Thread: My first sexist moment, today

My first sexist moment, today

My first sexist moment! Today, at my shop, I had called about a problem and a factory rep came out to try to help. Well, my boss introduced me to him when he arrived and she also asked a couple other techs to observe how we may resolve the particular technical issue.

Well after we meet and then started the technical talk, he immeadiatly stops looking at me and starts talking directly to one of the other male techs who was not involved at all. (they were both well over 6 foot and talking eye to eye, I'm 5'5")

I almost had to wave up at him and sort of indicate, hey, I'm the one you need to be talking to. Finally after he realized I was the technical person he needed to be talking to, all went well.

I shared this with my boss, laughlingly saying I had my first sexist moment. She said "Welcome to the world of women. I have had this kind of treatment all my life." She has always been very technical, starting out being the only female in electronics shop class in high school.
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

Men! I ask you, who needs 'em? (Tongue in cheek!) I'm sure there will be plenty more. Just another I get to look forward to; that and a guy talking to my breasts!

Sounds like you have a great boss.

Hugs,

Leah
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.

Funny when I was full time man I got that treatment all the time. (heck I guess I wasn't that much of a man anyway)

and I have noticed that men are not the only ones who talk to your chest....women do it too.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Quote Originally Posted by almostalady View Post
    and I have noticed that men are not the only ones who talk to your chest....women do it too.
    I suppose it is envy... they want to find if your pair is "original" or not, if they find it is not then their "self esteem" is saved.

As a side, I saw something on FaceBook yesterday that I am reminded of in regards to men staring at our chests.

What I saw read this way,
    "Don't think you have bigger balls than me. Mine had to be put on my chest to avoid clanking." with an image of a lady in a dress, hat, and parasol.

They're just jealous of our balls.

Just some food for thought.

-Liz
    The source of fear is in the future
    And a person freed of the future
    Has nothing to fear

"That's life. It's not always rainbows and farts. Sometimes the farts have a little something extra." -Emma

Rock meet Hard Place.

I just loved the first and so far, only time I got to point to my eyes and use the old line "hey hun, I'm up here... " with a co-worker who's eyes strayed down to my chest as I was describing the effects of HRT while outing to him. He turned red as a beet, and has been a perfect gentlemen ever since.
    :-)
    ​​ღϠ₡ღ✻ Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡✻ ღϠ₡ღ✻

No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent
    Eleanor Roosevelt

​​​ღϠ₡ღ✻ Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡✻ ღϠ₡ღ✻

Your co-worker should have stopped the rep and indicated that he should be talking to you. By not doing so, he contributed to the problem.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

I agree, Linda.
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

I worked for five years or so with a very intelligent and capable female. Although I was the "boss", I made sure that she got credit for her contributions whenever possible. It was a "team" effort.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

When somebody asks (usually someone I'm coming out to after not seeing each other a long time) if those are mine, I just reply 'Of course, I've got a receipt somewhere.'

About sexism. I help a friend out renovating rental houses. He knows nothing at all about design, or construction (he's just the money). As the trades come in, I'm standing there with dust in my hair, and running makeup, holding a nailgun, and they speak to the homeowner, who's wearing a suit! I have to wait until somebody notices my boobs so I can tell him which room is the laundry, and where the toilet goes.