notwithstanding.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Quote Originally Posted by Stephy View Post
    You've got to be kidding! I always notice a nice pair of high heeled shoes on a woman. It's one of the first things I notice. I thought most guys found high heels sexy? Or have I just discovered I have a foot fetish?
    Don't panic, you're not alone. I too have a thing about high heels, but preferably with MY feet in them and Ii haven't got a fetish about my feet, nor anybody elses.

Gloria

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    The one that gets me most is women's preoccupation with shoes. Other than guys with foot fetishes, I don't know any guy who gives a crap about what shoes a woman wears, or about her height.
    Have you considered that a woman just might do it for herself? I have heard guys saying things like, "no one cares what color a girl's nails are painted." All I can say is maybe she likes her nails painted. Know what I'm sayin'?
    Peace and love, - Christy

Quote Originally Posted by GroovyChristy View Post
    ...a woman just might do it for herself?...
    Yeah, like wearing a sexy pair of panties even though they are definitely not anticipating an encounter of that type and no one will ever see it during the day. It gives you a mental boost. It's like that, I figure, with wearing clothing that you know emphasizes your best assets, like wearing the right pair of jeans that can make your butt look good or a skirt that shows off the right amount of leg.
    I'm a guy who likes girls, I just like a little more about them than the average guy.

Alot of women past 35 seem to not like their upper arms and what can be rather ungraciously termed "bingo wings" and it's good business for fashion designers designing fashion that conceals that area for the more mature lady i'd think.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    While I agree with your thread premise, Jenn, I don't like your example.

I'm not overly observant but I DO notice women's arms. I've seen enuff older women's flapping "wings" and younger women's bloated upper arms to know they don't seem to care about how their arms look. Or, they'd cover them. And, I often notice thin, shapely arms on women that have them.

Since my arms r one of my worst features, maybe I appreciate sexy fem arms all the more because I can't present them!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Stephy is right. There's nothing like a nice set of womens legs. High heels do that to legs. Thank God

Silver Member
    I think we are all from different planets but not because of concern aboutdress sleeves.

Both men and women cover their perceived physical concerns with clothing or accessories - no difference. If a guy wears a baseball hat all the time, he is usually bald (or plays for the Dodgers). Sweat shirts and sweaters cover beer guts. Women cover legs with pants and arms with long sleeves. I don't see a difference.

It also doesn't correlate to the somewhat crude male evaluation checklist. Even if someone knows their face or figure will be noticed first, they will still be self-conscious to flatter or cover peceived flaws (examples - legs, arms, shoulders).

Quote Originally Posted by GroovyChristy View Post
    Have you considered that a woman just might do it for herself? I have heard guys saying things like, "no one cares what color a girl's nails are painted." All I can say is maybe she likes her nails painted. Know what I'm sayin'?
    The nails I can understand. However, the heels?
    With all the complaints I've heard over the years about how much they hurt after walking around in them all day, unless she's into pain, I can't imagine a woman choosing to wear heels if no man was going to see them, because that's why they wear them: If men were turned on by women wearing flip flops, some women would wear them even when it snowed. Example; how many women wear heels around the house when she's cleaning? How many wear them if they're home alone doing the laundry? I don't see any women getting home after a hard day at work, and saying to herself, let me put on something more comfortable: I know; a pair of 5 inch spikes.

Quote Originally Posted by vallerie lacy View Post
    Stephy is right. There's nothing like a nice set of womens legs. High heels do that to legs. Thank God
    So, you find the legs of of hot young women in teeny bikinis, walking around on the beach barefoot, to be a turn off???? You've got to be kidding me.
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 09-17-2013 at 08:26 AM.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.