Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Are men's clothes more comfortable

Follow your dream.
    Depends on the items
    Skirt + blouse + ballet flats vs men's suite, tie and hard shoes?
    Or
    6 inch heels + skin tight dress vs men's track pants, T-shirt and sneakers.

No simple answer.

Quote Originally Posted by erica6448 View Post
    Her comment about crossdressers, though, sounds like a definition from a psychology textbook from 50 years ago.
    I think it's actually a pretty accurate description given the fact that it's only a dozen words long.

if you think mens clothes are more comfortable you should start wearing womans panties (bali, vanityfair, or jockey,
    Then if you are sitting around in a night shirt try slipping on a half slip under it...
    Those are really comfortable

Of course it is different for different occasions and body types, and much as I enjoy the tight embrace of full foundation garments, after a few hours they are not exactly comfortable.. But for me, men's trousers are very uncomfortable with my middle-aged belly and narrow hips- I have to tighten the belt over my old mans bladder or else my trousers are liable to fall down. But a dress with an empire waist, ahhh so comfortable. Maybe in guy mode I should be wearing farmer- style overalls or baggy pants with braces. Ugh.
    Bald as I am, I usually wear a hat indoors and out, summer and winter. Or a wig. I often forget which I am wearing, they feel the same on my head, and i must remember to check. My wife finds this quite amusing.
    She loves the many pockets in men's clothes. I think pockets are lumpy and baggy, and prefer a smallish purse. To each her own, lol.
    Last edited by Jackie7; 10-21-2013 at 10:36 AM.

I don't look at as men or women's clothes. I wear what is comfortable and proper for the occasion. I mix and match my feminine and masculine clothes to suit my fancy. Daviolin
    [SIZE="6"]
    [/SIZE]
    A CD AND HIS WARDROBE, ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING.

And, Daviolin...that sweater looks very comfortable for a chilly day, like today.
    Myself, I used to get an erotic thrill from wearing women's clothing--wig, and heels too. In recent years, the thrill is less, I am comfortable enough, and I look nice (IMHO).
    After all, the goal is not comfort or I would wear women's slacks and loafers and skip the makeup. When I look in the mirror what I see is the goal. It comes from inside somewhere.

I hate trousers and always remove them as soon as I get home. Skirts, on the other hand are so comfortable that I wish I could go out wearing them on a regular basis. As I do not emulate women, it would look bizarre for a bearded man wearing a skirt in the outside world.

Both men and women's clothing can be comfortable or uncomfortable depending on what you are wearing, and the material it is made out of.

Old thread I know, but I find most of my girl clothes more comfortable than male clothes.

Thin panties and a narrow elastic band = way more comfortable than man shorts!
    A skirt vs pants, no question skirts are more comfortable.
    2" pumps are easier to wear all day than work boots that are 5 lbs each.
    If your bra is uncomfortable you are probably wearing the wrong size.

Sorry girl clothes win every time.

I have walked in downtown Chicago on a hot summer day in nothing but a bra, panties, sundress and sandals, and pitied the guys in their suits, ties and wingtips...the winter, on the other hand, is a nightmare in a dress or skirt, but no woman in her right mind would wear one if she can avoid it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaymees22 View Post
    I think men's and women's clothes are both comfortable but in different ways. Men's clothes are generally loose providing roomier comfort. The women's clothes I like fit more snugly, which gives me a feeling of security, like being hugged. I enjoy wearing women's clothes because it makes me feel better than I've ever felt and not really in a sexual way.
    I agree with you and this is pretty much how I view the comparison. The only thing I like more about women's clothing is the fact that the fabric is softer and just better feeling to me when I have it on. Obviously, if I had the choice I would always wear girls clothing however.
    I want to be a girl - that's all.

I'm perfectly comfortable in male clothes. And I'm even more comfortable in a dress or a skirt! Even a corset is comfy in its own way.

For sure its more comfortable but the weird part is when Im en femme it doesnt matter what Im wearing it all feels comfortable because I just feel so sexy haha

Banned Read only
    SOME women have a shape that is more typical of a male. [Trust me I live in Florida...aka The Sunshine State where skin is on display practically year round]

I imagine for many of them, some men's clothes might just fit better.

Better fit = better comfort. To me at least.

I totally think that women's clothing is much more comfortable. The feeling of paties is so much nicer than men's briefs or boxers.
    jennigrace

Bras are not comfortable.

womens jeans tend to feel more comfortable for me. lighter material, usually a little softer, snug fitting. Some silky shirts feel more comfortable. Skirts and the freedom it gives is definitely comfortable. Some dresses which go into that category, although some likely not. Women's shoes..... what so many of us (myself included) love most are high heels. Are they truly more comfortable than men's shoes hehe, We know the answer to this, but we love to wear them for reasons other than their comfort. There are some mens shirts that I do feel very comfortable in. Even some suits I can feel comfortable in if they really fit well. And dress pants can feel comfortable too.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

Banned Read only
    All my women's clothing I have has at least 10% spandex in the fabric. The men's counterparts don't have spandex in them. I have never found mens jeans that have spandex, shirts are very few and far between. All mens underwear has an incredibly harsh waistband, etc

Spandex=Stretchiness=comfort.

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    If I never had to wear men's cut pants again I'd be the happiest person in the world. Since I wear sweaters or T shirts all the time I now almost exclusively wear woman's stretch jeans. they are more comfortable and ride at my real waist and not where people think a man's waist is. Since I've done this I have actually gotten rid of that man tire and trained my waist to be higher. I now have nicer hips. My girl close fit better and I feel better.

For a very long time I have felt that skirts should have always been for males and pants for females.

My reasoning has to do with human anatomy below the waist. Its obvious that pants are a better fit for females and skirts or dresses would be alot more comfortable for males.

I agree with the above. I don't go out dressed under normal circumstances. At home I dress 24/7 and can't wait to get home so I can change into a dress or skirt; it's the only time I really feel comfortable.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

I'm on the female clothes are more comfortable side. Given the choice, I would definitely wear my fem clothes all the time.
    I under dress all the time, would never go back to men's tighty whiteys!

I found nothing beats a maxi-dress when I was removing fence post stumps with a 1.8 m (6 ft) steel bar with the help of a sledgehammer. The wood had rotted and I had to replace them with steel posts and poured concrete bases. This is when the temperature was about 37 deg C (99 deg F). It felt good to have the garment hang from my shoulders and not have any underwear on. It also felt good to have the air come up underneath.

And I really do no like to wear pants in any way, shape, or form when I am sleeping.

Johanna (John)
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

If you think that men are more comfortable in mens clothes then they havent worn a Vanity Fair skip to bed
    They havent worn Skimp Scamp or Victoria Secret briefs
    They havent worn Pantyhose with a skirt and shaved legs
    The only thing I agree with is that bras are more uncomfortable than a tee shirt

Personally the main thing for me with male pants is they actually have pockets but pass that I can wear male or female and feel perfectly at home yet tend to wear tight female jeans 90% of the time and the remaining times will wear my one pair of male trousers because I need the pockets.
    SRS January 27