Thread: Close Friend

Close Friend

Tonight I was feeling exceptionally stir crazy and wanted to get out of the house. There has been some awkwardness between my wife and I since she told my parents about me and I just wanted to get out for a few hours.
    I sent a text to a buddy of mine and he and I went out for sushi. He has been a very close friend of mine for the last 13 years and we have always been open and honest with each other about everything. Well tonight I told him about me being transgender and basically that was the last piece to the puzzle of my situation with my wife and I.
    It actually went really well. He of course laughed a little and was like...ok hold up...this is definitely NOT how I was expecting this night to go lol. We talked a lot about it and he did his best to wrap his brain around it. He of course struggled with the thoughts of the whys but eventually chalked it up to a similar situation to those who like spicy foods and those who don't. It was a good comparison I thought. I explained how I felt inside when I do wear womens clothing and the peace and comfort that comes over me and he said it sounded a lot like how he gets when he comes home from work and strips down to nothing. He hates clothes and hates wearing them. Hes talked about living in a nudist colony because he hates them so much. He gets the same feeling of peace when he strips down.
    I showed him outfits that i have made on polyvore and he looked at me and then pretended to slap me across the face. He was like...dude...dude...Wth...you need to be doing this for a living! These outfits are awesome!
    So! At this point, my closest friend now knows and took it in stride. He of course wants to start a fashion business with me where I design outfits and all that. He is completely accepting of me and claims that he knew something was hiding in me but "now it all makes perfect sense". I told him not to be surprised if I show up to hang out sometime all done up and he said that he doesnt really care what I wear but he couldnt make any promises that he wouldnt laugh. I'm ok with that. Im not over sensitive and know that deep down, he accepts me for me and thats what I care about. So the circle of those in the know is expanding rapidly and I'm perfectly fine with that. The sooner its all completely out there the sooner life can go on and move on and I can be myself around everyone.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Sounds like he is fine with it so kudos to you!

Congrats Eva Lynn on telling your friend. I had a similar experience last year with my best friend. He also was completely supportive. I hope the rest of your journey is filled with the same love and support.

Mercedes. XOXOXO

Your friend sounds like an awesome guy to be around.

I actually like the little comparison to this and spicy foods. I guess it helps that he has a bit of a quirk of his own with the "semi nudist" thing.
    I really think he is a good friend because he said he was okay with you showing up dressed to hang out with him, and letting you know that he might let out a laugh when he sees you for the first time. This lets you know that he isn't trying to be mean, he's just unsure of what to expect when he sees you as a girl for the first time, so he might crack up in response to it. Kinda like how you get people who go "OH MY GOD!" when they see something unexpected.

I'd say he is probably a keeper as friends go.
    I'm a guy who likes girls, I just like a little more about them than the average guy.

That's great You go girl.
    Angie

Eva,
    You still need to go slowly with him so as you do not weird him out.
    It is acceptable on the surface, but there are always some doubts deep down that he will have to get used to.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Eva,

This is great news for you. However, I agree with Beverley, don't go too quickly until you are sure he is really fine with it. But in the end, you know your friend better than any of us.

Hugs and congrats on this step

Isha

It's a good way to see if your friend is a true friend. Revel your inner self. If he or she excepts it. Then you know you have a true to the end friend. I'm going to try this also. Daviolin
    [SIZE="6"]
    [/SIZE]
    A CD AND HIS WARDROBE, ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING.

Eva Lynn
    Sounds like things are looking better for you. He seems like a good friend. When he sees how much enjoyment a crossdresser gets when dressed, he may change his mind about wanting to be a nudist.

I came out via email to a long time friend of mine who has been through two painful divorces, where the wifes left him. He actually admitted that he had CD'd at a teen age, but quit, and never didit again. He seems noncondemning, and that's good. I noticed a year ago, that he had commented on my dressed vidieos that were on my former Youtube videos. Good for you. That took guts, and he is ok.

He is definitely is a great friend. In terms of going slowly with him, I wouldn't worry too too much. Me being transgender pales in comparison to some of the topics hes brought up in the past. Besides, hes one of those guys who when a thought comes into his head, hell ask or say it. His thing is...dont ask a question you are not prepared to hear a truthful answer to. He thinks thats one reason he doesnt have a girlfriend lol. It was rather funny though. Random thoughts would pop into his mind and he would just blurt them out, like...so if you could have boobs, would you? Or...ok, if you wear womens underwear then where does your equipment go? And do my heels make my calves pop like womens do? Hes messed around with wearing womens clothing in the past but typically only joking around with his ex. He said he never had a mindset of being who he truly was when wearing womens clothes.
    Oh and he did mention also that there was a woman he dated from Japan (went over there twice to see her) who ended up being a post op TS. He said even after fooling around he had no idea. She told him and unfortunately he ended the relationship. He is super big into family and wants his future wife to be able to pop out as many kids as possible and have a huge family. He couldnt do that with this woman. Especially since she didnt legally have paperwork to move outside of Japan and was living there illegally. Anyhoo, needless to say, hes seen a lot and not much phases him in terms of shock and awe. Im glad to have him as a friend and im sure hell have plenty of questions the next time we talk. Ill be happy to answer any that I can. The whys and how comes though, sadly I hhave no answer other than....its simply a part of who I am.
    Last edited by Aly Cat; 09-18-2013 at 10:39 AM.

What a great friend. If we can all be so lucky.
    Amanda

You have a friend there. That's as good as it gets. Great for you.

Thanks for sharing, sounds incredible and wonderful and I wish the world had more "friends" like your friend.
    “They’re not women’s clothes. They’re my clothes. I bought them.” (Eddie Izzard)

That's about as heartwarming as it gets ^_^

You should be very proud of yourself. I would not have had the guts.
    Sally