Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GGs and the Photo Section

Quote Originally Posted by Di View Post
    Because as GGs we feel ignored and get shot down if we do give out our observations.
    I have pmd members to help if I see something ....and even that is sometimes taken not in the spirit I mean it in....so I give up
    That's a good point. I can see where somebody can easily take the idea of somebody (especially a GG) because they are a woman, trying to help as criticism instead. I think the goal of most MTF's is to look as convincing as possible and many are sensitive to any advice or help because they are so serious about it they can be offended.

I guess the best thing to do is just be careful unless the poster acts for constructive criticism and even then I'm not so sure.
    Last edited by Marleena; 09-20-2013 at 08:19 PM. Reason: clarity

GG/SO of a CD
    I normally only take the time to post on people who I think A.) have a really good presentation or B.) I know.

So... If I comment on your picture thread. Its normally a good thing. Lol. But I have posted constructive criticism before and gotten a favorable response. Maybe because I have only been here for like 6 months and I haven't been here as long as the other girls I haven't had that bad of a response. Sure some of my posts have been ignored, but what do I care. Its the internet. I don't expect the OP to respond to EVERY message. I don't normally take it personally if my comment is ignored. Because I have had threads where someone responds, I take note and move on and thank everyone in a general post.

I dunno. I thinks that some people are more sensitive than others. But it is good form to thank anyone who posts in your thread with a (not rude of course) comment.

Maybe when cristisim comes form a GG that's not the "omg you look so good" CDers feel embarrassed that they don't "pass" as well as they think they do?
    Last edited by Tamara Croft; 09-21-2013 at 09:13 AM. Reason: no she can't and they've been deleted.....

I normally try to thank people for their comments, but sometimes it can go on forever so I usually wait a while and thank folks as a group.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    ....Maybe when cristisim comes form a GG that's not the "omg you look so good" CDers feel embarrassed that they don't "pass" as well as they think they do?
    This is the heart of the matter but who better to offer advice than a woman?! I think very few really want "advice" and simply want a positive stroke. My feeling is that if you post and ask for advice you should be thankful for it AND if a woman offers it, be damn thankful. I really do wish the women would go to that forum more and offer real critiques. I know most women don't want to burst bubbles, but for the cross dresser presentation is everything. We need your help.
    Last edited by Tamara Croft; 09-21-2013 at 10:20 AM. Reason: fixed quote

Gone to live my life
    To be honest (no pun intended), if you really want honest feedback, you should say so in your post.

Personally, I will be posting a thread in a few days under photos with some very up close head shots. Submitted it yesterday but I was told I had to wait a week from my last . . . that will teach me "not" to read the rules Not looking for an ego stroke but serious comments. I get it, I am a guy and looking totally feminine . . . not going to happen. However, if I want to venture out with my wife again, I need to ensure I have a fighting chance of blending (never going to pass) so I don't put her in a bad situation. I understand that looks are only half of the presentation but, they are a critical half.

Personal observation - I find a lot of gals post pictures because they want to share and exciting adventure. They might not necessarily be looking for feedback good or bad, just sharing a happy moment. That I think is where critical feedback might go bad because it was not solicited.

So if you want an honest opinion, ask for it up front. But you need to be prepared to take the good with the bad. As far as worrying about people's sensitivities, you can still be critical without being cruel . . . Something like, "you really need to do something about your eyebrows is critical and construction" However if you comment is "Try a paper bag on your head when you go out" that would be just cruel and mean.

My two cents

Hugs

Isha

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I appreciate all comments from GG's here and their opinion means everything to me.
    I think Greenie is right on target in her post.You hate to comment in fear of hurting feelings.
    Thick skin is something a MtF needs because 90% of the time we don't pass even tho' we think we do.

I would never post a pic asking how I look. I know how I look. I am a "guy in a dress". With the right lighting, camera angle, distance, filters, and editing, I will still look like a "guy in a dress". Unless the GG has a "guy in a dress" fetish I assume she has more important things to peruse.
    Live and let dress.

The non-GG next door.... Candice Mae's Avatar
    I've got a few replies from GG's here over the years, with the amount of threads I post it accounts for probably less than .005% of my replies. I greatly appreciate it when a GG replies to my posts, its nice a their view on how I look good or bad.

Aspiring Member Silentpartner GG SO's Avatar
    Hi all, not been here in an age but thought I'd like to reply to this one

IMO GG's are generally more observant of the little things that make a feminine look - so if you really want to improve your look/ability to pass then the GG's input on your photos is probably more helpful.

Can I suggest that when you post a photo in the photo section you start with asking what you really want to know - something along the lines of:

please be kind
    please be honest - GGs only
    please be honest - no GG input thanks
    please give honest criticism - GG's & all genders welcome
    no comments or criticism thanks
    please don't blow smoke up my skirt!

at least that way we will all know where we are - no inadvertent offence etc.