Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mmm... Leotards

For me,as Karen,ballet is the most feminine activity,and taking ballet lessons can wear leotards (inside the tights).Is very exciting to prepare yourself,for going to do a so womanly activity,wearing tights,leotards,boots,jeans over the tights,and pink shirt over the leotard.And when in ballet school,take off shirt,jeans and boots and stay only in leotard and tights as a real girl.I like very much lycra leotards on my body instead with tights,and ballet is a very good opportunity to wear leotards in public.

Seriously, has anyone gone to ballet class wearing only the leotard and tights. I would imagine it would cause quite a stir. Unless you are completely toned, it likely wouldn't be flattering at all and subsiquently draw much attention. I like the feel of leotards as well, but let's be realistic, in my neck of the woods women don't wear them anymore and likely for similar reasons, unless they are in perfect form, the leotard simply shows too much.

Has anyone been to class wearing only the above?

julia

Susan

I love my tards they are hard to come by were did you get yours I have two now one black and one white. I had a very nice lepeard print and a black with a zebra print on the collar but when my ex-wife found my clothes she cut them all up. So I'm still trying to find replacements for those. Pplease send me a private email if you can with the address to the web sit that you bought yours thanks. ERIKA1963
    SMILE IT COULD BE WORSE!

I would love to find a pink leotard that would fit well. I am 6' tall and have trouble finding any that are not too short. Love the ballet tutus and leotards.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Julia Cross
    Seriously, has anyone gone to ballet class wearing only the leotard and tights. I would imagine it would cause quite a stir. Unless you are completely toned, it likely wouldn't be flattering at all and subsiquently draw much attention. I like the feel of leotards as well, but let's be realistic, in my neck of the woods women don't wear them anymore and likely for similar reasons, unless they are in perfect form, the leotard simply shows too much.

julia
    When I took ballet classes a number of years ago, I would always wear my tights under my pants to class, but I usually wore a T-shirt, not a leotard. However once in a while I would wear a white leotard instead of a T-shirt. It felt great. None of us were in perfect form, so I figured that everyone else was just as self-conscious in their tights and leotards!
    Jeannie (a.k.a. Black Leotards)

Red face

I love them on other people especially ectomorphs.I just feel like with most clothes you can hide a flaw or two.The leotard is so unforgiving.Maybe I should workout in them for extra motivation?:undecidedhmmmm

If only dreams came true. susancheerleader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirragea
    I love them on other people especially ectomorphs.I just feel like with most clothes you can hide a flaw or two.The leotard is so unforgiving.
    Agreed. But they're sooo comfortable!

Quote Originally Posted by Staci
    I would love to find a pink leotard that would fit well. I am 6' tall and have trouble finding any that are not too short. Love the ballet tutus and leotards.
    Try these guys. They make them to order.
    www.leotards.ca

They ARE so comfortable. I modified mine to add crotch snaps. But I think they've gone out of style, because so many Americans are now just too big to look so good in them. I haven't worn mine in years.

SusanCheerLeader is excepted of course! And I'm sure she looks like a "10" in hers.

Hugs,

Bernice

I would wear a leotard in a heartbeat. Anything feminine is my desire.

Trouble On Wheels Francesca Chantel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Felicity
    As of late when it is cold outside, I have used a combination of tights that are as thick as some socks, with a woven nylon leotard under my guy clothes. Very comfortable vs. long johns for keeping warm.
    I have found this to be a good way to stay warm as well.

I love leos and swimsuits now, I have many loes and find them pretty often in second hand stores... Just wash them and wear them. Most of my leos are to wear under cheer outfits.

I love leotards. I love seeing them on women, and I love wearing them. Ballet dancewear is one of my most favorite categories of fem clothing, and I love dressing up like a ballerina at practice with a black leotard with some white footed tights.

I also love leotards because they help keep " the twins " in place when I'm wearing a pair of nylon tights underneath. LOL.
    [SIZE="1"]i just wanna DANCE.

myspace[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Julia Cross

julia
    hi Julia.after a lot of years taking ballet (private and class lessons),have the opportunity to dress more womanly for the lessons,and no one gives focus to what i wear.when taking private lessons, my teacher,a beautiful girl in her thirties,is very open mind,so can wear for the lesson only semi-opaque black tights,a cotton-lycra short sleeve black leotard inside the tights,and blacc ballet slippers.i m 34,in good shape,whith nice body,and when i m dressed like thi,i m not differ at all from a girl,only because i m wearing leotard inside the tights.in my ballet classes after all these years,my female classmates are used to see me in semi-opaue tights with leotard inside,but because the dress code of the school,have to wear a t-shirt to cover the leotard,but is easy looking that i m wearing leotard like a girl.many times i m wearing leggins in the beggining of ballet lessons,and my female classmates give to wear their pointe shoes for exercise the strength of my feet.

Bodyshirts

I used to love wearing a pinkbodyshirt...I wore it with hotpants..remember when they were in style...but that was back when I was a heck of a lot skinnier...combined with tights or sheer pantyhose....

Quote Originally Posted by ballerinagirl
    hi Julia.after a lot of years taking ballet (private and class lessons),have the opportunity to dress more womanly for the lessons,and no one gives focus to what i wear.when taking private lessons, my teacher,a beautiful girl in her thirties,is very open mind,so can wear for the lesson only semi-opaque black tights,a cotton-lycra short sleeve black leotard inside the tights,and blacc ballet slippers.i m 34,in good shape,whith nice body,and when i m dressed like thi,i m not differ at all from a girl,only because i m wearing leotard inside the tights.in my ballet classes after all these years,my female classmates are used to see me in semi-opaue tights with leotard inside,but because the dress code of the school,have to wear a t-shirt to cover the leotard,but is easy looking that i m wearing leotard like a girl.many times i m wearing leggins in the beggining of ballet lessons,and my female classmates give to wear their pointe shoes for exercise the strength of my feet.
    Well. I think most dance schools allow leotards to be worn UNDER the tights. But I wonder what your open-minded instructor would say if you wore a leotard OVER your tights -- or if you wore a pink leotard with pink tights. Then it might be different of a situation.

myspace[/SIZE]

I have several leotards in various colors. I agree with an earlier comment that they are not "forgiving" of some of the figure flaws and somewhat inconvenient in the restroom but they do definitely have their positive side, as mentioned in some of the earlier posts. I bought mine primarily to accessorize my ballet slipper fetish but actually like the pics in heels more. BTW my height is 6' 2". I mention this because I do remember an earlier post mentioning a problem finding leos for the taller person. I don't believe any of mine are specifically for the taller of us but just acommodate the height due to their elasticity. :cheeky:
    Attached Images Attached Images

I love my leotards & bodysuits
    I've found most of them in the second hand stores (cheap to)
    I just don't have fun -- I make the fun

Life's too short........Enjoy every day

If only dreams came true. susancheerleader's Avatar
    I knew I had more then a few leotards, but the other day I was going through my "stuff" and was astounded by my collection of them. I have 17 leotards of various types and sizes. (no thong ones... I hate thongs)

St. Louis, MO, USA, EARTH, Milky Way, Universe #993488228992

Biketards ?

I tend to go for the 'biketards' and unitards.

They make it harder to use the bathroom, but the almost always have the all important back seam that sort of lifts and separates my behind. I love that tight feeling.

I stopped at a dance supply store the other day looking for some leotards, but they had a poor selection in my size. I did purchase a pair of 'Funky Diva' Jazz pants but I'm not happy with them. Their XL is still sorta small and nylon/spandex is not the good stuff. When I order on line I like to get the Bal-Togs because they run larger (I ware a L with them) and they have great nylon/Spandex

leotard and hose

I have a few leotards, all high cut with thong backs. I wear them with nude sheer to the waist pantyhose every time I ride our stationary bike at home. Also have great times when my wife has me doing pilates wearing this little outfit remember to pint your toes

It is also nice to wear under drab clothing.........

Red face

Maybe if I got me some leotards and unitards, I might start working out to lose my beer belly gut. I find it hard to get motivated to work out especially after working all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Lee
    Well. I think most dance schools allow leotards to be worn UNDER the tights. But I wonder what your open-minded instructor would say if you wore a leotard OVER your tights -- or if you wore a pink leotard with pink tights. Then it might be different of a situation.
    hi nicole.Of course when you have to attend ballet classes,possibly as the only man between a lot of girls,is not permited to wear leotard over the tights,or be dressed in pink.But if you take private lessons with a real open-minded instructor it's easier to tell her how you feel and your desire to be dressed completely as a woman,in pink,white,purple,wearing long sleeve leos with high cuts,over transparent tights,if you have no hairs in your legs,dance skirts and leg-warmers for the lessons.At least you must admit that wearing only black semi-opaque tights,cotton-lycra leotard and ballet slippers,you look more as a woman than a man,your attire it's real feminine.

Quote Originally Posted by ballerinagirl
    hi nicole.Of course when you have to attend ballet classes,possibly as the only man between a lot of girls,is not permited to wear leotard over the tights,or be dressed in pink.But if you take private lessons with a real open-minded instructor it's easier to tell her how you feel and your desire to be dressed completely as a woman,in pink,white,purple,wearing long sleeve leos with high cuts,over transparent tights,if you have no hairs in your legs,dance skirts and leg-warmers for the lessons.At least you must admit that wearing only black semi-opaque tights,cotton-lycra leotard and ballet slippers,you look more as a woman than a man,your attire it's real feminine.
    Ah, good idea!

myspace[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by fancy nancy
    Maybe if I got me some leotards and unitards, I might start working out to lose my beer belly gut. I find it hard to get motivated to work out especially after working all day.
    Yeah, I know how you feel. I tell myself the same thing .. " every morning, I'll go out on a jog. " But every morning, I'm always running late for class and always have to end up going 80+mph down the freeway to be on time. -_-; And I would then tell myself, I'll jog after school .. but that never works because I'm too lazy after all of my classes. Blahh!

myspace[/SIZE]