Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is that a bra you're wearing?

Is that a bra you're wearing?

Whenever I underdress and I am around the public I have always feared the possibility of someone casually touching my back and feeling my bra. Have any of you had this happen, and how did you handle the resulting reaction.

It does happen. I do feel uncomfortable when someone does it. But even if they suspect (or have discovered) no one has ever said anything to me after the accidental contact.

I always figure if someone violates my personal space, they get what they deserve and no explanation necessary.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

If for whatever reason you aren't ready to own it should underdressing with a bra be detected by the Muggles, DON'T DO IT.

BTW, for everyone who might say something to you about it, there are probably 20 more who noticed and didn't say a word to your face.

It's all about risk versus reward (?) and your tolerance for being outed to others.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

I was wearing a shirt & pretty thick sweater and had my boss's wife touch my shoulder. Not sure if she actually felt the strap or not, but nothing was ever said.

I have to giggle at this thread. It seems to be an exploration of mixing gender items. How many give a second look to a GG in camo pants and a flannel shirt? But a guy with protruding boobs, whether by bra, forms or naturally is an oddity. What about eye makeup or tinted moisturizer in drab? Probably raise some eyebrows too.

Look, if I underdress with a bra, just a plain old underwire no pushup padding or 'helpers', my girls are prominent. No mistaking it. If I go au natural in a fitted Tshirt, the boobs are still prominent, though a bit less out there. No mistaking it either. So to me it makes no difference. The only solution is loose fitted clothing with or without a bra. This is my usual drab uniform.

If anyone starts touching me, without prior consent of course, I take it as an invasion of my personal space and react. Whether dressed, in drab or in mixed gender clothing my personal space is sacrosanct. Violations will raise a reaction. This is just plain old preemptive self defense posture, which has been discussed elsewhere is many shapes and forms.

Hugs, Robin

I am usually noticed in a bra and close fitting blouse.
    Then again I am wearing makeup, long hair and a skirt.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

This has happened to me a few times over the years....you meet a female friend and she comes up and gives me a hug.....I know she should feel my bra, maybe they don't...never had anyone question me about it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Susan V. Adams

Wear bra most days and no one has ever said anything.. But I do wear straps that are very tiny, so..

Once I was wearing a slimmer cami and I ran into an old friend at a mall so we " man-hugged" with pat in the back and he probably felt my cami.
    http://http://www.zivame.com/plie-up...-camisole.html

I'm not losing sleep over it.

only once. Female friend happened to give me a hug. Her fingers "lingered" on the clasp and I heard an "ooohkaaay" slip from her lips. I turned to her and said/asked "do you wear a bra"?...she said yes. I asked "why?" She said "because I have breasts". I then responded "so do I". "OH...I'm sorry" she responded. A short conversation ensued about medical tests and such (without doing into any of my transitioned past), gynocomastia and such, etc. The funny part of the end of the conversation was we ended up talking about fit and difference in bras like it was a perfectly normal thing to do!

Platinum Member
    I seldom wore a bra when underdressing. When I finally did I figured, oh heck, why stop there!

A while back I went to a meeting, I knew I would have on my sport coat all day, so I wore a bra. After the meeting, one of the members we were presenting to came over, thanked me and shook my hand. As I turned to leave he patted me on the back. I'm pretty sure he felt the bra as he let his hand stay there a little too long, I just smiled and went on my way. Nothing was said. Now, if I don't have meeting I will wear a bra to the office. I go to lunch, post office, bank etc., and no one ever seems to notice. If they do, nothing has ever been said.
    Stephanie

Cheryl loves heels...
    One day while off work I went to my favorite hobby shop to pick up some train parts. That day I was wearing a padded push up bra under a loose sweat shirt. One of the helpers who had helped me in the past came up and just put his hand on my back. I felt his hand land directly on the band as he led me to the area where the parts were and helped me out. Nothing was ever said by either of us but I'm sure he knew what he felt.

I had this happen once to me.

When I was a lot younger I used to play a lot of softball. My back was stiff a lot of the time and there one of my team members that would stand behind me and "pop" my back. One day my ex-wife and I were shopping and I happened to put on a bra and had a light jacket on to help hide the straps. I didn't see this guy and he came up from behind me and just grabbed me and "popped" my back. I was so scared that he would feel my bra straps or the cups, but he never said a word if did feel them.

We had a small conversation and I tried to act like nothing was different. Since he never said anything I am sure he must not have felt my bra.

Gold Member
    When I am around my Legion Post; The Cleaning Lady always comes up to me
    and rubs my back. For that reason, I can never wear a bra inside that building.
    Rader

Why yes it is, Chantelle.....one of my faves......

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I wear a bra in boy mode every day (including to work). In the summer at work I wear darker looser clothes over it but outside of work I wear a lighter colored loose(ish) t-shirt over the top of it. I have never had anyone ever say a thing to me. Sometimes (outside of work) I have even pushed it a little and wore a slightly fitted tee over it and I still have never had anyone say anything to me. In fact, I haven't even seen that anyone has displayed behavior that would indicate that they noticed.

In regards to people touching me hugging me etc. I have had people at work and outside of work touch me on the back or shoulder and sure, in the beginning I used to freeze and mildly freak out just in case they worked it out, but no, no one ever did (it would seem). Today I am very confident about openly wearing a bra in boy mode and I even sometimes wear tops that "suggest" that I am wearing something underneath. I have never had a problem.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

try handcuffs on the highway heels and short red dress

I've had it happen twice! Both times I was asked ''are you wearing a bra''! My answer both times was ''yes''! Nothing more was said!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Aspiring Member
    wear a bra everyday the only time anyone has said something was when a strap showed had this happen twice when asked if I was wearing a bra simple said yes One woman who asked said well okthe other said nothing its my life wear what I want to wear

My conversation last Weds night.

Woman: Is that a bra that has nipples built in?"

Me: No, I don't have a bra on. Here feel

Woman: But I can see your nipple when the light is right.

Me: They are forms no I don't have a bra on. Check if you like

Woman: My husband would freak out if he saw me feeling another woman.

Me: I am sure he would. But you asked
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

beautiful picture tell us what kind of bra great projection and cami is it satin

I've never been asked about it, but I know some people noticed.

Some sleep bras are very thin and don't show under teeshirts and the like—at least dark colored teeshirts.

I never wear a bra out unless I'm dressed. I just don't find the need to and the risk element is too high.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !