Thread: Got my ears pierced

Got my ears pierced

My wife had been saying she was going to take me to get my ears pierced for a couple of weeks now. Finally we had time off together and we headed to the mall to look around. We settled on a small cz stud that looks good on either a guy or girl. No one has said anything other than my mom and sister teasing on facebook. Now we did see a bunch of cute earing in clairs and when we got home I told her when the six week wait is over I want the t-rex earing I had seen in the store. And she said aren't those a little girly for when your a guy. I said no but they are dorky and that works for me. I am going to be 34 but I see myself as a 20 something dorky girl. But hey this dork wont have to clip on earrings anymore.

Platinum Member
    Hi Traci, That's great, now you can have a yard sale and get rid of all those terrible clip-ons.

Getting my ears pierced is still on my bucket list.
    Last edited by BLUE ORCHID; 10-22-2013 at 08:20 PM.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Thankfully I was only able to find one pair that did not just scream clip on. SO not too much a waste if I just toss them.

I still go to claires and get imitation studs.
    I will drill a hole in the ears one day.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Sigh! Maybe someday I will get mine pierced, also. Good for you!
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

Just one of the Girls 4mymichelle's Avatar
    Traci,
    Yes, get rid of the clip-on! Lol I didn't like wearing them at all, so that is why I had my ears pierced. Plus now having a wide variety of styles is the bonus. I always say to anyone thinking of having their ears pierced to do it! Give a big thank you to your wife for taking you! Enjoy your pierced ears

I was a little worried about them sticking in my motorcycle helmet. But I just came back from a ride and was not an issue. Wife cautioned me that piercings can be addicting.

Congratulations Traci!

Enjoy your new earring freedom (in six weeks) but please don't go overboard with piercings! You look too lovely to ruin with too much metal.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Thanks, never been one to go overboard but I did have my eyebrow done 8 years ago. The hole been closed for some time now

This is great Traci. I am so happy for you.

Tried subtly floating the idea here but got shot down in flames. However, did learn from the other girls where to get it done locally. I even had the little loop starter rings all picked out.

Now you all know why I live in the closet.

Hugs, Robin

Congratulations, Traci! Hope you enjoy them as much as I do mine. Just be sure to keep the ears clean during the healing process. You don't want an infection. I cleaned mine at least 3 times a day, with no problems at all.

Just can't help myself! Brenda456's Avatar
    I am jealous! Where I work, earrings on a guy just will not fly.

Congratulations! I've had my ears pierced for well over 20 years now and I never regretted a single one of my 7 piercings. No one ever says a word to me and I've worn a large variety of earrings in guy mode. Then again I also have my tongue pierced and had my lip pierced at one point as well. The lip is now closed up and although I won't get another facial piercing I might get another set done in the future making 11 total lol. Now to find a set of threader earrings.

The avvy pic isn't me
    Tis one of the best things i've ever done for myself, and if my lobes were better suited for 2 holes(thin and short lobes), i'd have done the second holes by now.

Welcome to the world of the topologically enhanced!

I did mine a few months ago and never regretted it for a moment. The six weeks do take forever to go by, but then the earring binge begins! Do use the ear cleanser you were given at least twice a day on both sides of each ear, applied with a cotton swab.

At Claire's you can get cards of 20 crystal studs for $20. That is a wonderful way to start. After my six weeks were up I made it a point to change my earrings every day, both for practice in changing them and to get my ears used to changing. The first few times were tough but I quickly learned how the holes went and now it's a snap!

Even in male mode I enjoy matching my stud color to my shirts and I've received no negative comments. In femme, the comfort and security of pierced ears can't be beat!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

the only thing I regreat about piercing my ears is not doing it 20 years ago. love wearing earring when I can

Totes jealous! Thinking of doing mine in a week or two. Just keep chickening out because of the pain factor.

paper_clip--- Don't worry about the pain. I was amazed how LITTLE pain there was when mine were pierced. Reach up & pinch your earlobe with your fingernail. It's no worse than that. And after a few seconds, it'a all over. And just think about all the cute dangly earrings you'll be able to wear after they heal. And welcome to the site. I'm a newbie too.

I agree with Laura! When mine was done the "click" of the tool made more of an impression on me than the sensation of the earring going in. There was a vague dull ache for a few hours but I only perceived it when I thought about it.

Don't chicken out! You'll love the results.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

My ears have been pierced for about 9 years. I'm sooo glad I did it. You will love having pierced ears!!!!

I would like to get my ears pierced. For right now though I have a pair of small hoop clip on earrings. I don't know how work would react to me getting my ears pierced. They would ask why. I would have no choice but to lie to them as far as why I would get my ears pierced. My parents would probably get weirded out by me having my ears pierced. They might get over it. Also I haven't come out to my parents about my lifestyle.

i'm jalous, I wish I can do this !

Congratulations! You'll not regret getting them pierced. My SO has been approving of my CDing since we first met. She was after me to get mine pierced for years. I was a big chicken of what friends and family would say. Then, one Christmas I opened a small present ...... Diamond earrings!!! I said, " but I don't have pierced ears". She said, "Claire's is still open tonite." When people asked me about the piercings, I had the perfect reason. She bought me $2000.00 diamond earrings, what an insult to not wear them.

I so want to get it do. But the lies I would have to tell. I am not sure I could pull it off.

I am considering getting mine pierced as well. I brought a pair of long regular earrings (couldn't find any clip ons) and as stupid as it sounds I have to use masking tape to get them to stay on, but alas they will eventually fall off anyway and it is really beginning to get on my nerves. My real hair covers my ears so if I were to get them done I don't think the piercings would be noticeable anyway.