Thread: Cleaning Out The Closet

Cleaning Out The Closet

I'm a collector. I love putting outfits together and mixing this and that. Maybe I'm a closet stylist, a Clinton Kelly?. And, there in lays the rub. I have my closet space and I must keep within to keep my wife in a positive mood. I can barely get into my closet. I have tubs of tops, sweaters, lingerie et al. And shoes and boots, Oh my! I have to trim down and seem to have trouble parting with any. Does that make me a hoarder? Well I have stuff up on ebay so I must be able to part with some things.

Sounds like a regular girl to me. Don't sell too much or you'll have to buy more to fill the open spots. And none of us girls likes to shop for girlie things. Or do me, I mean we.
    After searching my lingerie drawers, I have come to the conclusion that they lied. Ruffles don't have ridges. At least mine don't.

Put it on E Bay get rid of it and clean the closet out.
    Then you can start phase two of your life.
    Clothing upgrade time.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Welcome to the world of CD hoarders. I know I'm one of them. I like doing mix and match also. There are so many cute outfits you can put together. Yes I am the fashion queen at our house. We hoarders should take a picture of our stash and post them on here. See who wins the prize as the biggest hoarder. Daviolin
    [SIZE="6"]
    [/SIZE]
    A CD AND HIS WARDROBE, ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING.

Small town in western Kansas middle of nowhere
    I wouldn't say I'm hoarder I don't have lot of dresses and skirts and things. I did however a few years have to remodel the master bedroom and build a large walk in closet
    "It takes all kinds of kinds" Miranda Lambert
    Now some point a finger and let ignorance linger
    If they'd look in the mirror they'd find.
    That ever since the beginning to keep the world spinning
    It takes all kinds of kinds.

this may sound inconsiderate but do you have any size 11 heels?
    Black pumps maybe?
    Last edited by Violet-13; 10-27-2013 at 05:47 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Platinum Member
    Hi LP, I really can't be of much help, I have three closets full and 130+ pairs of shoes.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I just started putting together a wardrobe again after making a serious purge 2 1/2 years ago.. So, I'm at the point where I'm bargaining with my wife to maintain "X" amount of clothing articles... For example, I have two pair of Size 11 flats by Kenneth Cole, which I bought on Amazon.com last January -- they're a little too big.. But, since its 'way past the point' now when I could return them, I've decided to sell them to a local store named "Clothing Mentor".. They buy and sell 'gently used' items, and to be quite honest, my flats have never been out of the house.. I think when I make the cash grab, I'll head to Kohl's to buy two new pair, those which I can try on - and they actually fit (online shopping isn't all its cracked up to be)..

So, at least I've found a way to 'recycle' items, even more than when its TRASH DAY

It can be a blessing to be limited on storage as it will stop impulse buys. Ebay and charity is where my clothes end up (male and female) twice a year start of spring and autumn I have a sort through putting items into storage (loft) that wont get used until the weather changes. Then if I come across something I did not wear for the last two seasons it gets the old heave-ho! also I'm quick to return or pass on items that in the cold light of day either don't fit or suit me. The only thing I tend to hang on to is shoes/boots but again store the ones I wont use this season in the loft.

I have some. Most of my shoes are 11Ms. I can look and then maybe put them on Ebay and I try to remember to give you a heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by LPark View Post
    I have some. Most of my shoes are 11Ms. I can look and then maybe put them on Ebay and I try to remember to give you a heads up.
    thank you
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]