Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it the skirt or something else?

Is it the skirt or something else?

Another post about skinny jeans got me thinking, for how many of us is a skirt necessary to feel feminine? I know when I first started out it was a skirt/dress or nothing. I just needed that to feel right. But as of late I find myself almost enjoying skinny jeans and flare pants more. It seems like in this modern world, at least in the north east, skirts and dresses just aren't as prevalent. I almost think that if I do get up the nerve to go out dressed, it might not be in a dress, just because I would look more natural in pants.

I was the same but when I started it was the seventies and skirts were routinely worn by most women to the point where many never actually wore trousers. This has changed to the point where many women don't wear skirts or dresses except on special occasions. There has been a comeback of sorts where women wear dresses over opaque tights or leggings. I happen to like that look.

I think it really depends on your motivation for dressing. Everyone has their own take on it. I think. I personally want to look and feel like a woman as much as possible. Trousers or skirt it doesn't matter to me. But there is something about a skirt or dress it has to be said and I'm sure GGs would agree.

Jeans are okay for around the house I guess but when I go out a dress or skirt is necessary as I go dancing. Kind of hard to swish or swirl a pair of jeans or pants.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I really do not see the reason to cd, if you are not going to wear a dress in the first place.

Fitted jeans, yoga pants, skirts and dresses. It's all good

I don't feel the need to wear a skirt or dress in order to feel feminine. I have a couple of pairs of girls jeans which are quite 'blingy' and along with a nice girly top, feel and look great. Infact, if going out, I feel it's a bit easier to blend in ... the girl next door look - fine with me!

if you absolutely want to blend in around here, its gotta be jeans. A woman wearing a skirt or dress n upstate New York always attracts attention simply because it has become an unusual sight

I have a pair of flare bottom jeans that I love to wear around the house. They are 99% denim and 1% spandex and feel absolutely nothing like jeans made for men.

I love the feel of skirts and dresses, but actual women just don't wear them anymore unless they are going out to a club or something like that. How many times do you see a gg dressed like that at wall mart? I wish they did, but in you wanna blend then get some skinny jeans with some butt bling. And while we are on the subject, if you wear high heels at the grocery store your going to draw attention.
    "a little duct tape on the nipples is a small price to pay for beauty"

Silver Member
    Feminine fashions are always changing, but the individual must feel comfortable and confident in the items they choose to wear. If you enjoy some attire that is not in fashion (at the moment), try it - you may start a new trend!

Platinum Member

Skirts Rule !

H Brittany, I think that variety is the spice of life I love being able to
    change between skirts and pants, BUT SKIRTS RULE!
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Small town in western Kansas middle of nowhere
    I don't own any "girl jeans" I have never thought they would fit me right but lately I have been wondering about it. That was more because a couple of months ago I saw a really cute pair of shorts in a store and I my immediate thought was if I could pull off wearing them and what would I wear with them. That got me to thinking about jeans and I had an opportunity to try on a pair not long ago and they didn't fit all that badly althoug I would have to have a size smaller. It's the fact, at least my head, that these things were made for women that made them so appealing. That being said, I like my dresses, they make me feel so much like a woman.
    "It takes all kinds of kinds" Miranda Lambert
    Now some point a finger and let ignorance linger
    If they'd look in the mirror they'd find.
    That ever since the beginning to keep the world spinning
    It takes all kinds of kinds.

It all depends on where you are going and if you want to blend in with woman. You can wear what ever makes you happy, however others do notice if you do not blend in.
    TO OVER WEIGHT TO POST A PHOTO, MY wife tells me I look like I am pregnant

Aspiring Member
    The feel of a loose skirt over shaved legs is exquisite and cannot be matched by any pants. Just my feeling.

Ineke

Now and again I like to go en femme to see my Therapist. This being Southern California the dress tends to be rather on the casual side, flip-flops, sandals, athletic shoes; jeans, athletic pants, Capris, shorts, maxi-dresses and skirts; T-shirts, cropped tops (bare midriffs are in with the younger crowd), and halter tops. In the business districts you see a lot of heels, black pencil skirts and white silk tops, or women’s business suits. Teachers still wear dresses, I see dresses at the local elementary school.

My Therapist, Kelly, is situated on the third floor of a fairly large medical center. The first time I went en femme I wore sandals, jeans, and a sleeveless pullover blouse. Kelly asked why I had chosen that outfit and I told her that I thought it would blend in, it closely matched what I saw other women patients wearing.

She asked if I would be up to wearing a dress or skirt the next time I chose to attend en femme. I did both, wore a flower patterned wrap dress on one occasion and a black skirt on another, but I haven’t worn either since, although I did wear a skort once which looks exactly like an above the knees skirt. I believe this month was the first time this year I chose to go en femme and I wore a pair of Lee white Capris with a sequin pattern on the back pockets.

I do like skirts and dresses but I don’t have but one or two of each. I also have a lot of trouble finding either that fit. But this is Southern California, the land of casual, and I feel perfectly feminine in my skort, jeans, or Capris, whatever it takes to blend in and become just one of the girls. I would like to find a maxi-dress or skirt, which was reasonably priced, and give it a try. But I must admit that I have never understood why a maxi in the heat of summer, especially the ones made out of heavy material.
    Babs

I still prefer a skirt but I do love my skinny jeans: ). It's more than just the clothes it's feeling comfortable n complete : )

Brittany, my feeling is any garb that helps you feel feminine is gratifying. Whilst a skirt or dress can be very flattering, the fabric and fit of womens' skinny jeans can also showcase your 'ass-etts'

If we consider that underdressing makes many of us feel at least a bit more feminine, by extension, skinny jeans should hold the same properties. Its not always practical to wear a skirt or dress, but those jeans can be mixed into drab-wear pretty inconspicuously. A bit of a tuck and you're off and running. Pair them with heels for an even more accentuated derriere.

Hugs, Robin

Banned Read only
    Brittany, all of the above threads are good, sounds like you have tried skirts, dresses and jeans at home but haven't gone out but want to. If it's your first time out wear bootcut jeans and you will blend and won't be noticed, after several times out and your confidence is there try a skirt walking thru the mall either when it's busy or early in the morning when no one is there, your choice or try both. I think you'll find tight jeans can be sexy and girly but a woman/cd definately looks more sexually desirable in a short straigh skirt, pencil or sweater dress, nylons and heels. One of the things thats so much fun and rewarding about being a cd is trying new things, the excitment of taking it a little further each time and the pleasure that comes after you do this. The NorthEast weather that is about to come will definately have you in jeans. So put on some pretty sexy panties, girl jeans and "go out" in public some where, the only bad thing that will happen is when you return home you just might be disappointed that you just blended and wasn't noticed. Then think about adding a bra the next time.

Banned Read only
    Robin I just read your thread, sounds like you have all the right (girly) answers and really know how to get the most (girly) out of dressing. Not trying to take any credit from you but I am setting here at the computer dressed exactly as you described, bet my panties are prettier than yours. What can I say, great (girly) minds think alike.

No jeans for me. I wore jeans for 30 years at work. A skirt or a dress now.

Though I love skirts, skinny stretchy girl jeans are almost like tights and I love tights.

Happily Married CD !! Ina Girdle's Avatar
    I am a lowly under-dresser, who does not pay allot of attention to women's fashion, but I have watched allot of "What Not To Wear", with my wife who loves the show. I know the show is just about done, but you get a pretty good feel for what is appropriate and stylish for women & CD's of all ages and shapes by watching Stacy & Clinton (Shut Up!!). Just my 2 cents.

Ina

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    It's not the 50's anymore. Pantyhose have been invented and it's fine for women to wear pants. I grew up in the 50's, if you don't mind I'll stick with garters and skirts and dresses and heels too!

I still prefer to wear a skirt or dress when I go out (I do wear shorts and pants when the activity calls for them, having trouble locating my jeans lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Beth View Post
    I don't own any "girl jeans" I have never thought they would fit me right but lately I have been wondering about it.
    The material in women's jeans is not the same as men's. The feel, cut, stretch, etc is entirely different. I hate men's jeans, I feel like a slob if I have to wear them.. but a good fit pair of women's jeans, a little flair on the pocket.... it's worth trying! I find they fit a lot nicer than men's (though part of that has to do with the hormones and the ever shifting fat...) I find my men's jeans fall down without a belt, but all my girlie jeans stay where they belong on their own. Come to the dark side.. give it a try, and don't get discouraged if the first pair doesn't fit right. There are so many different styles and cuts to women's jeans, you'll find the perfect fit